Postings by Miss Elizabeth Bennett

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Cats and a Clean Home > De Catting sheets...yuuuuck
Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 5:35pm PST 
Your might try Pine-Sol, put the sheets in the washing machine, and when there is some water in the tub, add about a quater cup of Pine Sol. This is an old "remedy" and should help. This can be purchased at any grocery store, or Dollar General or Family Dollar. They have a new Lavender fragrance which smells nice and fresh.

Good Luck,
The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Felix, Jan 7 3:20 pm

Cat Health > Anesthesia Chamber for Calming Cat for Exam
Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 7:19am PST 
You're welcome. And glad we could help. This is what we all like about CATSTER, when you have a problem, question, concern, just post it in the Forums and somecat will have an answer, advice, etc. We LOVE our vets and their staff, who are so helpful. They also participate in a FREE OR $10 SPAY OR NEUTER for feral or "owned" cats, and over half of the staff fosters cats and kittens to help them find homes. And I am sure you could use a laugh....the program was extended through this year, and there I had gotten a flyer from another "Cat Lady". However, someone did not really proofread the flyer....it stated "FREE OR $10 SPAY/NEUTER FOR RESIDENTS OF JEFFERSON PARISH (we have parishes instead of counties in Louisian), AND ALSO FOR FERAL CATS LIVING IN COLONIES." When I asked my friend how many "Jefferson Parish Residents" ahd asked to be spayed or neutered she laughed and laughed. We also both wondered if somehow the person who trapped a cat would know if it was "Living in a Colony." My English teacher, the late Mrs. Long was a REAL stickler for such errors....and almost 50 years later, I remember. And I laugh everytime I think about it, and put a flyer on the bulletin board at my office. But grammer aside, the program has done a great deal to control the feral cat population and make it possible for everyone to afford to have a cat spayed or neutered. There is also a program for dogs.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

Kitten Corner > Please HELP! My kitten has a strange skin problem.

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Thu Oct 4, '12 9:33am PST 
Orange Ruffy had some good suggestions, and especially if you could get good clear photos and attach them to e-mail, the staff at the vet college would be able to offer suggestions.

Bless you for taking in this kitten. And we are sure other CATSTER members can add suggestions. Please keep us posted, we all undertstand your cocern.

The New Orleans Kitties

P.S. Hello Mr. Ruffy from Elizabeth Bennettwavewave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miss Elizabeth Bennett, Oct 4 9:33 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Fostering Cats ???

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Tue Aug 14, '12 8:16am PST 
BLESS you for wanting to Foster cats. This helps them to find and adoopt people, since they are socialized.

Keep us posted when Mama Cat arrives, and when her kitten are born, we LOVE seeing kitten photos.

Lizzie Bennett (waving to Mr. Orange Ruffy) wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Larry, Aug 18 8:49 am

Plus Power of the Paw > POTP needed for one of my humans.

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 1:17pm PST 
MASSIVE AMOUNTS of purrs and prayers coming for your Nana!!!!

The New Orleans Kittieshug
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mischievous Bandit "Misty" , Aug 26 3:32 am

Kitten Corner > Vet told me it was rare for kittens to go into heat before 6 months?
Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 9:31am PST 
My vet will spay a female cat as long as it weights at least three pounds. I agree with other posters and you, don't want to take the chance that she might go into heat early.

Beautiful cat, welcome to CATSTER.....great group of cats and their humans here. As you see, always someone to give answers and advice.

The New Orleans Kittieswavewelcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Aug 9 7:50 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My beloved cat is lost

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:21am PST 
We were about to make the same suggestion that Sonny did. And agree with what others said about putting out food in your yard and on your patio or porch....the stinkier the better, or a can of CHEAP sardines in oil....

Sending MASSIVE amounts of "COME HOME PURRS and PRAYERS"

[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Midnight the "Music Man" (RIP), Aug 15 7:08 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > REMEMBER LOUIS ARMSTRONG & CELEBRATE HIS LIFE

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sat May 5, '12 4:15pm PST 
The girls go over to the Buffett and fix their Uncle Simon several plates, makaing sure that he gets some of EVERY dish with shrimp in it. "Here you go, Uncle Simon, hope you enjoy the food. And don't forget to put on your bomber jacket, there are racks of them in the lobby, the boys jackets are either black or brown, and the girls have them in colors to compliment their fur."

Lizzie, Callie, Snowbell, Punkin - enjoying the party
[notify]

» There has since been 156 posts. Last posting by Sky, May 6 3:29 pm

Cats & Travel > Travelling across the Atlantic!

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 1:31pm PST 
I have only moved mine about eight miles from one home to another, but I know there are CATSTER members who can offer suggestions. One thing, be SURE, VERY, VERY SURE the doors to the carriers CANNOT come open. We have read of a few kitties being lost this way, some never found, and one found, but in such poor physical condition he later died. I have seen people recommend bungee cords, but think a small padlock on the cage door might do the trick.

Good luck, and keep us posted.....

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miss Elizabeth Bennett, Apr 23 1:31 pm

Kitten Corner > Kitten FEVER!
Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 1:23pm PST 
Our Meowmy said NO WAY!!!! She said we are at "Catpacity" now....., but does pray that all the kittens and puppies find good homes. And even better, that the humans who own the mamas and daddies of these babys, GET THEIR PETS SPAYED OR NEUTERED!!!!

[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Apr 23 8:32 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.