Postings by Ben, Angel Dreamboat,#39-1987-

GO!

Senior Cats > Momma's Kind of Nervous

Ben, Angel- Dreamboat,#3- 9-1987-

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:49am PST 
I had a long haired cat and got furminator. I love it. It gets so much fur out. You still need to stay onto of the grooming. I would put Ben between my legs and allow his legs be free so he didn't feel held down. You can use this furminator only on their backs. Their tummies are more sensitive. Groom as much as you can and let them go when have had enough. Try it again later. You want it to be a pleasurable experience and not a war between you and them. Ben, my Maine Coon, never had mats. good luck
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ben, Angel Dreamboat,#39-1987-, Sep 9 5:49 am

Food & Nutrition > Treats for Cats with frequent Urinary tract infections & crystals?

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 8:47am PST 
I gave Ben freeze dried salmon which he loved. He also liked his catnip or real food such as chicken or pieces of shrimp. Treats should be given sparingly. I can understand your problem since Ben blocked twice. I caught both times in plenty of time. Ben was a housecat since I could see quickly what was happening even though he was my first. I nearly lost him as a kitten when he wasn't weaned and not eating those first two days. All of my cats love real chicken but make sure that it has no onion flavoring or garlic in it....
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Pickles, Aug 14 11:17 am

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism & Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Purred: Tue Apr 17, '12 6:52am PST 
The time will pass by and before you know, Callie will be home. I kept busy when Ben was gone.
I got reports from Angell's too about how he was doing. He hated being there but it was much better than pilling him every day. When I pilled him, our relationship was stressed. I had to pill him until he got his radiation appointment. It took six weeks for an appointment and it was unbearable. Things returned to normal when he came home. Believe it or not, when he got diabetes years later, giving him shots was easier than pilling. He actually came into the kitchen for his shot. The treatment is so effective and 99% curable. Relax and know that she will be home soon...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Callie, Apr 25 9:28 am

Senior Cats > Hyperthyroidism for my Rambo

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 2:31am PST 
My Ben had it at eleven. He got the radiation treatment which is about 98% effective. Ben was hard to pill so I have little option besides I figured a dollar a day for the pill and for three years plus, the radiation would have cheaper and easier. He was placed on a waiting list for four weeks at Angell's Hospital in Boston.
He was in there for two weeks because they have to collect his radiated poop. The radiation takes no time and they said painless. He did fine with the treatment. Natasha growled at him when he came home but it took no time for things to resume as they were. I would do it again with any cat....Ben was an early diagnosis. When he lost any weight, it was because of an illness. He did love his food....Ben was given his wings when he was sixteen from cancer.....He was my Maine Coon and a big boy who guarded our home..
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 2:20 pm

Kitten Corner > shy shy shy and am I a mix maine coon?

Purred: Tue Jan 10, '12 8:23pm PST 
You look like me too.....I was a Maine Coon mix and found at the pound after my mom cat had me there. I was the runt and grew up very large. We have beautiful tails.....
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Swiffer, Jan 20 3:42 pm

Kitten Corner > The runt of the litter, going to be a runt for life?

Purred: Sun Dec 25, '11 7:41pm PST 
Runts don't stay that way for long....We do catch up. I was the runt and had a very little tale. The vet told my mistress that I would not get big.....Well, I became a very large Maine Coon cat with the longest tail that you have ever seen.....I lived until I was sixteen years old....not bad for a runt who had to be wean by his mistress. I nearly died because I was so small and not weaned. She saved my life by rushing me to the vet.
Runts do grow.......Ben, G.A.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Toast, Jan 8 10:19 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.