Postings by Kyubey

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Kitten Corner > Need some help with this kitten.
Kyubey

PLAY!!! Play- play play play- pl...zzzzzzz

Purred: Tue Sep 17, '13 6:14pm PST 
Keep working with her, she's so young that she will come around quickly!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Violet, Oct 14 12:24 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?
Kyubey

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 8:23pm PST 
I forgot to add...

A few weeks ago, I adopted a new cat from rescue, he was four years old. As often happens, I let him into my heart and fell in love with him immediately! A few days later, I found out that he has a heart murmur, severe stomatitis, and renal failure....all three of which are most likely genetic.

After the crushing expense and heartbreak of that week, I did NOT want to gamble my heart on another cat with an unknown background. I DID, and I love the cat I wound up adopting, but I can definitely understand someone wanting to protect themselves from such a terrible experience by finding a kitty with a health guarantee and a solid genetic background.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?

Kyubey

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 8:16pm PST 
I don't like the implication that people who seek out a breeder cat don't care. LOTS of caring, loving pet owners have well-bred animals. As long as someone loves and cares for their kitties, I don't care if the went the rescue route or the breeder route.

I for one am done gambling with dogs...I've dealt with so many issues of health and temperament in the dogs I've adopted...I'm experienced enough to handle these problems, but I don't want to. For my next dog I'm seeking out an excellent breeder who will have a dog for me who will most likely fit in beautifully.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Cat Health > New here - PLS help! Cat diagnosed w/Stg 2 Leukemia today. I'm beside myself! Do I put him to sleep?

Kyubey

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 1:48pm PST 
When I worked as a vet tech, i learned that a LOT of vets have a policy of euthanizing cats that test positive, period. It wouldn't hurt to call around and find out of another vet in your area knows more about FeLV and would be willing to talk with you about his bloodwork and prognosis.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Sep 15 2:00 pm

Food & Nutrition > Instinct-Check Facebook 9/16

Kyubey

Purred: Sun Sep 15, '13 1:41pm PST 
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look forward to it! big grin big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Sep 16 6:04 pm

Cat Health > New here - PLS help! Cat diagnosed w/Stg 2 Leukemia today. I'm beside myself! Do I put him to sleep?
Kyubey

Purred: Sat Sep 14, '13 10:41pm PST 
My advice would be to wait, and to have him re-tested in three months' time.

Some cats can fight it off, and become immune. Others become carriers. Others succumb to the disease. Since you don't have any other cats that might become affected, I would offer him a chance to fight it off.

FeLV is a complicated disease, and a LOT of factors can affect his prognosis, so I'd say do some research and follow your heart. Good luck to you and your little kitty both. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Sep 15 2:00 pm

Kitten Corner > tries to nurse....

Kyubey

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 9:41pm PST 
Yep, it's common. She may outgrow it, she may not. Kyubey still nurses on the sleeve of my bathrobe sometimes!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Oliver , Nov 8 9:39 am

Cats and a Clean Home > nervous about house developing "cat smell"

Kyubey

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 7:05pm PST 
Ya know....I'm not nearly as tidy as I should be, and we still manage to keep our home odor free with high-quality unscented litter and frequent scooping. We live with my VERY sensitive mother in law who would tell me in a heartbeat if there was a pet smell to the house!

I pay a little more for the Dr. Elsey's Ultra Scoopable litter than I might for another brand, but it's so perfect for us that it's totally worth it!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Oct 3 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > puffy and scared for no reason?

Kyubey

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 2:24pm PST 
Sounds like normal kitten silliness to me! Enjoy the sideways crabwalk while she still does it, because they outgrow it pretty quickly!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Smithwick, Sep 9 3:47 pm

Behavior & Training > What is she trying to tell us?
Kyubey

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 2:23pm PST 
She may have too much space right now. Sometimes when they're quite small, kittens don't make it back to the litterbox if they have too much space available. IF she currently has the run of the house, I'd restrict her to one room with a litterbox for a few days, then slowly expand her territory out.

You can also add more litterboxes so that it's easy for her to find one if she has to go in a pinch, and 'kitten attract' litter is not a miracle fix, but it very helpful in building good box habits. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kyubey, Sep 9 2:23 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.