GO!

Get Well Soon > Fiona got spayed yesterday...

Fiona

Purred: Mon Jan 30, '12 12:38am PST 
Fiona is doing a lot better! She stopped vomiting and is eating like her usual self. She even started jumping around and playing. She bounced back pretty good but this morning...I noticed she removed 2 of her stitches!! But her incision site looks ok to me, it's not bleeding but just a little redness. The vet came me antibiotics but not an e-collar. I asked the vet for a collar and she said no no no she doesn't need it, she won't touch the site too much. Yea right!!
Anyway, I called the vet this morning and told her what happened. I'm bringing her back in about an hour. I know she might have to get stitched up again, but I just don't want her sedated again. I feel so bad for her, she's been through enough already!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 10:04 pm

Get Well Soon > Fiona got spayed yesterday...
Fiona

Purred: Sat Jan 28, '12 1:13am PST 
My little Fiona got spayed yesterday. The veterinarian said she will only take out her ovaries and not her uterus. I've never heard of this before but she said it's a less invasive procedure. Fiona got her relaxant while me and my fiance were still at the vet. She didn't even meow when they gave her the needle, I was so surprised! We left the vet around 10am and then around 1:30pm the vet said we can pick her up. She was still under anesthesia when we got there. I was very surprised we were allowed to take her home so early. So we got home and I immediately placed her on her comfy blanket. She woke up 20 minutes later and was walking around all loopy and disoriented. She walked around for about an hour or so, I tried so hard to direct her back to her blanket but she was not having it. She vomited 2 times within that hour. Finally she fell asleep, waking up here and there, and vomited again.
Overnight I set up her "area" in our hallway. I only left fresh water out for her. My hallway was the best place for her, no places to jump and she has a lot of room to walk around if she felt like it.
When I woke up this morning, I noticed she vomited again overnight. I offered her some food (and in the food I crushed up her antibiotic medication) and water...she didn't drink any water and the second she smelled her food, she vomited again. Now she's sleeping and just resting.
I'm getting kind of worried because she hasn't eaten anything since her "last" meal before surgery and she needs to take her antibiotics. It hasn't been 24 hours since her anesthesia and I know it takes at least 24 hours for kitties to come back to "normal". I will try to offer her some more food when she wakes up.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 10:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.