Postings by Tigger

GO!

Behavior & Training > Cat wants out??

Tigger

I do a trick,- you give me your- sandwich.

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 10:46am PST 
Hi there! We live out in the country with a lot of predators and feral cats. My fursiblings have been indoors only every since they were adopted. However, we do spend a very large portion of our day on the balcony watching life go by. So, I guess it's more interesting then being confined inside all day. However, I do sometimes like to go outside, only during the day though. I used to be a homeless kitty, so I never lost my love for the outdoors, and I am pretty street smart.

Anyways, once in a blue moon, Meomie will take Casper and Bella outside to visit the great outdoors. They love it, even if they only get to stay for about 5-10 minutes. For about a week after that, they will try to run out the door every time one of out pawparents opens the door. It can get a little annoying, but they get over it soon enough.

My advice to you, would be to stop taking her out all together. It seems like it might be more inconvenient for you, and your cat's personality probably won't work well with only taking her out every once in a while. Maybe try distracting her when she begins demanding that you let her out. Try playing with her, does she have any favorite toys? Also, maybe you could make a little window seat by a bird's nest, or something interesting. Don't reward her behavior though. So basically, I would try to get her to love being indoors SO much, she will forget that there is anything beyond the window. That's just an idea, I hope you can get this figured out!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ella, Oct 18 1:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountains
Tigger

Purred: Sat Oct 15, '11 4:59pm PST 
Hi Guest! I just wanted to say that that is a great idea! Meowmie was thinking about doing the same thing, maybe she will. We ended up buying a fountain for about $20 though, as Bella, my fursister, mentioned on the first page. We could always use another one though! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 15 4:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > one fat one skinny

Tigger

Purred: Fri Sep 23, '11 4:33pm PST 
Cats cannot process grains. They are carnivores, they need meat. It is a lot like me trying to survive off of Mcdonalds and chocolate cake. The best thing for your kitty would be a grain free food. Such as Wellness Core, Taste of the Wild, and Blue Wilderness; just to name a few. Here is an awesome website: http://www.catinfo.org/

Good luck, I hope you get this figured out!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Obediah , Sep 24 8:42 pm

Behavior & Training > putting paws in the water bowl

Tigger

Purred: Sun Sep 11, '11 1:58pm PST 
I used to love doing this out of my bowl and from the fish tank filter. Now we have a fountain instead, and the fish tank has been moved (cat saliva isn't good for fish). No one has seen me do this in a while now, unless I have just been super sneaky.....
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kiki, May 15 11:44 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain

Tigger

Purred: Sun Sep 11, '11 1:17pm PST 
Purr,purr,purr,purr,purr,purr. I was rescued 6 years ago, someone decided they didn't want me any more so they dumped me off at a school. Luckily, meowmie saved me before animal control came and euthanized me. RIP, my fellow kitties. Remember, only we can put a stop to littering.
[notify]

» There has since been 252 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

Kitten Corner > When do I start wearing a collar?
Tigger

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 10:26pm PST 
Meowmie has me wear a collar because I am aloud to go outside during the day sometimes when the weather is nice. I used to be a feral kitty, so I need my fresh air. I have had this one for four months and never lost it. It was an inexpensive collar from Walmart, it isn't break away, but it's on loose enough so I can slip it off if I need to. My fursister and furbrother are strictly indoors, and they don't wear a collar. They used to, but the bells were too loud at night for meowmie, plus they kept losing their collars. All well, now I get the pretty collar and they don't. Hehe. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 15 6:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.