Postings by Irma Thomas

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > HELP!!!! Cat spay!! Seriously worrying.
Irma Thomas

Purred: Thu Nov 6, '14 12:25pm PST 
Glad to read it went well. This is the BEST thing to do for your cat, female or male. applausewavecheerdancing

The New Orleans Kittiescat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Irma Thomas, Nov 6 12:25 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > anyone recognize this breed?
Irma Thomas

Purred: Wed Mar 13, '13 1:14pm PST 
Sorry we missed this episode, it sounds interesting. I am going to look on the Animal Planet web site and then on "Cats 101" to see if I can find out the name of the breed.

Just wondering if it being a specific breed, it is behavior that grew up through the generations as a survial skill.

Will let you know what we find out.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, May 13 10:16 pm

Senior Cats > how can people just throw a cat away b/c they are old

Irma Thomas

Purred: Thu Feb 14, '13 9:35am PST 
Noel: Our meomwy cried when she read how you had been left at a shelter. But then cried with happiness to see you have adopted a wonderful person!! We don't know why people dump an animal at a shelter, just because they are old. Pets are not "disposable", we need humans no matter how old we are. Right now there are two black cats in our family, me and my older sisfur Emma Barrett. Emma and her Angel Brother Louis Armstrong adopted our meowmy in May, 2007. They had been dumped outside a vet's office (thank goodness it was a 24/7 ER clinic), and they were only two months old. Meowmy's sister was a good friend of the vet, and meowmy was looking to be adopted by more cats after she lost four in Hurricane Katrina. When she got the call from her sister, her sister said "Oh, by the way they are Black cats"....Meowmy said "I don't care, I just need kitties in my new home." Sadly we lost Louie in April, 2012 to a heart condition. He was six.

Bless your new meowmy and all humans who rescue and/or foster cats (and dogs). We know there will be many, many, cats and dogs who will greet them at the Rainbow Bridge when their work here on Earth is done.

The New Orleans Kitties

P.S. We think the poster who mentioned the "Wal-Mart syndrome" is very right....wavehappy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by â™”Jeepurrs Creepurrsâ™”, Feb 18 7:23 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > A Fluffy Bandage - The Best Kind

Irma Thomas

Purred: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:51am PST 
Our meowmy cried when when she read your post.....OF COURSE you have a "Bandit sized hole in your heart." There is always a hole in your heart when you loose a furbaby. We agree that Tobi WAS sent to you by Bandit, not to take his place, as each cat has its own place in our lives and memories, but to help you heal. And the best part is that you rescued Tobi from being sent to a shelter.......and worse, what could have happened to her there.

We all send purrs and soft paw pats on your loss and our meowmy sends hugs, and we also send WELCOME HOME PURRS to Miss Tobi!!!

The New Orleans Kittieswavelittle angel
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Irma Thomas, Jan 11 9:51 am

Cat Health > Anesthesia Chamber for Calming Cat for Exam

Irma Thomas

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 7:50am PST 
Ok, I just spoke with one of the vet techs at my vets office. She said they have used such a thing, but do NOT call it a "Gas Chamber". Basically what happens they put a cat in a carrier into an "Oxogen Cage", and instead of pumping oxogen, a mild calming gas is pumped. Her suggestion was for you to bring your cat in a "Cat Trap", those long, square traps used to capture ferals. What they do at my vet's office is tilt the trap, and when the cats hindquarters are in the corner, give it a shot to put in into a "Twilight Sleep", and then proceed to the operating room. The tech said this would certainly work for a cat who is scared to be in the vet's office. And it is much easier on the cat, as they can be given a second shot to bring them around to be taken home. Your vet should have such traps available to borrow. I bought one at a place called Harbor Freight Tools and it cost $20.

Good Luck, and please let me know what happens.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Irma Thomas

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 7:44am PST 
Sorry we are late, but HAPPY MEW YEAR to all our furiends on Fake Cats, Feline and Human!! I have been home for two weeks during the Christmas and New Year Holidays, and go back to work on Monday. It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in the greater New Orleans area, cold and sunny. The cats are lined up at the bottom of the sliding doors to the patio, watching 'BIRD TV"....I put out wild bird seed and they watch all the birds come to eat. So far we have had sparrows, two cardinals, one male, one female, and two robins. It is so funny to watch the cats, and hear them "talk" while they are watching.

Best to all the "Fake Cats" and their humans in 2013 !!!

Faye and The New Orleans Kittiescheerwaveway to go
[notify]

» There has since been 31.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

Cat Health > Anesthesia Chamber for Calming Cat for Exam

Irma Thomas

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 7:29am PST 
YIKES....the term "Gas Chamber" sort of scares me. Why not just a shot to calm him down, whatever they use before putting an animal under for surgery, but a lighter dose. Guess what I would call "Twlight Sleep." I am going to call my vet's office and ask them about this, I have never heard of it, but obviously some vets do this, just seem sort of drastic. As soon as I get an answer will post back.

The last tomcat I had neutered, I had to use a "Feral Cat Trap" and put it in the house to get him to the vet. But one he had his surgery he was a different cat.

The New Orleans Kitties

shockshockshock
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

Grooming > My two kittens have dirty, crusty butts!

Irma Thomas

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '12 10:56am PST 
Concats from us also on your new furbabies. You can also use UNSCENTED baby wipes to clean their butts. Are they longhaired? Sometimes this extra fur in "that area" makes it harder to keep clean. If so, you could trim the area with scissors (have someone hold the kitten).

Good luck and welcome to CATSTER!! Keep us posted.

[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Irma Thomas, Oct 11 10:56 am

Kitten Corner > leaving a very clingy kitten home alone to go to work... :(

Irma Thomas

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 9:20am PST 
It is harder now to find alarm clocks that "tick", try either Family Dollar or Dollar General stores, and make sure it is battery operated, find those "tick" louder, and they are inexpensive.

Another thing you could do is leave out some clothing you have worn and not washed as yet. You scent would comfort the kitten also, and while at the Dollar store, pick up an inexpensive, small stuffed animal. Hold it in your arms and get your scent on it also. Put these and the clock into the box or bed where the kitten sleeps. These have worked in the past for me, and have seen others make these suggestions on CATSTER.

Bless you for rescuing a kitten and giving it a home, and yes, REAL MEN LOVE CAND CARE FOR CATS!!! Go Cat Daddy!!!

Keep us posted on your new baby

[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

Behavior & Training > For those of you who have had their cats since they were kittens...
Irma Thomas

Purred: Sat Aug 25, '12 6:26am PST 
Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a cat, and to CATSTER. Someone here is always ready with answers to your questions, advice, and sympathy when a beloved pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

I have had most of mine since they were kittens. As the previous poster said, they basically sort of calm down, but all of mine still get the "Kitten Friskes" and run all over the house (and make me laugh). Every cat has a different personality, as every other person here on CATSTER will tell you. And that is what makes them such great pets, just watching their personalities develop. A Friends Request is on the way to you.

The New Orleans Kittieswavecheer
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Sep 15 9:37 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.