Postings by Shortcake

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat of the Day & Week > Shortcake says "Thank You"
Shortcake

I found my- Furever home!!!

Purred: Tue Oct 25, '11 7:40pm PST 
For all the treats and stuff on her page for Cat of the Day! She is extremely humbled by this honor (well..not really humbled) but she wants you all to know she loves you all very much! flowersflowers
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tink the Cat, Oct 26 7:19 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Please Purr for Shortcake!
Shortcake

Purred: Sat Oct 15, '11 6:03pm PST 
Shortcake came home from the vet today. Vet couldn't find anything wrong with her. He ran blood & fecal tests, all ok! She seems to be doing fine, had to give her bottom a bath though shock. She did hork up a hairball at the vet, maybe that was the problem? Two hours of throwing up and diarrhea for a hairball?? Anyway..just so happy she's okay!! Thanks for your Purrs, Catsters!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Oct 16 7:09 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Please Purr for Shortcake!

Shortcake

Purred: Fri Oct 14, '11 4:57pm PST 
around 8:30 this morning, Shortcake was throwing up and had diarrhea. Poor thing would puke, then poop, all over the house. I took her to the vet, they are keeping her overnight. They are treating her for dehydration and are running blood tests. I will know more tomorrow. Please purr for her that she is okay. Thank you so much, Catster friends!cry
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Oct 16 7:09 pm

Behavior & Training > Can't handle Neeka anymore

Shortcake

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 7:00pm PST 
I agree with the others who said Neeka needs a "kitty sanctuary" away from the dogs. We adopted Shortcake (also declawed) from a shelter. The shelter staff told me she "liked dogs" well...maybe small dogs but we have a 85 lb lab mix, Shortcake is very intimidated by him, he is a big goof and would never hurt the cats but he is LARGE. Shortcake was beginning to urinate on the floor, she checked out ok at the vet, but he said it might be stress related. My husband put a kitty door on our bedroom door and we keep the bedroom door shut, only the cats can get in, their litter box is in our master bathroom...totally solved the situation! Shortcake has not peed on the floor since and just seems happier! happy dance

Best of Luck to you! I hope you can find a way to keep Neeka happy in your home hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Oct 10 7:00 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Introducing Apollo!!

Shortcake

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 7:22pm PST 
Welcome, Apollo! And nice to meet you too, Pumpkin! So cool your mommy and daddy decided to bring home another sweet kitty! My mommy is trying to talk daddy into adopting "just one more" MOL!! What a great family you have! Welcome to Catster welcome happy dance happy dance

Oh, and we can't forget about Cookie! She is beautiful! Mommy's angel dog, Lucky, was 1/2 lab 1/2 golden-she was a very sweet doggie too!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Al Hirt, Aug 22 12:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How can I convince them?
Shortcake

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 6:23pm PST 
Maybe the vet your family goes to can talk to your folks and put their minds to rest. Also, if your parents are cat lovers too, take a picture of the kitty and show them...who could resist that?? What a kind and generous person you are for wanting to help this kitty! Bless you and GOOD LUCK!! flowers
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Aug 18 6:23 pm

Behavior & Training > New aggressive behavior from adopted kitty

Shortcake

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 3:50pm PST 
Hmmmm.. I put spaces between my paragraphs in the above post to make it easier on the eyes, but when it posted, ran everything together and put mm between my paragraphs...fleas??
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by HoneyBaby, Aug 13 5:01 pm

Shortcake

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 3:45pm PST 
Well, It's been a week since Shortcake bit Kona and I've been watching their interactions when I'm home (have no idea what goes on when I'm away). They seemed to have made peace and would lie next to each other on the sofa and play a little together so I thought it was just an isolated incident and maybe I over reacted.rnrnWellll...today, Shortcake was stalking Kona, Kona backing away from her, clearly scared, Shortcake was doing something very strange, she was opening and closing her mouth, not making any noise though...WEIRD!! I stood there quietly watching as long as I could to see what would happen but I felt so bad for Kona I stepped in and intervened. rnrnSo, I'm not sure what's going on here. Do cat's try to establish their dominance and "pecking order" like dogs do? Jackson and Kona were both kittens when I adopted them and while Jackson seemed to be the more dominant cat, they grew up that way and I guess Kona just accepted it? rnrnI doubt Shortcake could seriously hurt Kona physically, as Shortcake is smaller and fatter and has no claws, but I just feel so sorry for Kona, I hate to see her getting "beat down" poor baby cryrnrnAnyone else experience this? Please tell me it gets better!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by HoneyBaby, Aug 13 5:01 pm

Shortcake

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 2:53pm PST 
Kona and Shortcake were just lying next to each other on the bed, Kona was licking Shortcakes face and both cats seemed very content. I was just thinking how nice it was that the girls were getting along so well when all of a sudden, Shortcake attacked Kona and bit her face. I had to pull Shortcake off of Kona and noticed there was a small spot of blood on Kona’s nose. This did not appear to be normal cat play fighting, It appeared to be just plain meanness.

I adopted Shortcake about a month ago after Jackson died. Kona and Jackson would sometimes “get into it” mostly playing, but if either cat cried out the other cat would back off. That didn’t happen this time, Kona was crying and Shortcake would not let up. Kona’s not much of a fighter so she didn’t try to fight back. I had to pull Shortcake off her.

Shortcake has been nothing but a sweetheart since I brought her home, she is very affectionate towards us, but I have noticed that when she gets hungry around breakfast or dinner time she gets extremely grumpy and growls and swipes at the dog. She is front declawed and the dog is 10x her size so I really wasn’t that concerned with her attacking the dog, but this has me really worried. As I mentioned before, Kona doesn’t fight back, she has all her claws and is fully “armed” but I’ve never seen her try to defend herself, she’ll just cry, hiss and run off. One of the reasons I adopted Shortcake was she was an older cat and more laid-back than a kitten, so I thought she would be a better match for Kona.

I work and can’t be home during the day to keep an eye on them, should I separate them while I’m at work? Would that make it better or worse? This makes me so sad!
cry
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by HoneyBaby, Aug 13 5:01 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescued kittens in Millington, TN
Shortcake

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 1:14pm PST 
Purrs and headbonks to you for rescuing those cats and kittens! I wish I lived closer. Keeping our paws crossed you find loving homes for those babies!! Bless you!! hail
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sunflower & Honeybee, Aug 7 1:52 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.