Postings by Marlin Purrkins

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Choosing the Right Cat > Is a Singapura right for me?
Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '14 1:03am PST 
Why not get your Singapura kitten and find a shelter kitten (around the same age and size as a companion?
Just a thought...
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sat 12:09 am

Cats & Travel > 8 hours is it all that bad?
Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Mon Jun 2, '14 2:17pm PST 
I travel regularly with my 2 boys. I started when they were very young, but I have a kennel in the back of my car complete with a bed, a litter pan and a perch. They crab a little a first and then they settle down. We've never driven more than 4 hours from home, though.I do not offer food and water while we are traveling because they get carsick.
I think 8 hours in a carrier might be a bit excessive, for a young cat. Could you provide the cat with a bit more space? Maybe a very large carrier that a small litter pan would fit in? I put a puppy pee pad over the litter for easy clean up on a longer trip. I keep small garbage bags in my car for odor control and ease of disposal. On a long trip like that I would certainly offer water at least once and maybe some type of food in limited quantities.
I put harnesses on my cats and have leashes available to help control them if I have to open the kennel on the road. This is for safety - I certainly would noot want one (or both) of my boys loose on the side of a busy highway.
I think you are being very smart by trying to get this cat used to traveling before you actually hit the road for the long trip!
Good luck and have a safe journey.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Jun 2 2:17 pm

Cats & Travel > Should I bring my cat to make friends?

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Tue May 6, '14 6:01pm PST 
I think taking your cat on a "play date" would not be a good idea. Most cats take a while to get acclimated with each other and taking an unknown cat into an established clowder could have disastrous results. If you feel your cat needs companionship consider getting another cat, but be prepared for a lengthy period of time for them to get along and accept each other.
Can you find an interactive toy that might engage her while you are not home? Maybe a video designed for cats might be just the thing she needs.
Most cats, being somewhat solitary creatures, are fine all by themselves if you are able to give them a bit of attention each day. Every cat has it's own "saturation" level - some cats need a lot of attention, other cats are fine with a minimal amount of interaction. You need to determine what your cats needs are on an individual basis.
Best of luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Stella, May 15 9:18 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Sat Mar 22, '14 8:33pm PST 
Claude and I chased a mouse through the fire screen (and broke it) in mumma's fireplace. (she wasn't happy about this)and we didn't catch the mouse!
[notify]

» There has since been -33.2 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, May 18 3:43 am

Cat Health > Does my cat need an IV and Blood work for spay?

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Thu Feb 27, '14 5:53pm PST 
Actually I would choose having an IV. I work as a RN in an ambulatory surgical unit - we have lot's of kids come in for tonsillectomies and such. None have blood work done - most kids (and cats) at that age are healthy and the trauma of drawing blood is best avoided. An IV allows for emergent care (if there is a need for that).
But if having neither done is an option, and you are comfortable making that decision - go for it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:27 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Sun Nov 24, '13 5:19pm PST 
So glad they are home! I know the re-introducing is going kind of slow, but after a few weeks, I bet things will get back to normal.
Happy are the cats who have a warm and loving home!
much love
The Purrgang
[notify]

» There has since been -12.2 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, May 18 3:43 am

Cats & Travel > Need a cat sitter affordable please 1 day only. Me and my fiancee want to go camping .

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Tue Oct 8, '13 7:26pm PST 
I like to go camping too. I take my cats to a cat kennel. (no torn screens there and your cats aren't running around loose.) Yep it costs dearly, but your cats WILL be safe.
Before you go extreme camping please get your intact boy cats neutered. This is my opinion, as I saw your post regarding your cats fighting and escaping through a torn screen in another forum entry.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Oct 8 7:26 pm

Cat Health > Can I give my 5.5 week old cat Revolution?

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Tue Oct 8, '13 7:10pm PST 
are you sure she weighs only 4 ounces? that is a newborn kitten weight. A 5 week old kitten should weigh more than that.
Marlin ( I weighed 4 oz when I was born)
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Gemma, Oct 11 10:25 am

Behavior & Training > update there's a small rip in our window screen and felix squeezed out & stray cat

Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Sun Oct 6, '13 8:51am PST 
Felix is in danger - an intact male will roam a large distance to find a willing lady cat.
He is in danger of being hit, by being savaged by a dog,being killed by wildlife, or possibly abused/killed by unfriendly humans.
Please have them both neutered asap!
Good luck
Marlin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Midas, Oct 7 4:19 pm

Behavior & Training > My two male cats born from the same mom, had them for a year. Now there fighting.
Marlin- Purrkins

Purred: Sun Oct 6, '13 8:46am PST 
The only solution would be to keep them separated until you can have them neutered.
Good luck!
Marlin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Oct 6 8:46 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.