Postings by Benson - DB #178

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Sun May 18, '14 1:35pm PST 
Purring for you Smithwick! We hope you will be well.

Purring for all sick kitties and their families - purrrrr!
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Felix, Thu 4:08 pm

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Fri Oct 25, '13 7:15pm PST 
Purring for all sick kitties and sending hugs to their families. hug hug hug
[notify]

» There has since been 150 posts. Last posting by Felix, Thu 4:08 pm

Cat Health > Female Pees Standing Up, help!

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Sun Oct 13, '13 6:23am PST 
Me and my sister Pounce like to stand up and pee in our box - it's called spraying and is normal for "some" cats to do. We have both had urinary issues, but we do this even when we are fine. It can happen when we are excited and like to mark our territory. It is very frustrating and trying to deal with.

We use a large storage tote, but had to cut a door out for some of us to get in, and Pounce will stick her bum right at the door and pee on the floor. We sometimes us doggy pee pads under and around the boxes. We also have some regular low boxes on tile, and usually we do okay with them. It seems the higher the box, the higher we stand. We also use the pans kept in dog crates under boxes, in case we go over the edge.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pounce, Oct 14 11:43 am

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 1:29pm PST 
Sending loud purrs and hugs to everyfur in need hughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 249 posts. Last posting by Felix, Thu 4:08 pm

Senior Cats > Shadow crossed the bridge today......

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 1:26pm PST 
So sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathies to you. Remember the special times with Shadow.

hughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Aug 27 11:25 am

Food & Nutrition > Canned food for constipated (fat) cat?
Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Sun Apr 1, '12 1:03pm PST 
We use Miralax for 5 constipated kitties. It's tasteless and odorless, and mixes well with canned food. We add up to 1/4 tsp. twice daily, but usually less than that does the trick. We haven't found any canned food to be enough help without adding a laxative.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Apr 1 5:38 pm

Cat Health > Amitriptyline?

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 1:42pm PST 
For inappropriate urination we found Prozac (fluoxetine) to be the magic drug. We tried at least five other medications. Prozac has the least amount of side effects for Benson (lack of appetite/sleeps more). He also has hyperesthesia syndrome and this also controls that. He started out on 1/2 pill and now only takes 1/8 pill daily.

Dexter who is 18 years old take 1/4 pill amitryptyline daily to help control pain associated with IBD/pancreatitis. He has no side effects and it really is working well for him. Most of my cats that have tried amitryptyline have had adverse side effects (drowsiness, loss of personality, etc.)

It affects each cat differently. Good luck! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BooBear Moceri, Apr 30 9:47 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Cats Pride - Fresh & Light litter

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 6:59am PST 
The "Fresh & Light" version of Cat's Pride is much improved from their other varieties. Not much dust and clumps ok (and being "lighter" is a bonus). They make one with fragrance and one without. We recently experimented with about 5 different litters. My cats are fine with Fresh & Light Cat's Pride or Elsey's Precious Cat.

I would recommend trying this.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Benson - DB #178, Mar 12 6:59 am

Food & Nutrition > Hunger Strike- Need Grain-Free Food Recs for Finicky Cats!

Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:50am PST 
Our picky kitties also like By Nature 95% Beef & Liver, (only the not-so-picky ones will eat the Turkey). We order it from PetFlow because we can't find it locally. Natural Balance pouches and Simply Nourish Chicken or Chicken & Duck Stew are also a hit with the fussy ones. I feed them something different each day, as that keeps them eating better.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Mar 2 5:57 pm

Cat Health > Oral Heartworm Preventative Choices?
Benson - DB #178

I have 23 toes!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 6:12pm PST 
I won't eat Heartgard pills, so my vet told my mom I can have Ivomec (Ivermectin 1% sterile solution). You can order it online or buy it at Farm & Fleet. It's the same ingredient that's in HG and a lot cheaper with multiple kitties. We draw it out with a needle/syringe and mix with water because it's such a tiny amount that's needed. We add it to my canned food once a month (we skip in winter cause it's cold here).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Carrot, Jan 31 5:02 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.