Postings by Buster

GO!

Laws & Legislation > Low income/unemployed people and pets

Buster

Mr. Buster Brown- Knows Best

Purred: Wed Apr 13, '11 10:03am PST 
Ben's person, I believe in a balance comes in of taking of yourself as person first that works for me. I understand that there are people who put their pets care before their own needs. That is their choice, not your nor mine! Who are we to judge them for how they decide to spend their money on caring for their pets? Pets are children to some of us, and with that being said, people will treat them as such. Again, it's about informed choices. If I knew that I couldn't care for Buster properly, I would find someone who could. Yes, it would be very, very painful for me. It would be in the best interest of Buster to have the best care. I love my Buster and he deserves the best and I can give him that now. I plan on that happening until well...you know. If for known reasons, me getting sick and not able to take care of him, me not able to come back home to live independantly-though that one I don't forsee anytime soon, or some odd thing that would make me unable to care for him then it is MY DUTY AS A LOVING PET PERSON to make sure that Buster is able to go to someone who can properly take care of him. I have no children so with Buster, I have it set up if I'm not able to care for him, my sister will make sure he is cared for well.

While some people choose to make such sacifices for their pets that they do without then I guess they are making a choice that works for them. It is the right of the person. If they are capible of making a informed choice than we have a differant topic.

For those who don't agree with low income/unemployeed people have pets - walk in our shows before you make a judgment. You love your pets. Don't you think we do too? That we make sure that they have what they need and can be care for??
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Kizmet, Oct 21 6:13 pm

Laws & Legislation > Low income/unemployed people and pets
Buster

Mr. Buster Brown- Knows Best

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '11 9:28am PST 
As a person who is low income and on SSDI, I thought very careful whether or not if I could afford to have a cat. thinking I made a informed choice. When Buster found me, I knew that I had the means to take care of him. I don't have any children and being single makes a huge difference for me. I believe that low income/unemployed people have every right to have pets when they make informed decision and know the cost of having a pet. Low income doesn't mean dirt poor, completely no money, or ignoronce.
There are people who don't need pets, even those who have lots of money - they make bad choices based upon what their child(ren), status, or whatever, just as well as low income people do. If one has the ablility to love, take of, and honestly be able to care for their pet(s) income shouldn't matter. If low income is the main issue than making that informed choice is vital. Pets have been proven to help people, especially those who have disabilities and who are often low income, do much better. There are ways to help those with low
income have pets and help take care of them. You need to investigate your community to find out if they can help should the need arise. Where I live, if you need help with food and cat litter, there is a place that will help a person. applause
It is sad that people thing they have a right to make a judgments about others in situations they are not in. Yes, there are always a few bad apples in a bunch, don't group all low income/unemployeed people in that group of bad apples. red face
I don't get what the deal is for those who don't know why low income folks shouldn't have pets. shrug
For those of us who are low income and have pets, we are lucky to have the love of our must wonderous pets! They love us unconditional! snoopy
We have just as much right to have them as anyone else does if not more!!! dancing So all of us that have a pet and are low income deserve a great big hug for loving and caring about our pets! hug kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Kizmet, Oct 21 6:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.