Postings by Gigi

GO!

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade relaxation sprays?

Gigi

Drama Queen

Purred: Thu Jan 5, '12 10:55pm PST 
I'm sorry I think I didn't express myself correctly. I DO NOT use any kind of essential oil in my house.
I DO use the fresh leaves mixed with some water. According to the vet lemongrass is 100% safe for cats. I don't know if there are any cases of poisoning or health problems caused by it, if someone knows please let me know because i'm using it quite offen and planted it in my yard.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Jan 7 3:39 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade relaxation sprays?
Gigi

Drama Queen

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 7:15pm PST 
I don't know about home made relaxation sprays, and never tried to make one before, but I read once that lemongrass is a natural calmant and it has been succesfully used in cats.
We use lemongrass scent in our new home and it seems to make our stressed cat less anxious.
If it not work you can try buy a pheromone spray such as Feliway, it is really helpfull when introducing a new cat and altough it is not 100% natural the vet said is really safe to use.
Hope everything goes well with the cats =)
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Jan 7 3:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.