Postings by Patricia

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Senior Cats > Keeping an old kitty healthy
Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Sun Jan 29, '12 2:16pm PST 
Sunshine: You got Emily and Patricia mixed up. Emily was my first cat. She lived only 12 years.

After reading Emily's last vet bill - $594.50 - I decided the next cat will get health insurance. Of course, that was assuming my next cat is going to be a kitten.

Now Mom says we definitely are NOT getting a kitten, so I have to hope he or she does not need health insurance.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Apr 15 8:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is this a bad idea?
Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '12 9:28pm PST 
Ryder, the reason I always hated cremation is body being gone makes me think of the September 11, 2001 plane crashes. I don't want my cats to look like they were on Flight 93, where nobody would even know a plane crashed if there had been no witnesses because of how badly everything broke up.

Emily and Wilbur went to a pet cemetery that is off-limits to visitors and don't have their own makred graves. It took three years to realize there is nothing wrong with having a plaque on the wall instead of her body under an engraved stone.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, Feb 8 4:38 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is this a bad idea?

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 4:51pm PST 
I am a strong opponent of cremation, but I rent and do not have a place to bury Patricia when her time comes.

Recently I got an idea: buy a planter box made of pine wood (because she used to eat eastern white pine trees we had for Christmas) and put some blankets, her body, soil, catnip, and flowers in it and add a nameplate to one side. The idea is if I do that, I will not have to bury her body far from home where I will never see the grave and can take it with me from one home to another when I move again.

Does this idea look creepy and disgusting? Could there be a problem with burying her this way and moving her? Do other people do this? I just don't want the plan to backfire after I execute it.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, Feb 8 4:38 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Future kitties and Current kitties!

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 5:18pm PST 
I have only had two American shorthairs and a moggie (apparently manx, Japanese bobtail, and something else). My favorite of the three was my moggie, Wilbur. His purrsonality was similar to Emily's, but she never liked him. Despite being the same breed, Patricia has a very different purrsonality, so I can only meow about the breed's physical traits.

If you want to pet the world's softest fur, look for an ASH. They have it and will purr when petted. I also love the size, shape, and colors. Except for pointed patterns, they can be any color or color pattern. I had a tuxedo and still have a brown/white tabby. Someday I want to get an American tortoiseshell.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jan 12 5:18 pm

Bengal > Is a Bengal good with an American shorthair?

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 2:18pm PST 
While looking for old cats in my city to adopt I found a purebred Bengal. Patricia is an American shorthair - also purebred. Do you think being different breeds can create a challenge in making them friends if I adopt a Bengal? I have had a mutt before, but Wilbur was not a Bengal mix.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jan 12 2:18 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > My cat needs a furry friend
Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 2:12pm PST 
This is the hard part: Emily was only 12 when she had to be euthanized in 2006, so the idea of adopting a 10-year old cat scares me a little. I hate the thought of possibly having a cat only two years. Of course, because Patricia is still healthy at age 15, I also think I should not worry about my next cat being 10 years old. It is hard to decide if I really want a 10-year old cat.

Why age 10? Because I found a cat that old online who likes other cats and children (according to www.petfinder.com). But I cannot get enough information about him on the humane society website, so I must see him at the shelter if I want a 10-year old cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jan 12 2:12 pm

Cat Health > Black whisker?

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 6:57pm PST 
Just wondering, why would this happen? Patricia has no black whiskers, but there now is black around some of the whisker follicles. That area used to be all white. Most of it is still white. The color change also is around her butt holes and on both sides of her nose. Is this weird?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nandi, Jan 13 1:58 pm

Cat Health > Fur loss and color changes

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 6:48pm PST 
When I moved from Ohio to Florida by car on December 8 and 9, Patricia was healthy, but naturally very scared as expected. After we (me, Mom, and Patty) settled in, I started noticing two weird symptoms:

Symmetrical fur loss around her eyes.
Nearly symmetrical color changes on her face and butt.

I knew stress can cause fur loss, but color changes? I had no idea that could happen. The symmetry also was a surprise. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Yes, of course I know to take her to a vet, but now we don't have one or the time to take her there. I wanted to know how long I can put off an appointment for her.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tink the Cat, Jan 12 12:10 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Playing With Toilets

Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Tue Jan 10, '12 8:14pm PST 
I always wondered why some cats like toilet water better than water in the sink. What's the difference?

One thing I do know: Toilet paper makes a good toy for some cats. Move it left and right under the bathroom door when the cat is on the other side. More than 99% of the time you should lose it!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Fluff, Jan 20 10:35 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Cat jokes!
Patricia

The Purr Machine

Purred: Tue Jan 10, '12 7:45pm PST 
Here is a joke my younger told me about our first cat:

"Emily is good at math. Emily, what is zero plus zero? See, she said nothing!"

Emily was born the second week of March, so I liked to call her "queen of all catfish" because it meant she was a Pisces (fish).
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 17 9:21 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.