Postings by Lulu

GO!

Food & Nutrition > is cat food container

Lulu

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 4:56am PST 
I keep all the food in a container simply because if I just kept it in the bag the cats find it, put a hole in the bag, and eat it. It also keeps it fresh. I bought mine at Petsmart. It's purple and has wheels.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ramsey, Aug 25 5:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > 13 yr old REFUSES to eat Natural Food!
Lulu

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 4:54am PST 
Lulu is 13 and has only eaten meow mix and purina her entire life. My other two eat Blue Buffalo. I've been trying to switch her to a healthier food and she refuses! I was switching her slowly by mixing the healthy food into her purina which was working well, but when it got to be mostly BB she went on a dry-food strike that lasted until I gave in and bought another bag of purina. She won't even try new food now. I had a sample of wellness which she enjoyed but when I bought a whole bag she put her nose up at it. These are the brands I have tried:
Blue Buffalo (3 different varieties)
Wellness (all varieties)
Innova
Science Diet
Simply Nourish
Authority
It gets worse if the food doesn't contain grains. She won't even touch grain free wet food and she loves wet food! I feel bad because my other two are eating expensive high quality food and she's eating by-products and corn.

Has anyone else's cat done this? Do I just give in and buy her the other food? Help!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lulu, Aug 21 4:54 am

Food & Nutrition > What pet food now?

Lulu

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 11:43am PST 
I feed them blue buffalo or wellness. If you write to the company and ask for coupons they will send you one. Wellness also will send free samples in the mail. Petsmart has both brands on sale often so it's not too horribly expensive. Plus you don't have to feed as much because there is less filler in it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lulu, Jun 14 11:43 am

Food & Nutrition > Throwing his nose up...again! (Nutro or Holistic Select)

Lulu

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 11:42am PST 
Lulu is 13 and was on meow mix/purina her entire life. I tried switching her to natural food and it didn't work. She REFUSED to even eat one bite of Wellness CORE. She liked Wellness chicken for a total of 2 days then refused to eat it. She ate blue buffalo for two days then went on a hunger strike for a week, only eating wet food, until I finally caved in and bought her the purina again. Some cats are just stubborn -_-. She's a stubborn old woman, she's just like my great-grandmother and her sister who refused to stop eating tons of salt despite having really high blood pressure =p. I hope you have better luck with your cat than I did!

I've heard really bad things about Nutro though. A lot of people said that it made their pet really sick and some of them even died. I would go with the other food x-x. ( http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html )
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Jun 22 11:49 pm

Cat Health > Outdoor Cats? Why?

Lulu

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 11:19am PST 
I don't let any of my cats outside. I live in a small town and my road is really busy most of the time because there is a church AND a funeral home right next to me. My neighbor had the sweetest cat ever. They didn't feed him or care about him, they hated cats and said that he "had no soul"... We would feed him and give him treats and were thinking about taking him in since he always ended up (no idea how he got there) in one room of our house anyway. He was killed by teenagers. They hit him with their car and also cut him.. we have sick people around here. He managed to get home to my neighbors who had him put down. I'll never have an outside cat. Every outdoor cat I've known either got killed by a car or a dog/other animal.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maple, Jul 11 10:31 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.