Postings by Juliette

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?
Juliette

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 2:16am PST 
My new son-in-law is allergic to cats so I went looking for a Siberian because I heard that they were hypoallergic....I never knew that my older cat would take to her as much as he has so he grooms her every day. Siberians are a natural breed like Maine Coons and very smart. She is my first cat from a breeder. My other cats were all rescues and were loved so much. Going to a breeder is a choice and individual so please don't make judgemental evaluations on those who go to them.
They love cats as much everyone else does. One of my first cats was a Maine Coon mix and he was a special cat. I love big cats and he was one. He was born at a no kill shelter and a runt of the litter.
Every cat is wonderful no matter where they come from......just go with flow and do what you like to do....thank for going to shelters and breeders and keeping those special cats happy and loved...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Grooming > Any tips on preventing mats?
Juliette

Purred: Wed Feb 12, '14 2:46am PST 
I do not pull them. My Juliette gets them now and then. I work at them slowly and they do come out. Be patient.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Claude Hoppurr - Master GR Com, Feb 19 6:58 pm

What I Love About Catster > FOOTBALL !! 2013 Season !!

Juliette

Purred: Sat Jan 11, '14 6:47pm PST 
Anyone watching the game now......It is such a weird game. Patriots and Colts....nerve wrecking....Cats are enjoying the game but they are more relaxed than we are. Juliette and Alex
are just relaxing on their cat trees. Juliette had me running after her in the middle of the second
quarter...She had some poop attached to her fur........It was removed but I missed their goal....
Hope that the second half of the game goes well.....Yeah Pats!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 300 posts. Last posting by Cowboy, Feb 3 2:45 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?

Juliette

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '13 7:18am PST 
My new son-in-law is very allergic to cats and can't stay with us long without being in such
agony. My daughter loves cats so I went with a kitten who was hypoallergic. Siberians are such a breed plus they are smart and large cats. I have had all cats who were saved but this time I wanted one that was home bred. She does well with everyone and has no health issues. My first
kitten, Ben, was a Maine Coon mix who was the runt of the litter at the pound. I loved him and he was with us for sixteen years but there were health issues. He was malnourished, had a hyperthyroid, diabetes, FUS, and finally cancer. I paid quite a bit for his health and loved him dearly. Natasha was our second one. She was in good health but she was on the timid side and
didn't like other cats much. She was affectionate with us but no cat. As for Alex, I am glad to say that he was our first cat from the pound who is in good health and loves everyone. He was also fostered which helped with his nature. Natasha was a stray who lost her kittens at the pound. When she came home to us, she weighed just three and half pounds. I nursed her back to health......Juliette is our first kitten from a breeder. I got to see her parents and her home.
She is loving and gives Alex loving too. She is well socialized. Because of my new son-in-law, I am glad that we have her. If we ever need care for her, my daughter and her husband are our back up care takers......I hope that answers your question. Everyone has a different answer.
They may love the breed and want good health background. I have done both and glad that we met all of them. I will not be showing Juliette even though she is a beautiful golden Siberian.
I don't need others to tell me that she is beautiful...I know....
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Kitten Corner > Is this normal?

Juliette

Purred: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:21pm PST 
Bouncing off the furniture is very normal for a kitten. They need some watching as they are dare devils at this age. My kitten made the same sounds as you are describing. Enjoy this time as it goes by quickly. Soon, it will be neuter time and your kitten will calm down a bit. Mine was neutered by the time she was five months olds......
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bodrouex, Jan 24 10:02 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > A feline companion for Mr. B
Juliette

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 2:49am PST 
Well, I would bring a kitten to him. Kittens love everyone and do well. My daughter got a kitten for her dog and they do well together. My kitten likes my daughter's dog. My kitten is a Siberian who do well with dogs and cats. They are large sized cats who are intelligent. They are hard to find too. You may want a mixed breed too. Hope you find the right kitten.....and take it slow...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jan 22 11:09 pm

Kitten Corner > Litter suggestions for 4 month old kitten

Juliette

Purred: Mon Dec 31, '12 5:38am PST 
You can use non-clumping litter for a month but I think clumping is fine for a four month old kitten. I did use non-clumping when I got my three months old kitten for two months. Now, she uses the clumping litter. I like Dr. Elsey's litter or Stop and Shop clumping litter that has no
deodorizers in it. Kittens are fun but you have to be careful about the damages that they do and places they love to find. Until I knew Juliette well, she had the bedroom for a couple of weeks. When I was not at home, I kept her there until I knew that she was fine. By five months, I knew her well enough to trust her. She still likes to wander....My older cat follows her around.
I hope that your Christmas ornaments are away and no tinsel. ---no rubber bands, curley ribbons are Alex's favorite problem makers.....Enjoy your kitten's antics...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kyubey, Jan 13 9:43 pm

Kitten Corner > kitten help!

Juliette

Purred: Fri Dec 28, '12 7:38pm PST 
Wellness does make kitten food and there are some foods that are labeled for all stages of life.
My kitten chows down her food so my older cat does get much of her food. Some times, they
take turns eating each other's food. It is fine as long as both are getting enough food.
I did separate the food in the first few months. Kitten Juliette is now nine months so she is doing well eating kitten and adult food. Make sure that you are exercising all of the cats and kittens.
Enjoy the kittens...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Dec 28 7:38 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > I want to Get a Cat but I am severely allergic

Juliette

Purred: Sun Nov 4, '12 11:22am PST 
Each Siberian is different so you need to check their parents out. I have a Siberian kitten which I got because of my son-in-law. He is also allergic to cats. Even so, she is my sweet kitten. They are so clever and loving. Now, the cost varies from breeder to breeder and color to color. My kitten is a light brown Siberian and their cost can range from 650-800. The white Siberians are around 1200 to 2000 depending on their background. You may be able to find an adult that is going to be retired for half these prices. Be careful if you go to a breeder. May sure that you see the parents and the environment. Tell the breeder of your allergies and she/he will get some fur from their cats to check out the allergy. Good luck.....
p.s. This kitten was my first from a breeder. I have always had rescues..
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gypsy, Nov 27 3:56 am

Behavior & Training > Help! I'm new and nobody likes me!
Juliette

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:45am PST 
Listen, please don't yell at your cats. It makes them stressed. I used treats when mine were in the room together. Alex doesn't get them unless Juliette is there too. Get them used to be spoiled when the other one is nearby. Juliette hates his treats so it works out well. Ours wrestle and then groom each other. Alex is nine years old and acts like a kitten. Your four year old is just establishing the order. Alex used to follow Juliette from room to room to check her out. He is now content with her. He loves grooming her. Also, use some catnip to relax everyone. I haven't had to do this. Praise them when they are doing well but say nothing. When we watched Alex who is fifteen pounds wrestle with our four and half pound kitten, it was nerve-wrecking but he was so gentle with her. She was small enough to get away. Now, she is six pounds and she starts the wrestling. They always end it with grooming each other. It is so neat to watch....Now relax, your two will be fine...don't expect the seniors to be excited about a kitten.
They just want to sleep and sleep......
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 15 9:00 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.