Postings by Claude Hoppurr

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '14 7:12pm PST 
ok- hmmm. Let's get Fake Cats going again! Seriously is everyone on FB? Do yoou have any cat stories to tell?
This past year I have been going to shows. Mumma said she is campaigning me in the CFF Household pet division. So far I'm doing ok (I'd rather stay home and sleep, but that's another story).
Is any one else doing anything fun or different? Let's hear about that!!
wave
[notify]

» There has since been -38.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Grooming > Any tips on preventing mats?
Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 6:58pm PST 
Some people with long haired cats use a stitch remover to help get mats out. Mats usually form when the fur gets greasy - I use Psssssst(dry shampoo) to help remove the grease. If your cat won't let you spray him - try using cornstarch on a makeup brush and brush/dab it in, let it be for a day or 2 and then gently comb it out. A brush won't help here - you need a wide-toothed comb, I think.
Degreasing once a week should do the trick. Applying an anti static coat conditioner should help too.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Claude Hoppurr, Feb 19 6:58 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Adopting a kitty for Apartment dwellers

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 6:36pm PST 
WOW!
Am assuming that your lease includes allowing cats or pets. That is important.
Don't know much about The Sphinx breed myself except that they need to be kept warm. Competed against one this past weekend at a show and he seemed like a nice cat, but was nervous so he acted out a bit.
Just being consistent in correcting unwanted behaviors with what ever means you choose to use is appropriate - I used to use a squirt bottle with water in it to discourage unwanted behaviors, but now that I show one of my cats and use squirt bottles to apply things to enhance my cat's fur, I avoid using squirt bottles for disciplining my cats. I use clapping my hands and my voice to varying degrees of success laugh out loud .
Declawing is not a desired way to keep your cat from clawing at things. It is a cruel surgical procedure that most cat owners avoid. Clipping claws every few weeks is a better way to prevent clawing. The two of you should have no difficulty getting your cat used to this. Begin by handling the cat's paws everyday. Massage the paws, work on unsheathing the claws by gently pressing them at the base of the claw one at a time. Do this for a few minutes daily with soft words and patting - finish by rewarding a good session with his/her favorite treat. If you are unable to clip the claws yourself - find a groomer or ask your vet to do it for you.
Good luck with your new kitty !
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nicodemus, Mar 5 10:16 am

Grooming > New to cats- How to bathe?

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Thu Aug 22, '13 11:16am PST 
Clip the claws BEFORE you bathe your cat! Most cats do not need a regular bath unless they get into something or like a male cat (not neutered) may have "stud tail" and become very greasy. Sphinx cats and other "hairless" breeds are often oily cats and may need a regular bath too.
Use a mild shampoo that is specifically for cats (I avoid shampoos with fragrance). Dawn dishwashing detergent (the one they use for the cleaning of marine animals after an oil spill) works well for degreasing a very oily cat.
Wash the cat in water that is slightly warmer than you would bathe in (they have a higher body temperature than we do) and make sure you rinse rinse rinse. Avoid water in the ears and eyes. Towel dry. I put my cats in the bathroom or in a warm area (in winter I use a space heater in the room) without a litter box (clumping litter will end up sticking to the paws and coat) for an hour or so. Then once the coat is dry - groom as usual. Grooming a wet coat may damage the fur especially in a long-haired cat.
Bathing more than once a month will dry out the skin and coat.
Be patient and having a second pair of hands to help is often very useful!
Bathing your cat gives you the opportunity to inspect your cat for lumps and bumps and other issues you may not normally see!
Good luck!!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 24 5:01 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My big fighter is gone ...

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Sat Jul 20, '13 4:59am PST 
We are so sorry to hear that Delyte has passed to the Bridge. Our thoughts are with you.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Aug 20 11:03 am

Grooming > Having my cats professionally groomed
Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:37pm PST 
the grooming worked out purrfectly! I looked very nice and won 2 bests and one 2nd best(out of 5 rings)! Mumma thinks she will send me to the "spa" again if she can't make time before a show to make me beautiful! hail
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 11:10 pm

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:22pm PST 
and thank you Bodrouex - purrhaps we will meet some day!!
[notify]

» There has since been -2.1999999999998 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:20pm PST 
ooh dear Delyte hope you are doing ok - so sorry to hear you are unwell and your Purrson too. Will keep our paws and extra toes crossed for you.
Love
Claudie
[notify]

» There has since been -1.1999999999998 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:26pm PST 
I went to a show today -I got 1st best HHP two times and 2nd best one time - out of 18 cats and 5 rings. We show in the New England area. Are you near here??
[notify]

» There has since been 1.8000000000002 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Grooming > Having my cats professionally groomed
Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 12:27pm PST 
I have made an appt to have Claude and Marlin groomed next week - the day before our next show. Anything I should ask or mention?
I feel like I am "cheating" a bit because I normally would show-groom them myself, but I just will not have the time to bathe and groom them myself next week. Do you think this is "cheating"?
Thanks for any advice or insights!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 11:10 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.