GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > Possible Tumor :(
Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '14 8:50pm PST 
Thanks for your words everyone. We go for the ultrasound tomorrow afternoon so we're all on pins and needles right now. Mom has been trying to be strong but I'm laying in bed with her trying make her feel better. I know she's trying to be an optimist but she can't help but feel my brother (from another mother), Bart, has been dealt a bad hand in life (which is painfully in ironic considering how mom came to get me).

In any event, we're hanging in there and appreciate all the supportive purrs - will have an update later tomorrow I would imagine.

Thank you again.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 15 2:06 pm

Cat Health > Having trouble affording Arwen's spay.
Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Sat Mar 29, '14 11:26am PST 
I have two kitties, who were very sick as kittens (constantly swapping an upper resp infection back and forth) so as a result I didn't have much money left over when it came to time for spay/neuter. My original vet, where I had been getting their primary care, gave me an estimate for almost $700 for both cats. So I started researching low-cost spay/neuter clinics in my area. I was able to get them both spayed/neutered for $120 (the spay was $70, the neuter was $50).

I dropped them off in the morning and picked them up that evening. Fair warning - the facilities were....scary (to me), but it was a non-profit organization that services a Philadelphia suburb and beyond. Both my cats were perfectly fine following surgery. Just know there are other options out there.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 30 1:25 pm

Cat Health > Urinary Cystals and Kitty Dystopia

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Mon Nov 18, '13 8:52pm PST 
Hi again. I'm going to assume that was a polite question of confusion and not some kind of assumption at what kind of pet parent I am. I'm sorry if I seem defensive but I am noticed lately that good pet parents have been getting attacked because their questions or comments are often times misconstrued. Trust me, I love my cats and tear up at the thought of losing one of them so I completely invested in curbing this behavior as best and as soon as I can. However, I work two jobs at app 60 hrs/week. While I wish I could be home more to monitor my cats and their "manners", it's not feasible at the moment so I don't know how effective training will be if I'm working 8 hrs each day with a few 12 hr days too. That's what I meant about having time.

And yes, I've seen the show before. I guess I'll go see when it's playing next instead of asking for help here. Thanks anyway!! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 8:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats Fighting - Please Help!!

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Mon Nov 18, '13 2:42pm PST 
Thanks for all the help!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 2:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats Fighting - Please Help!!

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Thu Nov 14, '13 10:11am PST 
So Bart and Lola are not litter mates but have been raised together since they were kittens. Lola was approximately 10 wks old when I adopted Bart, who is only three (approximately) 3 wks younger. And they have always gotten along really well. Until recently.

Bart recently went to the vet with urinary crystals frown And he wound up staying at the vet 3 days. When he finally came home, Lola was not welcoming. I expected this behavior (felt bad for Bart though since I knew he was still uncomfortable), but expected it to subside in a few days once he wore off the 'vet smell'. However, after a week, Lola was still chastising Bart, growling, hissing and being mean. I took Bart back to the vet since he still appeared to be having trouble in the litter box. We got some more meds for Bart and afer a few more days he appeared to be almost back to his normal self. Now Lola seemed to recognize and accept Bart but it appeared as if Bart wanted nothing to do with Lola and he now he was hissing and batting at her whenever she came near him.

The problems has continued to escalate to the point where Bart is screaming and trying to get away from her while she chases him down into the basement, under the couch, or under our bed where the fighting continues. It's been 3 weeks now since Bart's vet stay and he's almost done with his meds.

I just want them to get along again (or at the very least just be civil). Any idea why this is happening and if it will eventually subside?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 18 2:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats are Jerks
Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 4:17am PST 
I love both my cats, I really do, but sometimes they annoy me. So here's the story/situation:

When they were younger, less than a year old, I bought a gravity waterer. Everything was going fine until one day I came home from work and it was on it's side, spilling half a gallon of water on the capet. So I fill it up again. The next day I come home from work, and it's the same thing. I'm not sure now how long we played this game (maybe a few more times) before I gave up and got a heavy porcelain bowl for water.

Flashforward to now. I have a few vacations lined up this summer. Unfortunately, boarding the cats is out of my budget. So I again thought about the auto waterer. But I was nervous, so I decided to buy it ahead of time and see how it goes. I set the waterer up Tuesday without incident. This morning when I woke up, it was on it's side.

1. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?
2. How do I stop them from doing this?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 17 7:37 pm

Behavior & Training > HEL! Litter box issues!

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:33am PST 
Okay, so recently I made the switch from clay litter to World's Best - I got the "cheaper" variety, the plain jane unscented one. But I decided that as far as odor went, it wasn't doing it for me (though I liked everything else about it) So I decided to switch to the Multiple Cat - Naturally Scented variety. Except (though I had my reservations) I dumped the litter box out completely and poured in the new scented litter. After a few hours, I noticed that neither of my cats had used the box yet and I was getting worried that they didn't like it. But by the next morning they were fine (this was yesterday morning).

I just got a call from my boyfriend saying that one of the cats had definitely pee'd on a pair of his dress pants and there was another suspicious spot that was damp (though he didn't offer to smell it).

My cats have NEVER had litter box issues before, and the litter has been changed somewhat frequently on them before (though I did ALWAYS transition the litter change). So I'm wondering if this is a transition issue or if it's something completely unrelated? And what should my next step be? I definitely want to curb this behavior as soon as possible.

Should I buy the old litter again and mix it in?
Should I buy the old litter again and dump out the new stuff and only use the old?

And also, best method for cleaning up cat urine? I work at Petsmart and we have "Nature's Miracle" but I don't know how effective it is. Any thoughts?

Help is GREATLY appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 3:43 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > The Best Cat Litter?

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 6:30am PST 
I desperately need to switch kitty litters. I had originally started with Tidy Cats and I really liked it, but I seemed to be going through quite a bit of it rather quickly (esp for only having two small-medium sized cats). My check book was starting to hurt. So I switched to arm and hammer figuring it would do an even better job with smell. I'm on my second box of it already and completely disgusted. it throws up so much dust and even when scooped on a regular basis, the clumps fall apart and it smells down right atrocious.

So I've been thinking about switching to something a bit less "traditional". I was thinking about a corn based product. However, now I've read that there are some serious cons with that too.

I know everything has pros and cons, but I'd like the best of both worlds, something good for my lungs and my babies lungs as well as something that's easy on my check book (clumping litter preferred). Ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:03 am

Cat Health > Hairballs

Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 3:00pm PST 
So upon further inspection of the litterbox...I realized that the new litter I have been using turns a poopy kind of yellow-brown after the cats pee, which is what I confused for diarrhea confused I have since started them on Petromalt. I haven't heard any retching/coughing and everything seems to be fine in the litter box now (previously, I did notice a rather skimpy supply of poop). My only question now is how to make Bart take the Petromalt. Lola of course loved it and now comes running if I even pick up the tube. Bart, however, runs the other way and stays clear of me for a few hours after I give it to him. Any suggestions there? He's always been a pain about giving meds and whatnot.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 29 5:57 pm

Cat Health > Hairballs
Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Thu May 24, '12 3:40pm PST 
Okay guys, I feel like a lousy mom. I wasn't as diligent with the litter box as I normally am and I when I went to tidy up today I found what I can only assume is diarrhea. I just can't tell who's it is. Is this connected to a hairball issue? Or something entirely different? And I hate to be graphic, but there was definitely some mold on some of the fresher feces which I've never ever seen before. Is any of this normal or are my babies really sick??

Slightly panicked now frown
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 29 5:57 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.