Postings by Fry

GO!

Cat Health > pellet sized poops - not in box

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 5:29am PST 
I will try yogurt for the time being and see if he likes pumpkin over the weekend (need to de-frost it to make pies next week anyway!).

Suggestions on the LOWEST priced good food? smile Is Purina One Beyond any better than Iams Healthy Naturals?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Nov 20 7:52 am

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 5:26am PST 
They do get wet, but not a lot. We use it as a treat.
He also drinks water. He loves water. I sometimes wonder if he's part dog.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Nov 20 7:52 am

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 5:14am PST 
I wouldn't call this constipation - his stools have been wet wet wet up until like 2 days ago. (We got him a couple of months back with no info on what he was eating before - its been a long transition for his tummy frown )

They did change the formula though! We got a bag with small chunks that they seemed to like even better, and then a bag with the old larger chunks but a label saying the formula changed. I don't know what they're up to. We do feed them the Iams Healthy Naturals (slightly better than the regular Iams). I can't seem to find another bag with the new packaging and the smaller chunks.

I read that the gas can be related to the carbs in the food, so I am looking at other brands. He seems to have a sensitive stomach - even changing the flavor of wet "treats" seems to bother him where the girl couldn't care less.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Nov 20 7:52 am

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Wed Nov 16, '11 11:10am PST 
One of our cats has been leaving small pellet sized poops around the house. Not sure which one, but we're thinking its the male.

Both cats use the box with no issues and stool appears normal. Male cat is long haired and at first we thought some was just getting stuck... but now he's all trimmed up and we're still randomly finding them around the house, about once per day.

He farts... quite often. We were thinking maybe the two are related?

They also both like to scare each other - thought maybe it was a fear reaction out of one of them?

Like I said, we're not 100% sure its him, we're just assuming.

Anyone have this issue before? Any thoughts on what could be causing it? I couldn't find much of anything on the internet. This has been pretty recent - maybe just a couple of weeks on and off.

They are fed Iams and I know the bag changed... maybe something is upsetting a tummy?

I have no clue.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Nov 20 7:52 am

Grooming > Grooming (4 cats all longhaired)

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 8:51am PST 
Shortly after we got Fry I noticed a mat under his arm and one on his leg - even though we were brushing him daily. After carefully cutting them out (with little cuticle scissors) we gave him a bath with Dawn.

I love Dawn.

Its been weeks since that bath and there have been no more mats. NONE! We brush his long hair only like twice a week now.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Umesaburo, Nov 3 11:30 am

Behavior & Training > Obsessed with the clock
Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '11 8:31am PST 
smile

We got a good laugh out of it as well, but then it started to annoy me when I was trying to get work done! haha He seemed a bit better yesterday, he only watched it a short while before being distracted by something out the window.

He also seems afraid of a clock we have with a chime. Had to take the battery out of that one too!

Such a silly cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Fry, Nov 2 8:31 am

Behavior & Training > Obsessed with the clock

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Mon Oct 31, '11 6:19am PST 
So we're had this cat for over a month and he just saw a clock on the wall in my office. It ticks and moves and he tried his hardest to kill it - even though it was far out of reach. After hours of him chirping and staring I took the battery out... but he is still obsessed. Its not ticking or moving, but if he is allowed in that room he goes straight to the clock and starts chirping at it! We let him paw at it, but it didn't help.

Suggestions? Should I just keep him out of the room for a few days and see if it helps?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Fry, Nov 2 8:31 am

Behavior & Training > Obsessed with clock

Fry

Philip J. Fry

Purred: Mon Oct 31, '11 4:46am PST 
Not sure what's going on with the site - it says I'm on catster but there are a bunch of dog posts? Oh well. smile

So we're had this cat for over a month and he just saw a clock on the wall in my office. It ticks and moves and he tried his hardest to kill it - even though it was far out of reach. After hours of him chirping and staring I took the battery out... but he is still obsessed. Its not ticking or moving, but if he is allowed in that room he goes straight to the clock and starts chirping at it! We let him paw at it, but it didn't help.

Suggestions? Should I just keep him out of the room for a few days and see if it helps?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Fry, Oct 31 4:46 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.