Postings by Kit Kat

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Recommendations?
Kit Kat

curiosity never- hurt me!

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 8:17pm PST 
Wow, I haven't been on here in forever! Hi everyone!

Our local Petco has stopped stocking the bigger cans of Holistic Selects food (my babies were big fans of the Duck and Chicken recipes). We stocked up but it seems like we're running low. We have a few cans of Before Grain (I wish they made a bigger cans) as well but I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out which healthy grain free food (in large cans) to buy my babies.

I hope that made sense. Thanks for your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mo, Feb 14 8:46 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > I'm getting a kitten (for my 13 year old daughter)....and I am clueless
Kit Kat

Purred: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:39pm PST 
Welcome (or soon to be welcome) to the exciting world of cats! First, as it has been said please be sure you want a cat and can care for a cat. Cats not only live for about 20 years but they also have habits that cause some heartless people to throw cats out on the street or take them to the shelter.

I was never much of an animal person but somehow I ended up with three cats and they meow, scratch, bite, climb, run, chew on basically anything that catches their attention. laugh out loud That said, I love my little fur babies even when they step all over me demanding food at 6am (not a morning person at all).

Might I suggest getting a slightly older cat (maybe one/two yrs old) they'll still have their kitten energy but their personalities will be fully developed and if you adopt, the people will be able to pick a cat based on your family activity level.

Litter box: I suggest going to Wal-mart and getting a storage/tote bun for a litter box. It is bigger and MUCH cheaper than the boxes sold at pet stores.

Cats also love high places so you might want to clear out anything breakable on shelves and whatnot.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kit Kat, Nov 5 1:39 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Boxes ( Yes, size matters)

Kit Kat

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '11 3:39am PST 
Kit-Kat never liked small boxes so we got something similar to the PetCo litter box linked above except it's curved. Once we expanded our little cat family, we bought big storage/tote bins from Walmart. We just bought a big one that fits two cats (Allie, for some reason, jumps in with the cats sometimes. She helps them bury the poops laugh out loud) And it was just $6.00!

The PetCo one is now under the sink in the bathroom.

I tried the cooking spray (which I learned from this very website) and it works great!
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Holly Weilhammer, Jan 24 10:40 am

Kitten Corner > When do I start wearing a collar?

Kit Kat

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 7:52pm PST 
All three of us wears a collar. Mommy changes it often because she likes an excuse to buy us cute things. It took Cat awhile to get use to having one on. I had one from the day after dad brought me home (I was about 4 months) and now when Mommy takes off my collar, I just sit patiently and wait to put it on then I gets a treat. My sisters caught on and now they all let Mom put on the collar with the bells and a tag. We're all chipped and indoor only cats but she likes the added protection.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 15 6:50 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter box suggestions?

Kit Kat

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 12:44pm PST 
All of my kitties (especially Kit-Kat) tend to kick litter out of the box so we ended up buying a storage bin from Walmart and just using that. Works great. It's big, spacious, cheaper and litter barely gets out (well, it does sometimes but it's better than the other two we have here.)
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Allie, Aug 2 5:36 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > 3 New Cat Questions, (help a new fuzzer-mama out)
Kit Kat

Purred: Thu Jul 14, '11 8:03am PST 
Hi!

1. Most likely she'll move once winter comes. Right now, all three of my fur babies sleep on the window ledge or near it but come winter they sleep on their warm beds. Cats usually sleep where they feel most comfy.

2. I try to do a deep clean every month but I clean the litter boxes at least twice a day. You can use those Clorox (or any brand) wipes if using the tub is not an option.

3. Try giving her a treat after giving her medicine that way she'll know that she'll associate medicine with a good thing. My cats will put up with uncomfy things because they know they get a treat after. laugh out loud

Hope I helped! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chyna, Aug 15 10:54 am

Behavior & Training > Mood swings? (long)

Kit Kat

Purred: Sun Jun 12, '11 12:59pm PST 
I know this feeling all to well because Kit Kat went through the same things shortly before and after she turned one. She's more standoffish and doesn't play as much she did when we first got her. While Kit Kat still likes sleeping next to me, she'll often sleep somewhere else. Cats really like to be alone sometimes.

If her behavior is really concerning you, you should take her to the vet and if all is okay, I'd say he's just growing up. I know it hurts but it has nothing to do with you. My boyfriend called it the "teenage era" laugh out loud

This is all from my limited cat experience.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jun 27 8:55 am

Behavior & Training > Move cat tree

Kit Kat

Purred: Fri Jun 10, '11 9:34pm PST 
My cats actually become more interested in things once I've moved them. I live in an apartment too and once we got cat number three, I moved things around to allow for more space and they were all great with the change. Of course, if that's not the case for you treats when they do approach the tree will work too.

We had the same problem with the dresser in our bedroom. We had to move my basket full of hair products on a shelf that my boyfriend made. You could move the pictures or just use a squirt bottle to discourage your cat from going on the mantle.

I didn't mind my cats going on the dresser so I just moved my stuff. It's a matter of choosing your battle. laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leo, Jun 22 6:22 am

Behavior & Training > Out of no where, cat is now scared of step daughter

Kit Kat

Purred: Sat May 28, '11 9:47am PST 
I think your cat is reacting to the "negative energy" that your SD is showing towards your pets. Cats can sense hostility and I'm sure that the cat was reacting to your SD tripping over her as an attack since she hasn't exactly been pleasant to them.

I hope this doesn't come out mean but she's going to have to learn how to interact with them. She doesn't have to like them but her body language around them is probably going to have to change. If that makes sense...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lacey, May 28 10:53 am

Behavior & Training > Suggestions for a lazy kitty like me
Kit Kat

Purred: Wed May 25, '11 1:05pm PST 
Might I also suggest a toy that you can put treats in so that he can hunt for it? I bought mine at the pet store but you can also make one if you want. Kit-Kat is lazy too. laugh out loud But we put healthy treats inside one of her balls and either hide it or just toss it around and she will play until the treats come out...which takes a bit of effort. smile

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lacey, May 26 4:41 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.