GO!

Food & Nutrition > Soulistic Canned Cat Food?

Saphira

Yes, I really- want to play- fetch AGAIN!

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '14 8:33pm PST 
I should add that until August 9, 2014, Soulistic food is on sale at our local Petco, buy eight cans for the price of six. At this price, it is only slightly more expensive than Fancy Feast, and I am going to try to stock up before the price goes back up! Not sure if this offer is good at all stores, but worth checking!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > Soulistic Canned Cat Food?
Saphira

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '14 4:23pm PST 
Our older Ocicat Saphira joined our family in December, 2011, a surprise Christmas gift from our daughters. She was about two at the time and was being retired from breeding. Her breeder fed her Fancy Feast, so that is what we started with. Over the next two years we made numerous attempts to switch her to something healthier, at least a dozen flavors of five or six brands of high quality food. She turned up her pretty little nose at all of them. I finally gave up and settled on giving her only the grain free varieties of FF. She would eat it, but sometimes taking a long time, just grazing really. Sometimes to get her to finish a meal we would have to "bribe" her to eat by sprinkling a little of her favorite dry food on it.

A while ago we found Weruva, but the nearest source of it is over 40 miles from here, not practical. Further searching led us to Soulistic, a Petco brand produced by Weruva. We bought a few cans, and to our very pleased surprise, she absolutely LOVES the Good Karma Chicken, snarfing it down in one sitting, then licking the plate!

A side observation: Soulistic has none of the fillers or "byproducts" found in other foods, and instead of the ground up meat mush of most cat foods, the flavor we are feeding them looks just like what it is, shredded chicken! First cat food I have found in 58 years of being owned by cats that looks and smells like something I would eat! Yes, it is a bit more expensive than FF, but our little spotted girls are worth it!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:33 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

Saphira

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 12:04pm PST 
I need to clarify here, that neither Saphira nor Viola's butt stinks, and they don't really fling litter much. Right after Viola joined us she was kept separated in another bedroom with a conventional flat litter box, and some of her excavations there approached engineering efforts. She was just so fastidious about how it was done, and how deeply she had to dig. They are both just absolute joys, both well behaved and yet active and playful. I think all Ocicat servants say that, but, hey, it's true. laugh out loud kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 11 4:03 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

Saphira

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 11:51am PST 
We have two Ocicats (they tend to be kind of large, our big girl is north of eleven pounds), and have had really good luck with the Omega Paw Roll n Clean, it is a covered box, and to clean it you just roll it over onto its top, then upright again. All the "lumps" collect in a drawer, which you just empty and you are done. Takes 30 seconds, much cheaper than the automatic ones, you can find the large one online for about $30. The small is probably too small for any but a small cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 11 4:03 pm

Ocicat > Stray cat that I took in. Pure Ocicat? .

Saphira

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '12 5:35pm PST 
Hard to tell from the pix, might be. Can you post a few more showing more of the body markings? Uh, Huckleberry, are you confusing the Oci with the Egyptian Mau? The Oci was created in 1964 by a Michigan breeder, Virginia Daly. She crossed an Abyssinian with a Siamese, and one of the second generation outcrosses had spots instead of the expected Aby Point Siamese markings. We are currently the servants to a three year old lavender Ocicat, and she is a total joy. In the past we have been owned by two different Egyptian Maus, and they are also delightful animals. They are thought to be the descended from the original Egyptian temple cats, and are thus a very old breed.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 5:35 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.