GO!

Senior Cats > Hot temps outside for my outdoor stray/feral cat

Old Bud

Purred: Sat Jul 7, '12 3:43pm PST 
Ive been searching for help for my two, somewhat feral cats I have taken care of for 4 years or so. One of my cats, Old Bud, was recently taken to the vets as it was getting sick and gaging but it wasnt hair. The vet told me he was an old cat and that his heart was enlarged and had water around his lungs. He is now on medication to help relive his problems.
My bigger question/issue is....the temperatures here in Illinois is now at 110 and Im so worried about this older cat dieing. He does not like being inside although at one time he must have been an indoor cat as he is fixed and declawed. Anyhow, outside of putting numerouse water bowls outside for him, is there anything else I can do? I know both cats seem to find shade under decks and sheds, but with the heat Im very concerned. I noticed him breathing from his mouth yesterday, but calmed down once I brought him in for the short time he would allow. Please let me know.
Thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 9:11 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.