Postings by Natalie the Natcat, Forever

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Cat Health > I'm puzzled. Thoughts?
Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Thu Jan 10, '13 10:13am PST 
Natalie is deaf. She screams sometimes. She can't hear herself. We've also come to realize that because she's deaf, and her vision may not be as good as when she was young, she feels more vulnurable when it gets dark.

Wondering, too, if she has any FHS symptoms. Natalie was diagnosed with probably FHS-she attacks her tail when she's overstimulated, and she can be very very needy.

Natalie is 16/17 and does have CKD now, but the FHS started last year, and we've realized with her being deaf that she appears to feel 'cut off' if she doesn't get enough attention or if we aren't in the room but are home-she'll sit on the bed and 'yell' at us in the other room.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Gumpy Sweet Boy , Jan 31 2:15 pm

Cat Health > Haven't been here since June-2010 ):

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 8:26pm PST 
Janice,
I give you alot of credit. you're doing something wonderful for animals and having to be in a room with somoene who didn't treat your cat properly.

I would wait til after the meeting.

Its been my experience that some vets just aren't very good...really....and thats why I always trust my instinces and get second opinions. My heart goes out to you, and we'll be thinking of you.

thank you for helping the animals, despite your having to be with that vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Jan 11 3:59 pm

Senior Cats > Our Nat and CKD

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 8:22am PST 
We're riding a rollrecoaster. We're exhausted, and this morning I fell apart at work.
Natalie last night reacted to the appitite booster she was on...crying, yowling, squeaking, batting us for attention, and then attacking and biting.
This morning things are somewhat better. We have to call the vet and see about chaning to a different appitite booster. Going to see about getting her onto B12.
She was dehydrated when I came home yesterday and she had only thrown up a little.
The upside was that she did eat a bit this morning, but without the appitite booster she isn't so keen on food.
And we're afraid of losing her. We know it's inevitable. Natalie is not a young cat-she's elderwise, she was elderwise when we got her.

I want to give Natalie the world. Maybe it's because she didn't have the full long and wonderful life that Bella did. We simply don't know what happened to Natalie except she hadn't been spayed til she was found, her health hadn't been cared for til she wasa rescued...the rescue she was with did the minimal for her-her breast cancer wasn't addressed til we got her...
and maybe because of this, I love her fiesty, fighting and loving spirit. i love the way she is pushy, pulling my cup over to her from my hand when she wants a drink of milk, sleeping with her paws on your hand, her head on your hand, her little 'mew?' when she wants to impart some secret cat secret.

I'm afraid of losing her...her, my little Mau Abby mix with her funnny stiff halloween cat walk and tiny little grumpy face...

Oh Nat, what will the world me for me without you in it?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chiquitita, Jan 12 1:17 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:52pm PST 
Thank you Sky,
I'm toughing it out. Had a follow up visit to vet today. I am hydrated, despite a bad episode last night of diahrhea and vomiting from having some food that disagree's with me.
Today I was prescribed cerenia and am now on an appitite booster, pepcid when my tummy is a bit better (cerenia is 'as needed') 100-150 ml of fluid a day, azodyl 2x a day, and a kidney suppliment. I'm not myself completely tonight...but am a bit better. Thank you so much all for your purrs.
They took bloods and we will find out tomorrow what they say.
[notify]

» There has since been -19698.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Raw Food Diet > Natalie may have kidney issues-considering trying raw again-one vet says yea/ another nay...

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:34am PST 
Hi everyone,
Natalie went to the vet this past week. She's been looking scruffy and the vet is thinking it could be her kidneys. We get her tests back today, hopefully.

A good friend who's cat had CKD and did well on raw suggested a raw diet out. I bought this up to our vet when I called to find out about test results (they were not in yet) and our vet said that she didn't recommend raw for older cats with kidney issues-too much protein on the body and with Natalies 'sensitive stomach'this might be an issue.

I am confused. I went with a friend to pick up her cat from her vet and I happened to mention Natalie to him. He told me that he actually recommendds raw for cats-including those with kidney disease as he thinks a raw diet takes less for a cat to transform to energy and digest.

We had been considering trying raw as both our foster and new young guy Midnight appear to have some food allergies and we have heard that raw can really help.

thanks,
Mom Deb
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merida, Dec 27 5:39 pm

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:12am PST 
Hello all,
I get my blood tests back later today.
I went to the vet-I am now on 100 ml subq fluid a day. I know that I am in good company, as some other elders are on this too.
Mom and Dad are still concerned. My appitite is not great. I may have to go on the full Bella regime, Mom is thinking. Dr. Kramer
She's going to ask about b12 shots.
Mom's also wondering-again-about trying us all on raw....??? i've been known to have a sensitive stomach....any thouthts on this?

Mom asks if everyhone would spare a purr for me? I am Daddy's girl, and even Daddy is worried.

love,

Natalie
[notify]

» There has since been -19672.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '12 4:41am PST 
Maus, so sorry. I have had one too....they aren't fun. Afterwards...at the vet...they gave me a BATH!
[notify]

» There has since been -19456.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Behavior & Training > Meowing at night - humans can't sleep

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 1:30pm PST 
hi-I am much the same. I wake my pawrents at 4am-and if Daddy doesn't get up, I will pester him til he does. Then I let him know that I want him to pet me and I curl up beside he and Mommy.

I was alot more vocal at night before I wound up being dianosed with cat isses and now take medication that makes me sleepy so I sleep most of the night. That said I do sometimes still vocalize.

These are the things that have helped....with me and with my sisfur, who was also active....

1) provide a 'sanctuary' for your kitty to sleep...we had to do this for Princess when we first got her. We put her in a fairly good size cage with a cardboard box to 'hide/sleep' in with high sides. You could try that in your home-just the box. Or a tunnel, or something that is secure.

2)Is your cat an only cat? Because he may be lonely. Maybe a friend?

3) Cats, espeically young cats need alot of interactive play when their people are home-especially if they don't have a cat friend. I suggest a laser pointer, a cat dancer, one of those balls in the track with the cat post on it, a cat tree with sissel.

Mommy works full time and goes to grad school and has 6 of us! It could be worse...if you had a human kitten they make alot more noise and keep you up much more...

purrs for you and the kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Natalie the Natcat, Forever, Aug 30 1:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Vet precribed prozac!!! Help!!! Has anyone used?

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '12 4:52pm PST 
Anyone?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Natalie the Natcat, Forever, Aug 22 4:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Vet precribed prozac!!! Help!!! Has anyone used?

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '12 11:43am PST 
oh everyone,
They prescribed prozac for Natalie. i had wanted to try gabapentin...well, I know it's spelled wrong. I wrote her a long enmail as to why. She still prescribed prozac.
Has anyone used prozac? This is for suspected FHS with Natalie. I just have not had good experiences with that and my human clients.

Help please!

A very worried Natalie's mom!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Natalie the Natcat, Forever, Aug 22 4:52 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.