GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Food & Nutrition > Natural Life Cat Food- At WalMart?
Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 8:22pm PST 
I don't shop at Walmart and most likely never will. A personal choice on my part. The ingredient list Bailey was asking about looks okay but where is the food manufactured? We stick with the brands we *know*. We all eat Nutro Max Cat and Nutro Natural Choice. The food is manufactured in their own plants in the US. 600 quality and safety checks for each batch of food before it's released and recently they became AFIA certified. They are the only pet food company in the US to be able to attain this certification. Most of the other brands use different copackers and don't have control of the quality, safety and cleanliness of the plants so are unable to meet the strict standards of AFIA.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 6 2:00 am

Food & Nutrition > Help! Having trouble putting weight on our rescue!
Ramsey

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 7:55pm PST 
Sounds like Tom has a petite frame so he'll be on the small side. You didn't mention his approximate age. If he's young, he's probably really active. I'd check into a high protein, nutrient dense kibble and maybe bump his wet feedings to twice daily. I'm not familiar with the nutritional content of Whiskas. If you can, you can bump the wet twice with Whiskas or you can seek out a more nutrient rich wet food. We all heat Nutro over here. Nutro has 2 lines, Max Cat and Nutro Natural Choice. Nutro Max Cat is the more economical of the 2 budget wise.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 11:56 pm

Cat Health > Do you collar your indoor cat?

Ramsey

Purred: Fri Dec 21, '12 8:48am PST 
All 6 of us are chipped. Even the pups don't have collars on at home. Can't seem to find a way to get them to keep them on. Dad is always afraid they might get the collar caught on something anyway. But microchip is a must.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 1:46 pm

Cat Health > UTI prevention in male cats

Ramsey

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:49am PST 
I am really sorry you are going through this. There are some options available out there. There are prescription diets that will help with this issue. I would also make certain to have plenty of fresh clean water available. A wet diet would be more ideal for him than a kibble diet if you can transition him over to an all wet. Hydration is the key her in helping to avoid future episodes. You want to flush everything out and cats are wired to get the main hydration from food although many do go to the water bowl and drink enough. Best of luck to you and keep us updated if you can!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 9:54 am

Cat Health > Do you collar your indoor cat?

Ramsey

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:44am PST 
It's a personal choice here, but there are no collared kitties in the house. Dad is afraid one of them will get tangled in them even though he's always bought the safety kind.
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 1:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > Need Advice on the right cat food for elderly cat
Ramsey

Purred: Sat Dec 8, '12 7:48pm PST 
I agree that IBD or Hypothyroidism could very well cause the weight loss and vomiting. Further testing may help you determine his issues. As for diet, any of the premium, all natural kibbles will be okay until you can find out what his real issues are. I use Nutro Natural Choice and my 15 year old gobbles it right up. I'd stay away from the Senior formulas for now. Sounds like he can use all the carbs and calories and protein he can get right now. Best of luck to you and please give an update if you have any news.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 9 8:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > Flavoring the drinking water

Ramsey

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 11:24am PST 
Personally I wouldn't put anything in my cats drinking water, but that is me. I'd try some catnip since peppermint is in the same family as peppermint.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 11:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best cheap food for stray cats

Ramsey

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 11:20am PST 
The Feral in my garage eats Nutro wet, same as my indoor cats. I think I'd need to know what cheap is to you and if you're feeding a wet or dry diet or a mixed diet. Fancy Feast classics is pretty decent. I don't know about Friskies or 9 Lives, never looked at their ingredients. Can you give a little more detail and approximately how many kitties you are feeding?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 3:49 am

Behavior & Training > im not using the hairall stuff anymore

Ramsey

Purred: Sat Nov 24, '12 7:53pm PST 
It's only every couple of weeks? How long do the bouts of vomiting last? Just once or does it last a day or 2 when it happens? What you have described might mean a vet visit is in order to make sure nothing is going on with the cat. Does everything else seem normal?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 24 8:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > My Kitten has Runny Stool
Ramsey

Purred: Sat Nov 24, '12 7:47pm PST 
To reiterate what the other posters have said. I'd get her to the vet for shots and deworming as soon as possible. Also, if there is an abrupt change in her diet, in particularly kibble, their digestive tract can become upset. If you can find out what she was eating before, you can mix it in with the Blue and gradually reduce it over the course of a couple of weeks in order to get the baby transitioned over to the Blue. If that's not possible, ask the vet what you can give the baby to help with the runny stools until she becomes accustomed to the new food. Congrats on your new furbaby party
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 10:19 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.