GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > Dehydrated Organs
Munchkin

Always up to- some kind of- mischief...

Purred: Thu May 24, '12 2:03pm PST 
If it's dehydrated, make sure your cats have access to fresh water at all times. The problem with dried foods is that cats don't get much water out of it and it can be hard on the kidneys. you probably already know this, but I'm just sayin'.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 24 2:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive cat sibling
Munchkin

Purred: Thu May 17, '12 10:51am PST 
Thank you for your response. smile

What we think happened was a case of 'cabin fever'. They were accidentally locked in a room together (the wind blew and shut the door) and probably got stressed out.

Most of the growling I've heard happens when I try to trim Munchkin's claws, MOL!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 17 10:51 am

Raw Food Diet > Ideas for a VERY Picky Eater?

Munchkin

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:39am PST 
How much do you give your cat at once? I know that Munchkin gets a little too enthusiastic sometimes, especially with chicken heart and liver, so if we give her more than a table spoon of the mix at once, she will regurgitate it from eating too fast. The problem went away by giving her smaller portions at a time. Cats are meant to eat 8-10 small meals per day.

Other than that, I don't know... Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 4:49 pm

Cat Health > How to educate parents about declawing

Munchkin

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 9:36pm PST 
Show them what declawing really is. I wanted to get my first cat declawed until I was shown what it really was. I was HORRIFIED. Some vets will claim their technique is safer and painless (lol), but don't be fooled. They're just trying to get your money. Tell them about the complications, like permanent limping, infection... If that's not enough for them, then, they're truly heartless.

Munchkin has never ever destroyed our furniture. Our vet strongly recommended against declawing since she has a tendency to bite, so it would only make it worse. Declawing is, IMO, a selfish procedure that only benefits the owner.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 5 4:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Cell Phones and cats

Munchkin

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 9:16pm PST 
You might want to see a vet for that... Worth investigating for sure!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 1 7:39 am

Raw Food Diet > butcher was mean, mean butcher :((
Munchkin

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 11:03am PST 
My Mamma is lucky, there is a pet store that sells frozen raw meat (human grade too!) by the half pound and pound around our home. So much better than the dry kibble! And she told me the people working there are awesome.

Tell your Mamma to put you on grain-free wet food if she can't get decent raw meat. Mine has seen grain-free options at 'mainstream' pet stores.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 4:33 pm

Raw Food Diet > Study comparing cost of raw to canned / kibble

Munchkin

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 10:57am PST 
Raw is awesome. Sure it's a bit more expensive, but you're saving SO much on vet bills in the future.

My favourite is rabbit (with organs). I'm a picky eater... My Mamma tried feeding me a mix of beef and rabbit but I can't be fooled!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 5 7:57 am

Raw Food Diet > Where to start?

Munchkin

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 7:26am PST 
Thanks, guys! That helps quite a bit. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 24 8:15 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Poll - Would you buy a glow in the dark kitty?

Munchkin

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '11 9:39am PST 
I didn't read the article. What a pointless experiment. How do we know cats don't suffer through this?

So no, I would not buy a glow-in-the-dark kitty. I don't "buy" pets, but that's for another thread...

EDIT: Okay, FIV/HIV research. Got it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 9:39 am

Cat Health > skin problem
Munchkin

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '11 9:20am PST 
Chaning vets is probably your best bet. My owners were getting screwed over by a vet who only wanted their money. They went some other place, and not only was the vet nicer, but I didn't hiss and growl as much as I usually do! They said they would investigate more about a certain problem rather than just prescribe stuff without even being sure what it was.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 9:20 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.