GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > My kitty has Hepatic lipidosis
CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:03am PST 
My Cee Cee passed from the results of this-but it was because of very bad vet care. By the time our vet got a hold of her, it was too late.

That said, it DID NOT HAVE TO BE!!!

What is needed with HL most of the time is a feeding tube. It is more scary for us humans than for cats. If Cee Cee's had been left in, and she had been fed properly, this would never have happened!!!!

Time is of the essence!!! Is your vet going to insert a feeding tube? I believe that if you check Lisa Provost's IBD.net website, there is a whole piece on HL!!!!!

Please check it out!!!

Cat's lives have been saved with feeding tubes. You see, the cats will start to eat on their own once they are getting fed via tube because they become sick to their stomachs otherwise.

Please ask your vet about a feeding tube....

this hits close to home. If you read Cee Cee's page, you'll understand.

many blessings and power of the paw to your baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 5:32 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is this a bad idea?
CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '12 4:38am PST 
My Sabrina is buried at Bide A Wee, a pet cemetary in NY. There are other pet cemetaries around. If you decide to do that, just pick one that is reputable.
I can tell you that I love visiting there. To see some of the memorials that people have for their lovely animals is just wonderful.
That said, it wasn't cheap. and there are dues every year. But perhaps that would be a solution.
Your idea is not a bad one, but I don't think it would work. I'm not an undertaker, but I don't believe they embalm animals bodies when they are arranged for...if someplace does it, I'm not aware of it. I would be concerned about the hygenics of it.
I was not crazy about cremation-I guess i have a thing about burning, but when I really started to read up on it, it seemed the honorable, economic thing to do. After all, the spirit has left the body and the body is what remians. While the idea of returning to the earth is so holistic, in some cases, such as yours, it's not practical.

I had a neighbor who used to bury her animals that passed in a park nearby.. I thought that was chancy, though, because again, it's agains the law here (so many rules!) and because if you don't bury deep enough there's a danger something could come and dig up what's buried!

The ashes of my beloved Cee Cee Ryder and Oscar B. Wilde now rest on the altar, where my ritual stones, my dried wedding bouquet, my little cat statues and statues of Bast (Cat Goddess) and candles are. I sometimes speak with them....they are long gone-their spirits ride the wind and maybe, once in awhile, come back to say 'hi mom, we love you'.

No matter what, your love of Patricia will allow you to do whats best.

love,
the KG Cats mom,
Deb
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 4:38 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:58am PST 
I sent Scruffs a condolance message-tried to leave one on his page but it didn't work.
He sort of looks like me. It's sad he went to the Bridge so very very young.
[notify]

» There has since been -18635.8 posts. Last posting by , May 31 7:55 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Trouble has gone to the Bridge

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Tue Dec 13, '11 9:17am PST 
I'd love to meet her as well! I know she'll like it here! I've learned so much since I've been here!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 15 4:57 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Hard Decisions to Make

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 4:42am PST 
Dear Sandy's Mom,

What a difficult place to be in.

As the eternal hope springs up and mommy barges in where angels fear to tread....is there any possibility that Sandy could be taken for a second opinion?

That said, this situation sounds grave.

If it were Mommy, she would look at us, and try to decide what our 'quality of life' is. When we read Sandy's diary, it sort of scared us, too!

As you so well know, cats are great hiders of when somethings going wrong. We can disguise so many things.

Is there any treatment, and medication that would help give you a bit of extra time?

It seems such a hard thing to do, right before Christmas.

That said, sometimes our people suffer so..they so love us, and want what's best. And sometimes they get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

No matter what, please know we are purring very hard for you here!

love,

Cee Cee Ryder

and my family still on the third rock from the sun....
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 15 5:05 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Oscar's Ashes, and pawprints for Oscar and Cee Cee..and Cee Cee's body still in 'deep freeze'.
CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 9:12am PST 
Just wanted to update: We found the receipt and bought it to the vet. Cee Cee's ashes are due back next week some time. They apologized.
If we didn't like the vets so much, we'd probably switch. I didn't like that we were being questioned about this, after we had been clients there for well over 5 years, and have always paid our bills on time. Still, it's done.
Thanks everyone for the advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 9 8:22 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Oscar's Ashes, and pawprints for Oscar and Cee Cee..and Cee Cee's body still in 'deep freeze'.

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 11:52am PST 
What had happened was the other girl who works on the desk...a nice girl but now I'm thinking sort of scattered, took the payment. I don't think she entered it. I'm sure that the money should have had to 'balance' out at the end of the day....but????? She wasn't the office manager, we saw the office manager last night. She noted that the money was due, but not paid.
I have been looking for the receipt but can't find it. I might have tossed it. It was from a month ago. She might not have 'entered' it is what the office manager said.
This girl is the same who overcharged us for Bella's fluids. We got two more bags of fluids last night becuase we had overpaid for the one.

This has been one of those few months. shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Dec 9 8:22 am

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 10:03am PST 
Hi everyone,
We went to bring Ruffy to the vet last night. While there, we found out that Oscar B. Wildes ashes were back.
Oscar was a cat house cat that we cane in one day to find on the floor, crying in what appeared to be pain/distress. It turned out he had a massive tumor and needed to go to Rainbow Bridge. As we cuddled him, this 'feral' cat melted into a soft purr and then into eternity.
It hurt to lose him. It's hurt, beyond beleif, to lose the Cat house, even if maybe it's just 'for now'. I miss the cats. I feel so helpless.
There was some sort of mix up at the vet clinic. Despite me paying $225.00 a few weeks ago, they have no record of it. I can't find my receipt and I found out they still hadn't sent out Cee Cee's little mortal body for cremation. They said they would last night, and told me to try to find the receipt that I paid. The thing is, I've been trying to get rid of paperwork and might have tossed it. I'm sort of upset...I understand their position, but we went through so much with Cee Cee, it just seems wrong. The office manager we saw last night was not the same person who took the money the day we were there, and I explained we paid cash....which is what we've been trying to do for most things just now. I'm hoping that I'll either find it or that they will find sometihng on it.

Also...along with Oscar's little box of ashes was a lovely little pawprint....and Cee Cee's as well. We're hoping to place his ashes and Cee Cee's on a small altar with some lovely candles...

I miss them so much today....and am trying not to cry at work.

Sometimes life isn't fair.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 9 8:22 am

Laws & Legislation > JACK THE CAT'S LAW

CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 9:54am PST 
Mommy can't at work, but will later!

I would like to add sometihng here....Mommy wants to say that the Vet who runs the Vetport is the same one who let Cee Cee pass away. We don't think that the Vetport had anything to do with it, but wanted to warn anyone considering boarding their pet at the vetport about that.
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 10:19 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Jack the Cat, lost by AA....found....and lost :(
CeeCee Ryder- Knowles

Go Cee Cee- Ryder!!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 7:03am PST 
This made mommy so sad and mommy wanted to post this:

Mommy has a flight attendant friend for an airline. She said that while some airlines 'do their best' with animals (airline employees have pets too) the simple truth is that animals out of your sight are at risk. There are just too many things that can go wrong, especially with all the new security issues.

Mommy said this flight attendant won't let her own cats travel cargo..and that says something.

Please look at other ways of getting your cat or dog or other creature to where he or she needs to be.

We are so sorry for Jacks family. Having lost a beloved cat to Fatty Liver Disease, our hearts ache for him...and for whatever else happened....so so so not fair.

We send lots of purrs and comfort to Jacks mom and we know Cee Cee Ryder Knowles and Louie and Miss Charlotte are all there with Alex and all the other Rainbow Bridge cats to welcome Jack to 'the other side'.

lots of love from Debbie, Jim and the KG cats
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 2:20 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.