Postings by Kilala

GO!

Siamese > Do you think one of my parents was Siamese?

Kilala

A Purr gets you- out of being in- trouble!

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 12:34pm PST 
Hmmm kinda looks like a Torti Point to me in some of the pictures too. Very pretty cat I must say, any which way. way to go The other thing about your cat that makes it seem like one of her parents were Siamese are Noisy's blue eyes. I had a pure black kitty that had a Calico Mother and a Siamese Father. The only way you'd know he was part Siamese without knowing his parents were that he had a kink in his tail like some Siamese do. laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 20 12:33 pm

Siamese > Hello Kitties!
Kilala

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 12:16pm PST 
Hello from Kilala Purr!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kilala, Mar 17 12:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > I need a little help on picking a new cat food brand....

Kilala

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 11:47am PST 
My kitten was started on Kitten Chow but I switched brands after a little research online a week later. I found this cat food that is pretty inexpensive for a better quality brand. It is called "Chicken Soup For The Kitten Lovers Soul" Iyt has pretty good ingredients in it too, like 5 real meats. No By products etc. They have different formulas for different stages, like kitten, adult, weight control, and Seinor. They also make canned variety too, (but my kitten does not really like it that much) As soon as I put the bowl down with the chicken soup dry food next to the kitten chow, she never ate the kitten chow again, it just sat there in her bowl for a week before I threw it away. Now she only wants the Chicken Soup kind. The thing with Chicken Soup it is not sold in big pet stores like Petco or Petsmart. If you go on the web site there is a store locator button to find a place near you like a smaller petstore, feedstore, kennel,etc. I found a few places that sell this brand that are real close to me that I never knew exsisted so is much closer to travel than to go to the big pet stores anyway! It is: Chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com

There is a brand I bought from the pet store as a 25 cent sample that she loves too, but more expensive though, so I use it as a training reward or as a little treat. it is called Surf & Turf grain free from the company called FROMM.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 17 8:53 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > What do you kitties think about a Caster Get Together? :-)

Kilala

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 11:26am PST 
Meow! I'm a kitten from Illinois! Purr! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 6:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Harness training?

Kilala

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 11:11am PST 
I left ya a message in your message box too Misa by the way.1st of all I think a cat walking jacket is safer than a harness, they are more escape proof. I think she is just scared to be outside because she is not used to it. Go out only a short time each time and maybe feed her treats to show her outside walk times on the leash is a fun thing to look forward too. She may have to get used to wearing the harness too first before going out. If she is "crawling" she may not be used to it quite yet. Go slow and soon your kitty will be waiting eagerly to go out. Some of my past cats never liked to go out but I at least tried a while and was patient first before giving in and let them stay in and not go out on a walk in the yard. Yet I had cats that were scared at first to go out, and acted like they couldn't walk with the harness on lol, but soon enjoyed their walks and got used to wearing it and walked just fine. Give Misa some time to get used to the idea for a while. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Misa, Jun 1 5:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Soulistic Canned Cat Food?
Kilala

Purred: Thu Mar 17, '11 10:37am PST 
I bought this cat food for my kitten. It was the "Polynesian Picnic Chicken & Tilapia Dinner in gelee" And my kitten LOVES it so much. I want to buy her some more flavors of this brand. The only other brand of canned food that she loves this much is Merrick, especially the "Grammy's Pot Pie" flavor.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Saphira, Jul 11 8:33 pm

Kitten Corner > Sucking on my blankie like a pacifier

Kilala

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 11:44am PST 
Hi I'm Kilala, I'm a new kitten here. My mom wants to know if my habit is bad for me. Mommy bought me at 6 weeks old, I know it was too young. So now I suck on the corners of my baby blanket like a pacifier. I get so happy when I do this that I purr real loud and do "Happy Paws" like I'm nursing. Mommy hates to discourage me because it makes me happy. She washes my balankie often with just a tiny but of laundry detergent and no fabric softener in the rinse water. Will I grow out of this stage, and if not, is it harmful to me? thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Samantha, Mar 12 10:28 am

Kitten Corner > Wont stop eating electrical wires!! Help

Kilala

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 11:34am PST 
I used to have a kitten who chewed thrugh every cord in the house. He'd chew through the phone cord, christmas lights, answering machine cord, clock radio cord, any cord! I tried the bitter apple spray to put on the wires and cords, but didn't work, he continued to chew. Then I tried the Bitter Apple Paste from the petstore. He hated that because i caked it on. Only bad thing is that it made the wires look chalky white with it on. I'd try the cord protectors out there these days.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kilala, Mar 11 11:34 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.