Postings by Jane, Lydia & Mary Bennett

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Plus Power of the Paw > Purrs and POTP for all in the path of Sandy
Jane, Lydia- & Mary- Bennett

Purred: Mon Oct 29, '12 11:43am PST 
MASSIVE amounts of Purrs and POTP to all in the path of Sandy. Since we live near New Orleans, and our meowmy lost her home of 46 years in Hurricane Katrina, she KNOWS what a hurrican can do.

Please check in if you can, all cats and humans in the path.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 59 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Behavior & Training > INDOOR/OUTDOOR CATS MIXED WITH INDOOR ONLY IN A MULTIPLE CAT HOUSEHOLD

Purred: Tue Oct 9, '12 8:48am PST 
If it is working, I would say continue to let this one cat outdoors during the day and bring him in at night. I did have a neutered tomcat who went outdoors during the day, and when I came home from work I would call him and he came inside. I lost him to a heart condition in April. I took in a mama cat and her four kittens about two years ago. Mama Cat had been born and lived for at least 13 years outdoors. But she LOVES being an indoor cat, every day when I give them breakfast and dinner, and I put some canned food in a bowl for her, she looks at the food and them me, seems to say "I can't believe I have food all the time"...and she has NEVER gone near either the front or back door. Found a home for one kitten, the rest stayed with me and also adjusted to indoor living without a problem.

Bless you for taking in these cats as well as caring for the feral colony. So far no coyotes in my area (we live in a small town west of New Orleans) But neighbors said they have seen bobcats coming out of the woods nearby. I feel sorry for all of these animals, they are being crowded out of their natural habitat.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Samhain , Oct 9 12:58 pm

Behavior & Training > INHERITED A CAT

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:15am PST 
Bless you for taking in this cat and giving it a safe home. Do you by any chance have any of her owner's clothing? It often helps a cat when they can sleep on something with a familiar smell.

Keep us posted, we would love to see photos of the cat.

The New Orleans Kittieswavewave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 2:10 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 8:02pm PST 
Marlin,you are precious, LOVE those paws of yours. And welcome to you and your brother Claude to "Fake Cats" and CATSTER. So many new kittens, welcome, welcome and so happy to read you have adopted a human as well.

The New Orleans Kitties.....wave

P.S. Marlin, we visited your page and left you a present
[notify]

» There has since been 65.8 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 8:02pm PST 
Marlin,you are precious, LOVE those paws of yours. And welcome to you and your brother Claude to "Fake Cats" and CATSTER. So many new kittens, welcome, welcome and so happy to read you have adopted a human as well.

The New Orleans Kitties.....wave

P.S. Marlin, we visited your page and left you a present
[notify]

» There has since been 64.8 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Getting rid of urine smell in an apartment

Purred: Fri Jun 22, '12 10:25am PST 
We just wanted to point that out.....know from reading the forums that some complexes allow only so many pets, or sometimes none at all. And from what we understand, a renter must disclose what if any pets they have.....I am sure this is because of the potential damage some pets can do.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

The New Orleans Ktties
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Starbuck, Jul 20 6:27 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > my boyfriend 'hates' cats

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:05am PST 
Sounds like he might think it was not "manly" to like cats. But, if he walked four miles to buy wet food for you cat, he certainly likes cats and cares a great deal about you. I was afraid when I saw the title of this post it was similar to one where the boyfriend wanted the girlfriend to get rid of her cats.

Two paws up to this guy for making such an effort. As another poster said, don't make a big deal of his "hating" cats. Sounds like he is coming around to the "Wonderful World of Being Owned by Cats".

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Calie Dreamette #17, Jun 4 7:00 pm

Kitten Corner > Help!! My new Kitten Hasn't Gone In The Litterbox Yet

Purred: Mon Apr 2, '12 11:33am PST 
Glad the problem was so easy to solve. Yes, the little furballs can sure upset us when they are not doing what they are supposed to....MOL...MOL...

The New Orleans Kitties cheerdancingwaveparty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jane, Lydia & Mary Bennett, Apr 2 11:33 am

Behavior & Training > 4 months and still biting/attacking hands..

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 7:25am PST 
Hi - Maple is a PRECIOUS kitten. And she is still a kitten at four months and wants to play and bite. We visted her page and noticed she is an "only kitten" (we left her a present too). Have you thought of getting another kitten (close to her age). This will tire her out and make her less likely to bite you or your husband. It sure worked for us. Her behavior is only what one kitten would do to another, problem is, us humans do not have fur coats to soften the bites.

An empty cardboard box of paper bag is a good and very inexpensive toy to tire out a kitten. Throw a ball in there and watch them go.

Keep us posted....there are SO many beautiful kittens available at rescues and shelters, and so in need of a good home.

The New Orleans Kittieswavewelcome
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tia, Mar 9 3:26 am

Laws & Legislation > Cat Abuse in Doritos Commercial

Purred: Wed Feb 15, '12 12:23pm PST 
We just read on the CATSTER Community Page that someone entered this commercial and WON A CONTEST!!! This upsets us even more - if they wanted to use animals, what about having the dog steal a steak from a plate near an outdoor grill, eat the steak. Then his owner sees him burying the bone, and knows he stole the steak. This is funny (to us anyway), and does NOT involve making light of killing a cat.

Here on CATSTER, on the Internet and Facebook, you can read over and over of animals abused and killed. And of course the children who suffer abuse as well......are we so "thick skinned" that we will allow this commercial to be shown. In NO WAY do we think it is less horrible to abuse children (or any human for that matter), but such commercials trivialize abuse, and make it a source of laugher.

Sorry, our meowmy just had to rant, but knows she is preaching to the choir here (Thank The Great Cat).

The New Orleans Kities
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 3:56 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.