Postings by Edison The Angel

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Senior Cats > Prayers needed for Misty before she crosses the rainbow bridge
Edison The- Angel

With love from- Mommy: 1995 - 2013

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 11:28am PST 
Oh, honey, I'm so sorry to hear about Misty. My Edison just crossed The Rainbow Bridge on 9/26, and he'll be waiting there to guide her and be a friend to her. You're making the right decision - Edison was 18, and his kidneys and liver were failing. You can't let her suffer like that if she's in pain. You're doing the right thing for her. I know it hurts YOU, but you'll be releasing her. All our love goes with you. Stay strong!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tequila, Jan 15 4:28 pm

Senior Cats > My Edison's going to Heaven tomorrow.
Edison The- Angel

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 7:11am PST 
I just wanted to post again to thank you all so much for your kind responses, for the lovely notes and poems many of you have sent to me, and for the lovely hearts, stars, angels and candles you've sent for my Edison. You're all such wonderful people, and I know I'm not too certain about how to work the forums and the notes just yet, but you all have my gratitude and my friendship for good, that's a promise.

It was a bit of a tough morning. I woke up today and for the first time in 17 1/2 years, he wasn't laying on top of me, batting me with his paw to feed him. That was hard, but I'm just keeping busy. That endless cycle of cleaning the apartment, which I know deep down inside, is to get the home ready for the next kitty, after I've mourned for Edison. It may be sooner than later - I can't go without having a pet for long. I'll be 50 in November, and I've not ever been without a pet from the time I was 10 years old, so this is foreign to me. But it doesn't feel right just yet, you know?

Thank you all for being there and thank you for listening.

Much love,

Lisa
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Saima *Rest in peace 10/5/2013, Oct 3 8:16 am

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Thu Sep 26, '13 10:25am PST 
Thank you all so much. I'm home now, and the apartment is so empty without him. I keep expecting him to walk out of the bathroom or that I'll hear him climb up onto the sofa, and he's just not there.

But I also have to remember that he was 18, and I was lucky enough to have him for 17 1/2 years. And I know I'll get another kitty to transfer my love to, but right now, I still just miss my baby.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for being there.

Love,

Lisa
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Saima *Rest in peace 10/5/2013, Oct 3 8:16 am

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Sep 25, '13 1:03pm PST 
Hi, everyone.

I know I haven't been around here much, but you've all been wonderful to me when I've stopped in.

My Edison has lived a long, mostly healthy life, and he's now 18 years old. I've had him since he was 5 months old, so I've had him for 17 1/2 years. When he was 13, he was diagnosed with elevated kidney and liver levels, and also has a hyper-thyroid condition. He's been on meds the past five years, and they worked up to a point, but not anymore. In the past few months, they're no longer stabalizing his conditions, and the thyroid condition is just wasting him away.

We had bloodwork done a couple of weeks ago, and it's showing that he's in kidney and liver failure. His back legs have been very wobbly the past couple of days, and the vet said that's a sign that his kidneys are going. So tomorrow at 11:30 AM, I'll be taking my sweet boy to be put out of his misery. He has plenty of kitty and doggy cousins in Heaven who are waiting for him, so he'll be loved and have plenty of company. My beloved brother, who we lost 10 years ago, always loved cats, and will be waiting for him as well. And my wonderful dad - who we just lost 2 1/2 weeks ago (so yeah, it's been a horrible month) - will be waiting for him too.

I'm sure I'll be looking for another kitty to give my love to in the future. But right now all I can think of is how I'm going to even walk back into that apartment, knowing that he's not just being boarded, or not just having his teeth cleaned for a few hours. I'm going to walk back into my home, knowing that the baby who gave me nothing but unconditional love for 17 1/2 years won't be there ever again. My heart is breaking into a million pieces as I type this.

Thank you all for listening, and say a little prayer that his journey is peaceful tomorrow morning.

Love,

Lisa and Edison
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Saima *Rest in peace 10/5/2013, Oct 3 8:16 am

Senior Cats > Worried about my Edison

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 12:43pm PST 
"Back From the Vet Part 2"! He was ready early, so he's already home! We have an antibiotic, we have an appetite stimulant, we have a special food (a/d critical care), we have the ever-popular head cone (a.k.a. "The Easter Bonnet") in case he scratches (first thing I did when I got him home was trim his nails), and we have a gooey, disgusting chin "wound" where it's draining, but all things considered, he's doing well. He already ate some of the a/d, and he keeps trying to decide whether to eat or nap - the eating seems to be winning out! He's a little sore still, so he's not totally chowing down on it, but he's making his best attempts and already ate a good amount.

He's had antibiotics and such, but they said he can start on the meds tonight. And of course, his sweet little face is back to normal - he no longer looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with whiskers!

I'll keep you posted on his progress, but I just can't thank you all enough for your fabulous advice and your wonderful caring for my baby and me! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 27 10:26 am

Cat Health > Edison's Health Problems
Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 12:42pm PST 
Tell Captain Louie that his brave co-pilot is ready! hi5

"Back From the Vet Part 2"! He was ready early, so he's already home! We have an antibiotic, we have an appetite stimulant, we have a special food (a/d critical care), we have the ever-popular head cone (a.k.a. "The Easter Bonnet") in case he scratches (first thing I did when I got him home was trim his nails), and we have a gooey, disgusting chin "wound" where it's draining, but all things considered, he's doing well. He already ate some of the a/d, and he keeps trying to decide whether to eat or nap - the eating seems to be winning out! He's a little sore still, so he's not totally chowing down on it, but he's making his best attempts and already ate a good amount.

He's had antibiotics and such, but they said he can start on the meds tonight. And of course, his sweet little face is back to normal - he no longer looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with whiskers!

I'll keep you posted on his progress, but I just can't thank you all enough for your fabulous advice and your wonderful caring for my baby and me! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 9:48 am

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 9:28am PST 
Hi, again everyone!

Let's call this "Back from the Vet Part 1"! As everyone suspected, my poor Edison had a badly infected abscess. It wasn't able to be taken care of with just antibiotics, so he's still at the vet. They need to make an incision under his chin, drain the abcess, clean it, and then they're going to do a dental scaling just to keep it from getting any worse. He'll be on antibiotics for about a week, and barring any complications, I should be able to get him and bring him home in about four hours. The only thing that's still a scary question mark is that they have to do anesthesia for the procedure, of course - there's really no way around it, though.

The good news: the vet said that other than the abcess, he's in good shape. They ran an x-ray and blood work, and he said the meds are still working well, because all his other levels are normal. His white blood cell count was very high, but he said that's because of the infection from the abcess. He said aside from that, he's in great shape for as old as he is.

He also said his teeth were in over all good condition, believe it or not. He said there was some tartar, but not an inordinate amount.

So when I go to pick him up (again, please say purrs and prayers that the anesthesia doesn't give him any trouble!), it's a week or so of antibiotics and special food.

I'll let you know how things go after they call me, and I can hopefully bring him home. Thank you all again!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 27 10:26 am

Cat Health > Edison's Health Problems

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 9:28am PST 
Hi, again everyone!

Let's call this "Back from the Vet Part 1"! As everyone suspected, my poor Edison had a badly infected abscess. It wasn't able to be taken care of with just antibiotics, so he's still at the vet. They need to make an incision under his chin, drain the abcess, clean it, and then they're going to do a dental scaling just to keep it from getting any worse. He'll be on antibiotics for about a week, and barring any complications, I should be able to get him and bring him home in about four hours. The only thing that's still a scary question mark is that they have to do anesthesia for the procedure, of course - there's really no way around it, though.

The good news: the vet said that other than the abcess, he's in good shape. They ran an x-ray and blood work, and he said the meds are still working well, because all his other levels are normal. His white blood cell count was very high, but he said that's because of the infection from the abcess. He said aside from that, he's in great shape for as old as he is.

He also said his teeth were in over all good condition, believe it or not. He said there was some tartar, but not an inordinate amount.

So when I go to pick him up (again, please say purrs and prayers that the anesthesia doesn't give him any trouble!), it's a week or so of antibiotics and special food.

I'll let you know how things go after they call me, and I can hopefully bring him home. Thank you all again!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 15 9:48 am

Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 3:30am PST 
Thanks very much! I had cross-posted in the "health" section with a more recent update. He looked very puffy around the face and was noticeably hurting again when I got home from work last night. I called the vet and moved his appt. to this morning - there was just no way I could leave him till Saturday like this! We had our second night of hand-feeding in the bathroom - got another bowl of food in his belly. He wasn't crying out, but you could tell he was hurting by the way he jerked his head away from me if I touched the wrong spot.

On the plus side, he does look a little more "bright eyed" and he's more alert since I managed to get food into him twice, so my guess is that this is dental, and he's not eating because of the pain. No vomiting, no other odd behavior. In the Health forum, everyone guessed it might be dental, and my mom and my boyfriend both said it sounds like an abcess. So we'll see, and I'll let you know how it goes when we get home.

Thanks again!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Mar 27 10:26 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > marble crossing over the rainbow.
Edison The- Angel

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 3:26am PST 
All our love and hugs go out to you and your Marble. hug So sorry for your loss.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Benny Grunch & Jimmy Dean ILM, Mar 14 7:35 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.