Postings by Colby Jack

GO!

Cat Health > Bald Spot

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Mon May 7, '12 9:59am PST 
Hi everyone,

I am posting on behalf of my friend Colleen. She has a 2 year old cat named Louie that has a weird bald spot above his eye and was wondering if anyone might know what it is. She says that it isn't red, just a tad pink, and it doesn't look like it bothers him but it gets worse every day.

She also said she did just give him Frontline a few weeks ago and was wondering if maybe that caused it.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ou60ig.jpg This is a picture of Louie and his bald spot.

Any ideas? Does it look like something to go to the vet over or something she can help with?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Monster, May 9 2:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Kicking Cat Litter Out of the Box
Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:18am PST 
Good idea, Maizy! Did you find it in the store or online?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Baby Sister, May 1 10:04 am

Other Meows & Purrs > my boyfriend 'hates' cats

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:14pm PST 
My guy also claims to hate cats. He is allergic to them and he claims they do nothing. But he has already nicknamed Colby, plays with him, and talks to him in kitty talk. He's also the only male (besides my dad and brothers) that Colby actually likes. wink
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Calie Dreamette #17, Jun 4 7:00 pm

Cats & Travel > cat tranquilizers and traveling

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:05pm PST 
I travel about 2 hours with Colby about once a month to visit my parents. He meows less than he used to, but still does. I find the best method is sticking him up front with me in his cat carrier, and facing the gate toward me driving. He can see me, and he tends to quiet down if I just set my fingers on the gate so he can rub his face on them if needed.

I also put a towel (with his scent) inside for comfort and a toy just in case he decides to snuggle.

I've had lots of people tell me to use Benadryl but I just can't see myself doing that to my cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chiquitita, May 19 6:28 am

Behavior & Training > Water & sink obsession

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:03pm PST 
Hi Maple - I do the same thing! My Mommy and her family think it's the strangest thing. I just like water! There's a funny video on my page of it in action. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kosuteh, May 24 11:44 am

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 5:56pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestion about the higher sided litter box and the mat, Eko, Bumpurr, and Felix. I thought the one I bought was big at 4 inches but if there are bigger I will have to do some research!

Hi Coopurr! What brand of litter do you buy with crystals? I've been sticking with Cat's Pride since it's the only brand so far that I don't mind the smell of and it clumps pretty well. But I'm open to suggestions.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Baby Sister, May 1 10:04 am

Who's Feeling Silly > Weird habits - Do your cats have any?

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 12:29pm PST 
Colby is obsessed with the bath tub and with water. If I can't find him, he's usually in the tub. He loves water coming out of the faucet, too. It's really quirky! I've got a video on my profile of him. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Loki, Nov 28 9:34 am

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 12:25pm PST 
Hi everyone! New to the community and the forums but was hoping I could get some insight/advice on something that my almost one year old cat keeps doing.

Colby is potty trained and is very good at using his litter box. He has never had an accident or sprayed anywhere besides in it. He also does a good job of covering his business.

However, Colby does TOO good of a job. I have to vacuum the area where the litter box is 3-4 times a week because he kicks cat litter EVERYWHERE!

Any suggestions? My last resort is having to buy a covered litter box, I'm hoping this is just a behavioral thing.

(I've also tried a few different types of cat litters to see if that was the case but doesn't seem to be the issue)

Thanks! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Baby Sister, May 1 10:04 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > New here!

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 12:07pm PST 
Hi Angus! I am new here as well. Hope to meet lots of new friends for Colby!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 3:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.