GO!

Cat Health > Do you take methimazole? I have a question!

Jacks

I yowl,- therefore I am

Purred: Mon May 20, '13 9:39pm PST 
The eye sounds totally unrelated to the thyroid issue. I am taking 5mg tabs. At 2.5mg, I still couldn't gain weight and was ravenous. 1.25mg sounds like a low dose to make anyone sluggish. Hyperthyroidism makes you hypertensive. Maybe the infection in your eye is making you feel sluggish? Try neosporin in the eye. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 20 9:39 pm

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism and borderline kidney disease
Jacks

I yowl,- therefore I am

Purred: Sat Mar 23, '13 6:48pm PST 
Hi Goose. I just wrote in my diary about these very problems. I'm also hyperthyroid and early kidney. Kidney diets are great because low protein, phospherous, and sodium, but higher in fat to try and keep weight on us. Royal Canin Renal and SD K/D have been good, haven't tried NF. I hear the Iams kidney diet is also real good.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 23 6:48 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Come play with me

Jacks

I yowl,- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Nov 5, '12 8:55pm PST 
Hi friends! I'm administrator of the Black Beauty group, trying to bring it back to life! If you are a black kitty or have a black dog in your family, please join and come play!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 4:20 pm

Cat Health > UTI prevention in male cats

Jacks

I yowl,- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '12 6:46pm PST 
Sorry to hear that you are frustrated and having so many difficulties with bladder infections. I get bladder infections all the time ans mom has learned to control them. Canned food is very good for preventing urinary crystals and infections, as stated earlier. Also, make sure your food is low in magnesium to prevent struvite crystals, which cats mostly get. If you get oxalate crystals, which is rare in cats, make sure the food is low in calcium. This is where the prescription diets come in if you can't manage them. Another good thing to try for cystitis (which is chronic inflammation of the bladder without crystals) is Cosequin. This helps relieve inflammation. Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 9:54 am

Senior Cats > Kuma-Neko turned 20 last month

Jacks

I yowl,- therefore I am

Purred: Sun Jul 1, '12 9:15pm PST 
What a great story. Your mom really loves you! Happy Birthday. Hope you have many more.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 9:15 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.