Postings by Siri

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Kitten Corner > New kitten
Siri

Purred: Tue Aug 30, '11 9:07pm PST 
I am getting a new kitten. I am getting him from a great breeder. He is three weeks old now and will be ready to go home in November, but I can't pick him up until Christmas break in December.
He is a natural mink RagaMuffin. He is gonna be a big boy and a sweetie!
The breeder also has a retired adult female that i might adopt. Four years old tortie female. she is extra sweet.
I miss my one kitty so much that I might as well get two!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 30 9:07 pm

Cat Health > need some answers
Siri

Purred: Tue Aug 30, '11 8:58pm PST 
I remembered another symptom today. She always had trouble picking up kibble. I tried a couple of kinds of bowls even putting it on the table with no bowl and she still had trouble. She had her teeth cleaned so it wasn't that. Is that a symptom of FIP or HCM? or something else relating to her other symptoms?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 30 8:58 pm

Kitten Corner > Breeder checklist

Siri

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 1:45pm PST 
After my horrible experience with Siri, I have decided for my next kitten spending the money and getting her from a reputable breeder. I have found one that i think is spot on but I want to make sure i am not forgetting to check anything.
She is registered with ACFA, CFA, and Ragamuffin Associate Group.
The kittens are born in her home and never caged.
She only has three females and one male and does only a couple of litters a year.
The mothers and fathers are tested for the HCM gene and are tested prior to each breeding for FIV and FELV. The moms and dads are also tested with EKGs every year to insure they don't have a heart condition.
kittens adopted as pets are spade and neutered and given their shots. Kittens are not allowed to leave until they are 16 weeks old.
as part of the contract, kittens are not allowed to be declawed or left outside.
they come with a 2 year health guaruntee.
After the kittens are born, my parents who live closer to her are going to go check things out and see if it looks legit.
Ive talked to her and she seems really nice. She is willing to help me find the right kitten, even if it isn't with her.
What else should I look out for? I think she covers all the bases very well and she doesn't seem like a backyard breeder, or a mill. A kitten from her would be healthy (or have the best chance of being healthy) and socialized.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 20 1:45 pm

Cat Health > need some answers

Siri

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 6:50pm PST 
My kitten recently passed away. She was receiving vet care but I'm still wondering what she could have had. One thought was distemper, but one of her symptoms was that she could not use her back legs or walk. Is that a symptom of distemper?
Otherwise, all of her symptoms point to HCM including the fact that she was a ragdoll from a rescue which meant her parents probably weren't genetically tested for it. Unless of course, paralysis of the back legs is a sign/ side effect of distemper.

The vet I took her to, x-rayed her to make sure she didn't have any broken bones or internal organ damage. She had been tested for Panleukemia less than a month ago. Plus less than a month ago she had a complete blood panel done and everything came back okay.
I've tried googling distemper and back leg paralysis and nothing is coming up.
Anyone know if there is a connection between feline distemper and paralysis? or have any information about HCM?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 30 8:58 pm

Cat Health > Help my cat is dying.

Siri

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 8:20pm PST 
Thanks everyone so much for the kind words. Siri was well loved and had a good life even if it was short.rnI miss her so much, but she isn't suffering anymore.rnMy dog keeps looking for Siri. I think she is convinced she is in her old apartment because she tries to get over there. the dog was really close to Siri. They would play and cuddle all the time. While we have two roommate kitties, things are lonely around her with out our kitty baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 11 8:20 pm

Siri

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 8:51pm PST 
got home and she was gone. at least she isn't suffering anymore. she had a good life even if it was short. she was loved.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 11 8:20 pm

Siri

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 8:36am PST 
Things are bad again. i am in the airport, on my way home now. my kitty sitter thinks she might have had some siezures and is in alot of pain. as soon as i get home i'm taking her to the vet. i'm scared of what will happen. what condition will she be in when i get home?
[notify]

» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 11 8:20 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > the anti-litter box cat

Siri

Purred: Wed Aug 3, '11 9:06am PST 
Siri has been really sick for the past week. now that she is doing better, she still refuses to use her litter box. she is going to the bathroom fine, just not in the right place. it could be because she thinks she doesn't have to because when she was sick she couldn't get to the litter box.
or it could be because one of my roommates cats (her cat is rather large--okay really large and nuetered male) has taken a liking to siri's box. he goes in it and she doesn't want to maybe? his poops are almost the size of her (exaggerated) but they are big and he doesn't cover them so maybe she doesn't like walking over them? or could he be marking it as his territory and she not want to intrude?
I'm out of town so there isn't much i can do right now, but i'd like to get her to start using her litter box again if at all possible.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 3 9:06 am

Siri

Purred: Wed Aug 3, '11 9:01am PST 
kitty sitter says she is doing much better big grin but now she refuses to use her litter box. not that she isn't going potty. she is just doing her business else where.
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 11 8:20 pm

Siri

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '11 1:32pm PST 
maybe it is stress. I didn't even think about that. but a couple of weeks before i left on my trip I moved to a different apartment. with a new roommate and her two cats. siri had met the cats before but this is her first time in a new place since i adopted her.
I am returning home in a week.
[notify]

» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Siri, Aug 11 8:20 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.