Postings by Bijoux

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > Mommy thinks I have tapeworms :(
Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Fri Aug 2, '13 8:45pm PST 
Cats actually get tapeworms from consuming fleas, swallowing them during grooming or eating rodents with fleas. The best thing to do is keep them on monthly flea treatment, like advantage. Then treat for tapes when you see the "rice" worms.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bijoux, Aug 2 8:45 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sun Mar 3, '13 12:57pm PST 
Peekaboo hug hug hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19805.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Cat Health > 2.5 year old cat with multiple problems

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Fri Oct 26, '12 4:54pm PST 
Get a low calorie quality cat food and try mixing Fortiflora in it. Its a probiotic that will prevent diarrhea, and cats love the taste. They lick the bowl clean. She needs to lose weight.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bijoux, Oct 26 4:54 pm

Cat Health > Is This True?

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '12 9:02am PST 
No. Rabies is a definite for your own protection! A bat got into my house and my cats were playing with it! And cats need protection from upper respiratory diseases and leukemia. Vaccine sarcomas are pretty rare.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Oct 15 1:18 pm

Cat Health > Dandruff?

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sat Jun 9, '12 9:33am PST 
Yes, there are alot of shed relief liquid supplements full of omega 6 and 3, and make sure it has zinc in it also. Add it to her food and you will see a big difference!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ramsey, Jun 9 2:03 pm

Cat Health > Any thoughts on METACAM would be welcome....
Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sun May 6, '12 9:31am PST 
Lillian, metacam really does destroy kidneys. Adequan is good. I work at a vet, and one vet refuses to give metacam for cats and only gives adequan. Prescripion diets for arthritis really work good, and they won't harm kidneys. Good luck, Lillian!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lillian, May 8 2:07 am

Cat Health > Question about drooling after having 7 teeth pulled?

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sun May 6, '12 9:12am PST 
My brother had 2 bottom canines pulled and a retained root from a broken tooth pulled last month. He drooled for a while, but now he is back to normal. It might take a while to heal with that many teeth pulled, but it should get better.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cesar, May 6 4:35 pm

Senior Cats > Arthritis in old cats...any thoughts on treatment, please?

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Thu May 3, '12 8:08pm PST 
Cosequin is good. You could also ask your vet about precription diet hills j/d or royal canin mobility. I don't know about royal canin, but hills really works for arthritis, no matter how you feel about hills. It is expensive, but works! And it won't damage kidneys.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Maizy , May 10 8:57 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you feed your cats?

Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 8:21pm PST 
Bijoux, Lily, and Polly eat Iams adult with chicken. Percy had to switch to science diet healthy advantage for his teeth. His gums were inflamed and he had a large amount of tartar build-up, and it is working. Jacks and Mortimer, the two old guys, are on prescription diet. Plus, a healthy portion of mice for all.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bijoux, Apr 23 8:21 pm

Cat Health > Advice for Advantagell Flea med
Bijoux

sweetest cat- ever

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 10:14pm PST 
If you think your new cat is under 9 pounds, as it is labeled, then return it absolutely. Overdosing of topical flea medication can be toxic to cats. Have your vet weigh him outside the carrier to get a correct weight. I can't believe they didn't. And frontline has gone off patent, so there are tons of generics now, and they are distributing to walmarts which has affected efficacy. Stick with advantage, its the best on the market right now.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Apr 22 6:51 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.