Postings by Ember, aka Soul Fuzzer

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Grooming > OMG - Furminator - endless process or what???
Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Kitty Kismet- arrived on the- Cosmic Wind

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 9:19pm PST 
Our Furminator was free, thank God. They're like $38 new. shock
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Aug 22 5:37 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Is Precious Cat the best there is or are there better litters out there?
Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 3:00pm PST 
"World's Best Cat Litter" - never heard of that one! I can't imagine how corn could clump?? thinking I will go investigate. I've wondered about mixing some of those crystal litters in with the Precious Cat just for extra deoderizing but haven't because I was concerned it might result in sub-par clumping, I am apparently sort of OCD about solid non-crumbling clumps. laugh out loud

(Oh the things you learn about yourself once you own a kitty lol)
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mugsy, Sep 27 5:20 pm

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 2:51pm PST 
OMIGOSH - so you really *could* bald your kitty with this thing? I thought that once all the loose hairs were removed that you would stop getting combfuls of hair and you would obviously then be done? Jeez, glad I stopped when I did then. I could've had a neked kitty. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Aug 22 5:37 am

Food & Nutrition > the minor fall and the major lift (aka downgrades and upgrades)

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 12:05pm PST 
Well I have been shopping at Walmart (don't freak out, I'm telling you I am *broke* when I can afford to shop in a socially responsible fashion I will but for now let me eat, lol) and Walmart only carries weird brands of canned food that I've never heard of (Sophisticat or something?) so I didn't buy it. I stopped into a small local grocer a few days ago and found their 13 oz cans of Friskies for $1.15 each. Eeeeks. PetSmart is still cheaper than that. I will have to check out our dollar stores...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Princess Zelda Serafina, Aug 24 12:59 pm

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 11:51am PST 
I got a Furminator yesterday, just tried it out this morning after cleaning Em's ears (figured since she was already annoyed with me, might as well get all the dirty work out of the way at once, lol). I got a nice pile of furs, but I'm telling you, it just keeps coming! Every stroke yields a full wad of hairs to be pulled off the teeth of the Furminator. I quit because I was frankly tired of the seemingly endless process and I didn't want to rake her bald or anything. Then when she jumped up on the couch with me an hour later, she's still shedding as much as ever. Like all the combing didn't make any impact on how much she sheds. Maybe I didn't do it enough. She seemed to enjoy it. How much is too much? How do you know when to say when? thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Aug 22 5:37 am

Cat Health > Update, My Kitty, Mya has Passed
Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Sun Aug 7, '11 8:04am PST 
OMG what a traumatic way to wake up. You poor thing. Mya is okay now, no longer in pain or suffering. You did what you could. He knew he was loved. Make peace with it and take care of yourself. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Rusty, Aug 11 7:19 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Help I'm becoming a cat lady (animal planet?) WTH??

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 9:58pm PST 
I used to LOVE Animal Planet back in the day. We don't have TV anymore but I don't know that there's anything on AP that I'd want to watch anymore anyway from the sound of it. confused I have seen Monsters Inside Me and that show just makes me a paranoid neurotic mess, lol. I much prefer labor and delivery shows, lol. My kids make fun of me because I used to get SO excited for A Special Delivery, or A Birth Story, etc. They need to make a birth channel - home births, water births, cesarean, hospital, in the car on the side of the freeway, lol. laugh out loud OMG human babies being born is like Christmas for me, lol. I'm a total birth junkie. I should be a midwife or a doula or something, lol. cloud 9 Maybe I'm a crazy birth lady who just happens to love her cat. Yeahhhh but anyway, it sucks that they ruined Animal Planet. I want to watch My Cat From H*** but mostly just to look at Jackson Galaxy. wink
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ember, aka Soul Fuzzer , Aug 6 9:58 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Is Precious Cat the best there is or are there better litters out there?

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 7:59pm PST 
Yeah, Ember's poo STINKS. She does a decent job covering it, but there is NO question when she's pooped. You can smell it from two rooms away, lol. It's the food she's on, and I'm transitioning to another for several reasons but hopefully improved poo stank will be a happy side effect. I do scoop as soon as I smell it just to get it the heck out of there. I'm nervous to try scented litters because some cat-people have such strong opinions on scented litters (of course I'm learning SOME cat-people have strong opinions on darn near EVERYthing cat-related laugh out loud ), but mostly I'm just afraid of wasting money on litter my kitty wont use. Of course when I got her I switched her litter straight up and she never hesitated to use the new stuff (Precious Cat).

Do Fresh Step and Tide Cat clump really solidly?

When I got Em they gave me some generic store brand clumping litter and it was horrid. The "clumps" would crumble into a million pieces every time I went to scoop. Oh so awful. I really don't want to encounter that problem again ever so long as I own a cat. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Mugsy, Sep 27 5:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > the minor fall and the major lift (aka downgrades and upgrades)

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 3:00pm PST 
Okay well I figured out her problem had a name - scarf n barf. laugh out loud She was even barfing the Purina Sensitive and always shortly after chowing down.

Anyway, I found the big cans of Friskies (being careful to only buy the ones that were on the 'okay' list someone posted somewhere) for $.99/can, so she has been getting small servings of canned food 2-3 times/day with the Purina ONE just there to nibble on (she eats maybe 1/3-1/2 Cup in a 24 hour period) and the barfing seems to have stopped. ::knocks on wood::

We are almost out of the Purina Sensitive so I am transitioning her over to Authority Sensitive because the ingredients do look better and that does make me feel a bit better. The problem is, halfway through any bag of food we've tried, she loses interest. So theses "transition" periods are a total farce, lol, because she's picking out and eating the new food while leaving the old food sit in the bowl. shrug Does she really crave novelty that badly???
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Princess Zelda Serafina, Aug 24 12:59 pm

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 2:46pm PST 
Right now we are using Dr Elsie's Precious Cat litter because, well, I read somewhere it was the best, lol. I want a super solid clumping litter so I can be sure to get her box *very* clean, are Tidy Cats or Fresh Step just as good?
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Mugsy, Sep 27 5:20 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.