Postings by Rory

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Cat Health > Cat Attacked by a Raccoon
Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sat Oct 5, '13 10:43am PST 
Yes, this shows why it's important to keep the rabies booster up to date--even if there has never been a case in your area, if a kitty got bitten or scratched badly enough by anything not known to be vaccinated, and had to see a vet they could end up in quarantine while being monitored Sorry, Meowma is very afraid even though the disease is really pretty rare in the US--there are scary rabies videos on Youtube but she had to sit thru an entire hour of an even scarier older film made in Africa which freaked everyone watching out! But if you are vaccinated, even that remote chance goes away smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rory , Oct 5 10:43 am

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Thu Oct 3, '13 2:45pm PST 
It'as also important to know that even animals that are not the 'usual' carriers in your area can certainly still have rabies. Rabies can and does infect ANY mammal if they arebitten. Even a dog or cat bite should be treated as a possible source if that animal is unknown/unavailable to be inspected. That's why peopleget the whoe rabies protocol done if they are bitten by a dog that no one recognizes; if you wait to see what happens in the cae of unknowns, it's too late. I just had an 8 hour seminar on rabies and we even sawfilms of livestock with it which no one would suspect,i don't think.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rory , Oct 5 10:43 am

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Oct 2, '13 5:08pm PST 
Actually raccoons are one of the most common rabies carriers! I would at least call and check with your vet tosee what they say, better safe than sorry. Usually a booster is in order
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Rory , Oct 5 10:43 am

Senior Cats > The ups and downs of loving a very old furt.

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '12 8:15pm PST 
I don't know what you feed but nutro naturals and Pro Plan Indoor formulas do help the poo smell less bad, they do have some grain but if she tends to fatness just cut the amount of food. Hugs, and missing our old BooBoo
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Aug 25 3:56 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > At wits end over cat pee

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '12 8:12pm PST 
As usual, dodging rocks...this kitty apparently is full grown and is not real happy inside; she might just have to live outside and take her chances. If you can get a cat dence, I hear those do work well. Just be sure to use flea/parasite control. I still worry what happened to poor old ringo, who someone neutered and declawed as an adult after he had been feral and I later adopted--he was caught in AC's trap and I thought some jerk had thrown him out. But when i did some floor work involving chemicals and HAD to open windows here he hauled a... never to be seen again-- he had peed indoors here and there the whole time i had him, and alwayds wanted out; I hope he survived. But, to put my view on your questiuon, I had tried everythingunder the sun and he would still pee outside (and in) the box. I just think he REALLY didn't want to be inside and had he not been declawed I would have let him be ann indoor/mostly out kitty even though I strongly disagree with cats having unrestricted access to outside.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Aug 16 6:32 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 8:16pm PST 
Glad to see some 'fAKE CAT AUNTIES' ARE STILL AROUND. THE LAST 6 MONTHS HAS BEEN HORRENDOUS HERE. But we maintain ope!
I did get accepted into the vet tech college program smile and all kitts here are happy and etc.
oTHERWISE AFRAZZLED AND DISTRACTED--jANICE AND THE ga KITTIES
[notify]

» There has since been 60.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can't afford canned food anymore... $60/monthly budget to feed 3 cats, help?

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 8:05pm PST 
Yes, look for the AAFCO compliance label to meake sure it's a complete( 'no, not holistic or premium, but nutritionally complete) foodm not a snack, appetizer, or treat.
OP, if you want something a bit more nutritionally effiecient (less poo, more nutritionally compact0 Purina proPlan available at petSmart PetCo Pet Supp;y Plus, etc is a decent alteranative.
Having been thru the raw/holistic/premium/et al mill more times than I care to count, I DO find Purina to be very consistantly good quality food-- we feen ProPlan, also use Royal Canin. Canned around here means fANCY fEAST, pRO Plan, Friskies and equivalent generics detemined by Meowma putting on the reading gleasses and checking to see they are identical.
Being we have lots of cats of various age and conditions, show and breed kittens, we like being consistent, and having palatable food that everyone eats and gains or maintains condition on without refusing food, losing condition, getting diarrhea or other ill effects, etc.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Aug 29 11:12 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Should I get another cat?

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 4:46pm PST 
We think a 5-6 9monh old kitten might be :"just right"...old kitt can say when to stop, which will help the kitt, but the youngun will be afraid enough t listen. If you want to get a grown, senior cat, get the opposite sex...annd thanks for getting an 'oldie', you won;t regret.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rogue, Nov 15 2:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do you have a Pets Supplies Plus Preferred Pet Club card?

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '12 9:13pm PST 
THANKS A TON for sharing this!!!!!!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Aug 13 9:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > Need help with cats that need to lose weight.
Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:52pm PST 
We have so much trouble posting that we hardly ever do it anymore, but we awant to reminfd you that just as with people, genetics and metabolism matter; Maine Coons, Manxs,Ragdoll American shorthair as breed examples have lower metabolic rates (as do just-plain -cats like me with the big boy gene) and a little food goes a long way; the littlest Burmese girl here (5 pounds) would starve on what keeps Cruiser big, and Orientals and Siamese have high metabolism rates also. You have to figure in how active they are too; bottom line, if he isn't happy with less food, you have to go to a less fattening one.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Starbuck, Jul 18 8:59 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.