Postings by Hero

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > a kitty friend's back legs aren't working, advice????
Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu Aug 8, '13 3:05pm PST 
Oh, well he isn't a kitten. In fact, he's nine. Sorry about the high way robbery bit; but me personally I would pay if it wasn't Banfield. They tend to be all money first and animal health second. At least in my experience. I thought about the rescue group thing, but I'm sure given the fact that he's nine, that doesn't seem like a very good option. I could see the trauma thing though; that's the exact reason I don't let my kitty outside! I mean we live in a city for petes sake! :-S

-Hero's Mom
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucy Liu, Aug 8 4:59 pm

Cat Health > a kitty friend's back legs aren't working, advice????
Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Wed Aug 7, '13 9:15pm PST 
My kitty friend Nanook (a friends cat? suddenly is unable to walk on his back legs. He appears to be dragging them behind him and this kitty has never had any issues that I can see with his back legs. You can see video footage here: http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/hvideo-ak-frc3/v/1065111_10201280743435895 _311215314_n.mp4?oh=d5198745e3614cc13e1d5dfc41b73ee7&oe=5205820E&__g da__=1376104412_dafb1b9284392c80f96a5039a35d270e

anyways, Nanook went to Banfield and they were of course unable to say what's wrong with him without my friend paying $350.00 for a,bunch of test to confirm what's wrong and his owner just recently lost their job to boot. I know Nanook is indoor/outdoor kitty (i don't approve of that, but whatever) and anything could of caused this. But i want some idea of what's going on for Nanook's sake and his owner can effectively treat the issue without being robbed blind. Please help!

thanks alot!
- Hero's Mom
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucy Liu, Aug 8 4:59 pm

Catster Railroad > Any recommendations for pet van transport for cats & dogs?

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Sun Mar 31, '13 7:31pm PST 
Hi,

my cousin's patches (cat) and brownie (dog) need the to get a ride from Seattle to Philadelphia to be with they're mommy (my aunt) who's relocated for work. My aunt is look to use a pet transport company and my mom is trying to help her find a company that would drive them there safely. Has any of my fur friends used a pet transport/van company they would recommend? Brownie is the oldest at 13yrs and can not fly and needs extra care. If any anyone knows of anything, that would be pawtastic!

Thanks,
Hero cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Petunia, Aug 13 7:33 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Fleas and vacuuming; will it ever end?

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '12 7:27pm PST 
So, that's kind of my question. My DH went to a doggy-daycare to visit a friend that works there and brought home fleas. He failed to mention to me until this last Thursday and since Friday I have done: Bathed cat (Hero) w/flea shampoo, applied some some of flea spray on him, applied flea spot treatment from vet (revolution), boarded Hero for a day, and severely cleaned house with flea powders and vacuuming. I have been vacuuming for three days now, I haven't seen any more fleas in the house or Hero, when can I give it rest? Will I have to keep this up for one or three months? I was pretty proactive as I could be to solve it but I feel like fleas survive toxic meltdown! Any thought? Or words of hope? I am so exhausted!

-Hero's Mom
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kisu , Sep 17 12:15 pm

Kitten Corner > How far do Mother cat's move their babies?

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 1:33pm PST 
Good news! This story has a happy ending! Mom and kitten's have been put in foster care with my non-profit group after finding thing this morning. The kitten's will be getting homes and are quite precious!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by RW Angel Kenji Muto DB #101b, Aug 10 5:47 pm

Kitten Corner > How far do Mother cat's move their babies?
Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 1:00pm PST 
Hello,

I ask because there WAS a mother and her two week old kittens (well at they looked that old) living under one of the stairwells in my building. I had seen all them on Monday as I was leaving and then the mother saw me when I got back and I am certain had a melt down about. Today, I went to move all of the box's the construction crew left behind and poof! No Mama and no kittens! I looked through out our entire ENCLOSED SECURED building and can't find them!

I already has worked with my non-profit shelter to place them in foster care but I just wasn't quick enough. And I didn't have the time or the heart to move the kittens out the stairwell when I had the chance. I am really hitting myself over the head for this one because I am typically put my needs second and a furry friends needs first.

Anyways, I was also wondering if I put a new clean box w/bedding in it, that maybe she might come back with the kittens? I was thinking of putting out food too. The conditions of the stairwell has changed since she's been there; I had to sweep up broken glass and what not.

But if some one could give my an idea of far the mothers typically move their young, that would help.

Thanks,
Hero's Mom
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by RW Angel Kenji Muto DB #101b, Aug 10 5:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Hero is on a hunger strike over Weruva; extremely frusterated!

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 8:10pm PST 
So, Hero got six cans of Weruva for his birthday (He just turned 5!) as part of birthday packed that was sent to him. I don't buy Weruva because I personally cannot afford it but I thought "what the heck, he'll eat those cans just the once and no big deal." OH BOY WAS I WRONG! After all the can's were gone he wouldn't go back to eating his regular canned food. He's been on a hunger strike for three days and only takes occasional bites of his food. What should I do to break up this hunger strike???? I'm at my wits end! Help!

Hero's Mommy confused
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mimi (MimiWowow), Jun 2 2:22 am

Cat Health > I have mild gingivitis, any suggestions?

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Sat Apr 14, '12 1:23pm PST 
I went in for a dental cleaning last weekend and the doc said I have mild gingivitis. I'm not sure what else to; I get regular dental cleanings, tooth brushing's every day, dental treats, and even chicken gizzards! Is there any thing else I could have my mommy do to help me cut down on the gingivitis or am I doing everything I can?

Thank you!

purrs,

Hero cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Apr 19 7:23 pm

Cat Health > Help with brushing kittys teeth; its a disaster!

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 12:21pm PST 
My kitty Hero is a NIGHTMARE to brush his teath. I just started about two weeks ago brush his teath every night after dinner. But, I practically have to hold him down between my thighs just to get him to sit still. He does not like it or want anything to do with it and he doesn't even like the toothpaste it's self, but other cat eats it straight out of the tube. I get scratched and hissed at over this and its turned into a daily battle with him. I do give him treats after and its still a battle. So, my question is does it ever get better over time? Do kittys ever get to a point where they tolerate it? Any encouragement or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Hero's Mommy
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Mar 1 5:18 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Cat Roleplay
Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 12:06pm PST 
*struts in with kinky tail up in the air* Hello! My brother Jeckel and I are new kittys here! *sniffs everyone out* Nice to meet you! cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 17 9:11 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.