Postings by Wilbur

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Service Cats
Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 10:07pm PST 
Why do you think the ADA no longer accepts cats as service animals, but there is no ban on using them in your state? Federal law trumps state law every day and the ADA makes no exceptions for its nationwide power.

I see no reason not to use cats as psychiatric assistants for people who need them or hearing ears for deaf people. Obviously, certain breeds must be used. But the same is true with dogs. I wish there was a program for cats to do it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Aug 28 10:07 pm

Cat Health > Gum Disease
Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Sat Aug 11, '12 9:28pm PST 
Cats should never eat kibble anyway, so being able to eat is not a problem.

Your cat probably will not want to eat - remember people don't eat after they have dental surgery - for several hours at least. That is OK, but you need to make sure your kitty eats at least one meal.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Aug 11 9:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best canned cat food

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 5:23pm PST 
I know several good ones are out there. Is one better than the rest?
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Jul 25 10:35 pm

Raw Food Diet > Bone content

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 8:38am PST 
Olivia, that was not a problemn for Wilbur and Patricia because they ate both wet and dry food made commercially for vets, not raw rabbits. So I had no way of knowing how much taurine they were getting from rodents with long ears.

What is the best animal for a domestic cat to eat?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Jun 15 5:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > Bone content

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Wed Jun 6, '12 1:22pm PST 
Is it bad to only feed rabbit? When I had Wilbur he had to eat rabbit all the time because of allergies He was already overweight so I could not tell if it made a difference whether he ate chicken or rabbit nutritionally.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 15 5:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > Whiskers
Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Wed Jun 6, '12 1:15pm PST 
I volunteered at a local animal shelter the last eight years. One of the cats had no whiskers. It was the first time I had ever seen that. The residents at that shelter eat dry Science Diet so it definitely is NOT related to raw food being made wrong.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Jun 6 1:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > Study comparing cost of raw to canned / kibble

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Tue Jun 5, '12 7:57am PST 
My thinking about feline diets is evolutionary. First I believed the myth dry food is better for their teeth (it sure looks like they are chewing kibbles). After my last vet explained cats don't really chew their food, I continued to feed dry food while adding canned food, switching both cats from Science Diet to Blue Buffalo for a healthier recipe. However, the 2007 pet food recall was a huge wake-up call that what we buy at pet stores is not good enough for our cats. So while buying d/d rabbit and pea (Hill's dry, Royal Canin wet) from a dermatologist who treated Wilbur for many allergies, I started wondering if I should cook for my next kitten instead of buy something off the shelf.

The answer: Until somebody makes grain-free wet food with everything and only things cats need, home cooking is the way to go, whether it is more expensive or not. But is there any commercially available wet food to spare me the time it takes to cook for my cats? I assumed there is not.

So after years of believing cats must eat what I can buy at Petco or Petsmart (even if it is not purrfect) I am beginning to think it is important to learn about feeding raw food to cats, even if for no other reason but to learn more about feline nutrition. How do you find an uncooked rabbit to buy, anyway? To gain a better understanding of feline dietary needs I think the best place to start is a forum for people who feed raw food to their cats. Maybe someday, I actually will buy a raw mouse or rabbit, even if I end up cooking it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Jun 5 7:57 am

Who's Feeling Silly > Weird habits - Do your cats have any?

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '12 5:52pm PST 
Lizzie, Wilbur also thought shoelaces were toys. While I tied my shoes he sat next to my left foot and batted the string while I tied it, not caring at all another shoelace was on my right foot because that one was not moving. But he also played with them when I was NOT wearing my shoes, so go figure.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Loki, Nov 28 9:34 am

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Mon Jun 4, '12 4:02pm PST 
Do Bumpurr, Cowboy, and Cruiser live together?

I thought about changing Wilbur's name to Brunell for a former Jaguars QB (my favorite player at the time), but my dad said I would have to explain it to a bunch of people because I lived closest to the Bengals. Someday I will name a cat after another Jaghuars player. Yes, Jacksonville is my favorite NFL team.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Who's Feeling Silly > Weird habits - Do your cats have any?
Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:52pm PST 
Stanley, Wilbur loved to knock things off the table like pens and Mom's watch when she was reading a book there.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Loki, Nov 28 9:34 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.