GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Other Meows & Purrs > The purrfect place to talk about cats!
Emily

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '12 10:11am PST 
Meows and Purrs (http://www.meowsandpurrs.com/forum) - a new cat message board one of my friends started with me - is now on the Internet! Our intent is not to make you all stop posting here, but it is bigger, easier to use, and cuter and has more features than a lot of cat message boards I have seen. So if you want to join any other cat message boards, which would not cause you to stop posting here, you can check out MAP next week. It will be opened for registrations when it is completed.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 10:11 am

Behavior & Training > Drinking from Paw?
Emily

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:32pm PST 
So if I see an old cat playing with water I should worry about it? I hope not.

Back to the topic: Emily stopped drinking that way after she was declawed and purrmanently switched paws after her right leg was infected by an animal bite two years later. (In 1994, I did not know what declawing is. Her time outside was a window accident.) So I know cats will not do it when a paw hurts.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 19 1:13 pm

Emily

Purred: Mon Jun 18, '12 7:04pm PST 
Scooter, what does kidney disease have to do with playing with water? I had 2 cats euthanized for that reason and neither of them ever played with water as they quit drinking it.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 1:13 pm

Emily

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 11:09am PST 
Emily drank from her paw most of her life. I know some other cats do that too and it is called "being silly." There are two causes I know about:

1. She hates the taste of water.
2. She wants to make sure water is there.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 1:13 pm

Senior Cats > Distressed and torn...

Emily

Purred: Thu Jun 7, '12 11:33am PST 
After my first cat died people told me euthanasia was "the hardest decision." Actually, that was NOT true. I knew the last time I saw her at home nothing I could do for her would make more sense. But when Wilbur was sick, it was very hard because of the timing: one week before moving to Florida, when I already was feeling a lot of stress. However, because I was given the chance to think and talk about it the second time, it was much easier to accept losing Wilbur than losing Emily.

The lesson here is the decision will be less difficult ("easier" is the wrong word here) if you DON'T think about it, but just wait until the cat's quality if life is gone, because at that point, the cat makes the decision for you to end its misery.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jun 22 10:31 am

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats
Emily

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:56pm PST 
I like Koko for a black cat, but the name would be purrfect for a rumpy Manx. Koko said she wanted a tailless cat because she had no tail.
[notify]

» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats

Emily

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 6:27pm PST 
How do your cats get their names? Do you change names? Who names them?

Here are mine:

Emily: I wanted to choose the name before the cat so I picked girl name I like. It is unusual for a cat.
Patricia: Dad suggested Pat the Cat. My sister did not like that idea, so she said the full girl's name.
Wilbur: He came with this name and I love it. I do not know why the shelter picked that one, but who cares?
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Who's Feeling Silly > Weird habits - Do your cats have any?

Emily

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '12 3:44pm PST 
Belle, conCATulations on your new kitty! big grin

Emily had a thing for boxes. She tried to get in a shoebox and Pepsi box. One picture I have of her is lying in the lid of a Pictionary box. She looked too squished to be comfortable in there.

But the king of box-loving cats is a Scottish Fold (with straight ears) named Maru. His Japanese parents love posting videos of him online.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Nov 28 9:34 am

American Shorthair > Confusion about fur coats

Emily

Purred: Tue May 15, '12 3:09pm PST 
My first two cats were not littermates, but their coat texture, weight, and shape were the same. Patricia has never had a problem with shedding excessively, but all year round Emily shed profusely. Sometimes I would see a big clump of fur on my hand while petting her. Emily also had a chronic vomiting habit that I never figured out, but it was not always hairballs. How could one of my cats shed a lot more than another with the same fur coat type?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 15 3:09 pm

American Shorthair > Is there such thing as American long hair?
Emily

Purred: Tue May 15, '12 2:50pm PST 
You definitely have a longhaired cat.

No breed is called an American longhair. If a cat has many American shorthair features, it may not be any breed at all.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 15 2:50 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.