GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > Christmas Trees...
Tigger

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 8:47pm PST 
My wife and I haven't had a tree in years because of our kitties. My wife is due with our daughter on December 1st so I'd love to try a tree again in the next year or two for her. I'm hoping my three youngest kitties will calm down a bit before that but I DOUBT that will happen lol so we'll see how it goes!
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , Dec 12 5:51 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Do YOU get nervous going to the VET?
Tigger

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:38pm PST 
I don't get nervous when I take my kitty to the vet but I do feel a LOT of anxiety BEFORE I schedule an appointment. When one of my kitties first starts to get sick or acts odd my anxiety sky rockets while I try to decide if they need to go to the vet and if so will they be able to get in right away, and of course if they get sick on say a Friday night and I have no vet until Monday then I'm super anxious, are they ok until Monday or do I need to go to the emergency vet. Once the decision is made to go to the vet and I have the appointment then I feel better. The only thing I might be nervous about at the vets office is the bill wink
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 2 4:56 pm

Kitten Corner > conflicted new pet parent to 2 8-week-old kittens

Tigger

Purred: Tue Sep 20, '11 9:53pm PST 
I agree with the other posters. They are obviously meant for you, their mom brought them to you and after you tried to take them to the shelter they sent them home with you, that's quite a sign! I know finances are a tough thing to grapple with but I find if something is worth it you find something else to cut back on. I recently started transitioning my FIVE pets (4 cats, 1 dog) off of crappy dry food onto grain free wet food and that's definitely changed my pet food budget a bit but we make do and it's worth it smile

As for your older kitty, as someone else said she will secretly like the kittens eventually wink My five year old, Pumpkin is FINALLY starting to not be mean to the three kittens and I even catch her licking or playing with one once and awhile lol. Even if your older kitty never friends with them as someone else mentioned she will probably tolerate them at some point.

I hope everything works out and you have a nice trio of kitties in your family smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 21 4:58 pm

Cat Health > ventral bulla osteotomy

Tigger

Purred: Tue Sep 20, '11 9:45pm PST 
That surgery does sound scary! From what I'm reading it seems most of the times any of the after affects go away eventually so that makes it a little more reassuring but overall I don't blame you for being stressed about this decision. While I generally like to just trust my vet since he knows a lot more than I do, yours seems a little anxious to try this surgery again. I'm not saying don't let him do it, just make sure you feel completely comfortable about it before hand, maybe discuss it with him some more.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 5:46 am

Cat Health > Fleas on 4 week old Kitten

Tigger

Purred: Sun Sep 18, '11 8:29pm PST 
Thanks for saving that poor kitty from the dumpster! I have no additional advice just wanted express my appreciation smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 19 8:47 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Colorado Cat missing 5 years turns up in Manhattan
Tigger

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 6:45pm PST 
That is great! Also great how the family updated their address with the microchip company even after they suspected their kitty was eaten by coyotes so they could still be found if the the kitty turned up smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 20 6:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountains

Tigger

Purred: Mon Sep 12, '11 9:26pm PST 
All four kitties and our golden retriever love the fountain! I picked one up after my older cat Spook (RIP) started having urinary tract issues my vet recommended I try one to see if I could get him drinking more and it worked! Like many other posters it's a Drinkwell (Platinum) but it's plastic not metal or ceramic, I personally haven't had any issues with it but if it's your first purchase you might as well get something better. The model I purchased at Petco is about $30 cheaper on Amazon I just noticed so definitely check online! The fountain comes apart super easy for cleaning, including the motor. Just make sure you keep it full of water, if you run all the way out you can burn up the motor, I've never has that happen though smile
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 15 4:59 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Reepicheep needs a home --KY

Tigger

Purred: Fri Sep 9, '11 11:07pm PST 
That is a good point, I am aware many people charge a small "re-homing" fee when trying to adopt out pets to discourage less than stellar individuals from adopt kitties. I personally have no problem paying this fee in fact I paid $5 for Tigger from a farm smile The issue is fairly moot in my neck of the woods though, not a lot of that horrible stuff going on so didn't occur to me in my original post. So maybe post posters with a small fee around your neighborhood smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

Behavior & Training > putting paws in the water bowl

Tigger

Purred: Fri Sep 9, '11 10:59pm PST 
I would have suggested getting a fountain but it sounds like you tried that already correct? Sometimes cats put their paws into a water bowl because it's hard for them to see the water sitting flat in a bowl which is one reason fountains are recommended, they can see the water moving. They stick their paw into the water to find it basically but since your kitty seems to be doing it for fun, I'm not sure what you can do! You can throw a towel under the bowl or as someone else suggested a tray. I suppose you could ask your vet next visit what their opinion is. Good luck, I hope she grows out of it smile
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 15 11:44 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Reepicheep needs a home --KY
Tigger

Purred: Thu Sep 8, '11 5:04pm PST 
Aww, sorry to hear your 7 year old dog doesn't like that cute kitten! I have a 5 year old golden retriever and she LOVES all our cats! That is a cute and looks like friendly kitten you have there! If I were you I'd try to keep him, there are MANY things you can try to introduce new pets to each other, just do a google search and you will find lots of useful information. If you really end up not keeping him you can also try listing the cute guy on Craigslist, Free Kitten and post a photo and some information about his personality, maybe see if the local vets offices will let you post a photo and some information and all else fails post some Kitten Needs a Home flyers with a picture around your neighborhood smile I sure hope he finds a wonderful home with you or elsewhere smile Don't fret you still have a little while before it gets too cold!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.