Postings by Kessie

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > paper-eating
Kessie

Ooh where are we- going now?

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 11:15am PST 
I have a habit of chewing on papers. My mom is starting to worry as it is becoming more frequent. I have done this for years though, chewed on her high school essays, chew on the edges of her homework.

Mom wants to know what the heck is going on with me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Dec 6 2:59 pm

Cat Health > Are pregnant cats super affectionate?
Kessie

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '12 8:42am PST 
My person has been volunteering with other cats at the local humane society. She had the experience of being loved on and cuddled by a pregnant cat.
I'm not too pleased about this development... but is it true that pregnant cats are extra affectionate? My person is wondering if this lovely vocal, cuddly cat will be the same after her babies are born, weaned and she returns to the shelter herself.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Aug 3 8:57 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Burlington Humane Society in Ontario

Kessie

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '12 2:50pm PST 
I volunteer there bi-weekly and we are completely full of kittens (and lovely adult cats too!)
It's at the point that a couple litters have been put in dog kennels.

I'm not sure if anyone here is in the market for more kitties but I thought I'd post anyways in case anyone is interested.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kessie, Jul 22 2:50 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > 3 Males?

Kessie

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '12 10:57am PST 
Hello,
My person has found in her volunteering, catsitting and cat-loving that the sex of the cat does not matter very much if the cat is fixed. People tell her that Violet and I shouldn't be able to get along at all or that we must not be friendly because we're girls. We all think that is ridiculous.
I find purrsonality varies between all cats regardless of sex. I don't think 3 neutered males would be a problem. As long as it's a nice slow introduction.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jul 24 11:04 pm

Cat of the Day & Week > Wow! I'm cat of the day!

Kessie

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 12:23pm PST 
cloud 9

Well this is a surprise. An old lady cat like me being chosen as cat of the day! (Although around these parts I am the baby... or was the baby as Violet probably remembers I must remind my human to post my kitten pictures at some point)
Thanks for making me cat of the day!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Apr 29 9:50 pm

Cat Health > How to educate parents about declawing
Kessie

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 8:48am PST 
Hi,
I am unfortuantely a declawed cat. My mama got me when she was 12. (I was not her first cat)... All she knew was I was going to be spayed - I came back declawed and limping. She was appropriately horrified and asked her parents why repeatedly. All they cared about was their furniture. But I never scratched any of it... even as a baby. I still limp nearly 12 years later.
Both old lady cats living with my parents are declawed. I did not want this done to either cat. But as a child I was not consulted. Our first cat (an indoor/outdoor) was NOT declawed and there were NEVER any problems. So I still do not understand why my parents did it. Other than to assume the vet offered it as a "burger and fries" style combo with the spays.
There has been talk of kittens lately.
Due to unfortunate circumstances I was forced to return to my parents house.
Is there any way to nicely inform my parents that any future cat will NOT be declawed? Or win them over? I tried educating my mom a few years back and she just got mad and yelled at me for accusing her of doing something cruel to the cats and then claimed they were both fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 5 4:02 pm

Kitten Corner > Cat deprived -what to do

Kessie

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 2:37pm PST 
Just to clarify the roommate is just a roommate NOT my partner.

And our arrangement is temporary and the lease is up in May. Still sorely tempted to get a kitty...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kessie, Feb 23 2:37 pm

Kessie

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '12 8:58pm PST 
We actually talked seriously about fostering cats early on as roommates (before the million excuses). But he didn't want to get attached and "stuck with a cat". I was asked to foster not that long ago by a volunteer... and the "attached and stuck" retort was given followed by newly invented allergies..

I am considering volunteering though (As I search online for a new place to live ..lol), I am in teacher's college and my schedule is busy with my placement coming up in a couple weeks I won't have much time to go out and volunteer.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kessie, Feb 23 2:37 pm

Kessie

Purred: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:37pm PST 
Thanks, I think I am going to keep trying to get out of my lease... and put a hold *if possible* on the 7 month old kitty...
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kessie, Feb 23 2:37 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Another Newbie
Kessie

Purred: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:40pm PST 
Thanks, 4.5 years of mostly cat-less-ness is too much. Way too much.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kessie, Feb 17 8:40 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.