Postings by Babydoll

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Two and a half years later, I'm still crying.
Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Fri Jan 28, '11 11:41am PST 
hug

My childhood dog died when I was 15. It was years - probably five or more - before I could look at a picture of her without crying. It's okay to cry for our wonderful and loving fur babies. They enter into a special part of our hearts, into all the spaces that no human could ever find.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 5:40 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Babydoll is gone
Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Fri Jan 28, '11 11:38am PST 
Thank you everyone. It has been a tough few days, and I have my sane points and my weepy points. Even though Othello and Ophelia are still with me, the house seems extra empty. Babydoll was always at my feet, always tripping me up. I had to watch every step. I still expect to see her, and I still step carefully around.

O&O are doing okay, but Ophelia has started sleeping in bed with us - something she would only do once or twice a year. Now she comes to bed with us each night. She is Babydoll's daughter. I'm not sure if she's sad, lonely, or is trying to make me feel better.

I buried Babydoll on my parents' property, where she will be safe. She is buried next to my childhood dog, so she is not alone.

I like the idea of getting a statue for the outside around here. When spring comes I'll find something nice to place outside in the flowerbeds.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Babydoll, Jan 28 11:38 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Babydoll is gone

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Tue Jan 25, '11 8:47pm PST 
I want to thank everyone here for just being here. We found out less than two weeks ago how ill Babydoll was and that's when I found Catster.

My sweet Babydoll became unresponsive tonight around 9pm. I held her in my arms. By 10:30 my husband and I rested her in a favorite sleeping area and sat with her. She died just a little while ago, with us at her side, telling her it was okay to go.

She was the best, smartest, most wonderful cat in the world, and I will miss her forever.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Babydoll, Jan 28 11:38 am

Cat Health > End Stage Health Problems

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 11:47am PST 
Thanks for the info. The vet gave us anywhere from "days" to "months." I just need to make sure I'm doing the right thing. My husband realizes how completely attached to the cats I am, and that I might be stupid and try to keep her around longer than she should, only for my benefit, and not for hers.

A lot of me is thinking selfishly. I don't want to have to euthanize her because it would hurt me to do it. And I can't have her hurting and alive just because I'm having the problem.

It all sucks. I have more fluid left - just out of needles. but she seems to be pretty rehydrated now. But that's now. It's all a big waiting game.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Jan 20 12:16 pm

Cat Health > End Stage Health Problems

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 10:56am PST 
Babydoll is my oldest cat - my number one cat. She's 14/15ish. After some rapid weight loss, I took her to the vet last week. She was very dehydrated. X-rays showed a mass in her abdomen. They did a specialty blood test.

Basically, she's got terrible liver disease, and this mass in her abdomen. The prognosis, as you can imagine, is only one thing. The vet asked if I wanted to do an ultrasound to see where the mass exactly was and what it was affecting, but I said no. Even with knowing exactly what's wrong - it doesn't change the outcome for Babydoll.

So, for the past week I gave her subcutaneous fluids. I am giving her antibiotics and steroids. I feed her wet food whenever she wants (per the vet).

But, she's not the same cat that she was even a couple of weeks ago. She's slow to walk around, and doesn't really walk that well any more. She'll walk some, and then stop. Walk some more, then stop. She spends most of her time lying on her bedding, and just gets up to eat. She still eats just fine. She doesn't wash herself anymore. And she's been pooping in places she shouldn't be, even though I put a litter box upstairs so she wouldn't have to deal with stairs.

I think I'm doing all I can. But we've got no more liquids to inject, so perhaps she'll just go back to being dehydrated again. And in another week, the other meds are done. And then what?

I guess I'm just looking for - advice. How do I know when things are bad to the point that I need to make that final trip to the vet with her? I don't want to give up on her, but I also don't want her to just be in existence, and not be happy or feel good.

I've never had to make this decision before, and I honestly don't want to make it now.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Jan 20 12:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > An Odd Question about food coloring
Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Sat Jan 15, '11 8:12am PST 
Well, the food coloring worked. One small drop of blue dye in milk (half and half) and I was able to identify that it was Babydoll doing the pooping.

So, it works, though it really doesn't solve any problems. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:58 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > "New"ish

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Sat Jan 15, '11 8:03am PST 
I haven't had a chance to formally say "hello" yet, so I thought I'd do it now.

I am a mom to three cats: Babydoll (14/15ish), Othello (13), and Ophelia (10).

Each of my cats has his or her own personality, agenda, mannerisms and attitude. I love them all.

Babydoll - she was abandoned in an apartment, so we gave her a home.
Othello - abandoned by neighbors, so he adopted us.
Ophelia - the daughter of the two. (They're all fixed now!)

Babydoll is my number one cat. She was my first pet as an adult. And she is having a tough time now, and is dying. She's got terrible liver disease, just diagnosed yesterday. We're doing what we can to make her comfortable and happy, but it has been hard each day. As the vet told me, every day she's alive is a blessing, so keep on giving her love.

Othello is my dog. He comes when you call him. He plays fetch, and brings his toy to you when he wants to play. He runs to the door to greet you. He would let an axe murderer come in as long as he got some petting. Othello went through some nasal tumor issues almost two years ago, and had a big surgery, but it all better now.

Ophelia is my little cat. The fattest little cat I know. The vet said, like many humans, she reached middle age and put on the weight. And she's not much of an eater - not much into treats or handouts. She's just fat. She's had some topical cyst issues, but they were diagnosed as no big deal. She's very standoff-ish, and only wants to be pet on her terms.

So, that's my fur family. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Jan 16 8:47 pm

Cat Health > Old Cat - What should I expect?

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Sun Jan 9, '11 5:53am PST 
I've got to schedule appointments this week. I'm wondering if it isn't hyperthyroid that's causing the weight loss. Because it seemed to happen pretty fast. I guess we'll see what the vet says. Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Madam(1999-2011), Jan 9 12:28 pm

Cat Health > Old Cat - What should I expect?

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Sat Jan 8, '11 5:07am PST 
Although I've had cats now for 14 years, they are my first cats, so I've never been through an entire cat lifecycle. My oldest cat is around 15 (Babydoll), and I have noticed over the past few months a change in her. She was becoming more anti-social. She was getting thinner. She has started begging - well, moreso than she always did. I mean if she was a human, she would walk right into a restaurant, grab food off of someone's plate, and still be eating when the cops took her away. She doesn't care anymore about the bad behavior. I catch her up on the kitchen counters a lot, too.

I'm just wondering what I should expect out of my senior cats. Apart from the above quirky behavior, she's basically the same. When it's dinner time, she comes running. When she wants something she follows me around and meows a lot. But then again, she's not the same.

I've been trying to bulk her up. She's always been a petite cat, but lately she's gotten thinner so I've been trying to feed her high calorie/vitamin food throughout the day. My husband's family cat was extremely thin when he got older (he lived to be 20!), so I know cats, like people, thin up a bit as they age.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what's normal and what isn't - what should I keep my eye out for, and what are some big warning signs. Each of my three cats are extremely different in their personalities and health issues, so I can't even judge them as a group to try and figure out what the norms are.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Madam(1999-2011), Jan 9 12:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > An Odd Question about food coloring
Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Fri Jan 7, '11 8:48am PST 
It's the only way I can think of. That has always been a problem when the vet asks for a stool sample - I don't know which to bring for each cat. So, maybe this can work! laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:58 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.