Postings by Eko

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart Coupon - 15% off Entire Purchase
Eko

Mr. Eko - dark, but- good-hearted

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 2:48pm PST 
They e-mailed us the coupon so I guess I don't need to worry about where to find it on the website. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 24 7:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart Coupon - 15% off Entire Purchase
Eko

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '12 12:08pm PST 
Thanks. This could be helpful because we might make a big purchase there soon. I'm not seeing where to go on the website for the coupon, though...what should I click on?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 24 7:04 pm

Cat Health > our kitten has uri..anyone's else?

Eko

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 11:45am PST 
I'd find the least dusty litter you can. We recently switched because of dust and have found Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Fragrance Free to be low dust. Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra is also low dust.

Eko here is has kitty cold (uri) flare ups and we think he has the feline herpes virus dormant in his system, as many cats do. This led us to discover the l-lysine supplement (our vet recommended it.) It helps fight off the viruses that cause kitty colds. You can google "l-lysine supplement for cats" and find powders, gels and treats. We use a powder we order from amazon and the kitties love it sprinkled on their food.

Good luck. Hope the little one feels better soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pippie, Aug 16 1:21 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > The Best Cat Litter?

Eko

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 11:00am PST 
Tons of people swear by Dr Elseys Precious Cat. We tried it once, thought it was okay but not 100% on the odor control, but now we are trying it again because of its great reputation for being dust free. In our other box we are trying Cat's Pride Fresh and Light fragrance free because we also read that it works great and has little to no dust. The verdict is still out on both because they are mixed with our old litter right now. No complaints so far.

Our old litter was Fresh Step Multi-cat Unscented Scoopable. We LOVED everything about it but the dust started getting to us. The odor control was so good I could go 2 months without dumping the boxes (we keep them scooped and spot cleaned well.) Even after 2 months they were odor free and I probably could have gone longer but didn't want to push it.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:03 am

Cats and a Clean Home > So, this is a question about clumping clay litter.

Eko

Purred: Fri May 18, '12 12:01pm PST 
We also had that problem with Dr. Elseys but have not had as much problem with other clumping litters. The Elseys was especially cement like. I've found, no matter how much I put (and we do 3-4 inches deep) they will pee near the sides so clumps will stick a bit. Tidy Cat and Fresh Step (we use the unscented) both released much easier from the side of the box. We also read a tip to bang on the outside of the box where the clump is to make it release rather than trying to scoop it off. They are much less likely to break that way.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 9:31 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat pee in rental
Eko

Purred: Mon May 14, '12 6:11am PST 
I hate to be negative, but I think if it has seeped under the flooring through cracks (as your post suggested) the only way to really get it is to remove the flooring, do a thorough cleaning, then lay new flooring. (And, I don't know much about what might be under bathroom flooring, but if it is concrete, I know that concrete is absorbent so cleaning odors from it could be next to impossible. Wooden baseboards could probably absorb liquid and be difficult to really clean well too.)

The blacklight idea is good though, maybe you will see something.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Pandora, May 15 6:54 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > What to use for litter disposal?

Eko

Purred: Wed May 9, '12 9:22am PST 
We buy regular small trash bags that come in a little roll. I'm guessing the expensive ones you refer to are sold for pet use? These are just regular small bags in the trash bag section. (We use them when we are running short on plastic grocery bags.)

We then put them in an old Tidy Cat large bucket in the garage until we dump the bucket into the dumpster in our alley. I learned quickly that even if you do take out the trash daily, you can't have that stuff in your house (even tied up in a plastic bag.) PU smile
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 3:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Kicking Cat Litter Out of the Box

Eko

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 2:17pm PST 
I'd avoid buying a covered litter box. They make some cats pretty unhappy about the litter box. If anything, you could switch to a box with higher sides. They sell them with up to 10 inch high sides. (We found more options and better prices by buying the high sided boxes online.) Some folks also make one out of a storage bin and cut a door into it.

We have 3 young cats and they have occasionally gone crazy digging in the litter just for fun. Some of the mess can be contained with a big utility mat (cheaper than a litter mat, sold for laundry rooms or garages) under the box. When there is litter kicked out of the box I just pick up the sides of the big utility mat and make all the litter fall back toward the box so it's out of the way until vacuuming day.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Baby Sister, May 1 10:04 am

Food & Nutrition > online pet store where I can buy single cans?

Eko

Purred: Fri Apr 20, '12 9:54am PST 
Wow! We didn't know anyone sold single cans online. We've figured we have to buy a whole case to try something new. That has led to a lot of meals that only get half eaten. (Thankfully none of the rejects are totally, 100% rejected.) I'll have to look into the suggestions you got. We use petfooddirect but their prices on Wellness keep going up and up and up. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 8:26 am

Cat Health > Do I have tapeworms?
Eko

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '12 9:59am PST 
One slimy thing on the butt would be enough to send us to the vet. smile Two, and we would run, not walk...lol. Sounds like some sort of worm. I'd definitely call the vet and see if you need to bring a poop sample with you. (My vet says they have to be fresh, so get instructions if they want you to bring one.) Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Toro, Apr 20 10:21 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.