Page Links: 1  2  3  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Jimmy Riddle

I have come- home...maybe....

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '14 5:02am PST 
Piccie of the Jimmy Riddle?

Jan xx
[notify]

» There has since been -39.2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sep 15 3:41 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help with trapping a nice, but timid feral kitty
Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Tue Apr 23, '13 3:09am PST 
Oh so much good luck and good thoughts to you, Kitty Pryde and the feral boy.....I so hope he will let you keep him....but it may be that he will want to be out all the time, but will come to you for food...my stepdaughter has a feral cat like that...but, Oh I hope he will let you keep him....

But, as you say....one day at a time...

Jan

ps. Jimmy was the stray (not feral) that we caught in a cat-trap 2 and a half years ago.....
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Beep, Jul 12 8:03 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Rubbed off Neck Fur

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Sat Apr 6, '13 10:06am PST 
But MAKE SURE that the collar is one that will come apart if it gets caught on anything....they are brilliant....I have always had collars on my cats and, have to say, there were a couple of nasty occasions with the collars with buckles.....SO DO NOT GET THOSE.....now that my cats wear the collars that break apart with any pressure on the collar I am not worried about it at all....and, as Delyte said...cats without a collar are often seen to be stray......

cat on mooncat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jimmy Riddle, Apr 6 10:06 am

Cat Health > Kimba- That Indoor Cat that got bit by a Wild Snake INSIDE our home.

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Thu Mar 28, '13 10:06am PST 
Dear Kimba's Meouwmy.....I have been looking your furry family up on your home pages....they all three sound and look lovely...but especially Shmeg (is that right?)...she sounds wonderful and would be friends with my Tambolina if they could ever meet...!! Tambi is an evil little cow too...!!

But I think I know what you mean about Kimba...about the extra bit of love...and sadness...that you give to a cat who you know has had a bad time....

We have always, before, had our cats from being kittens....but we saved our cat Jimmy, Jimmy Riddle, from the terrible weather of 2010....he was an adult stray and we were able to catch him in a cat-trap borrowed from the local vets....

We do not know anything of his life before he came to us (the vet said he was about 5 years old)....but he is friendly, gentle, clean and very loving...but, every now and again, something reminds him of...what?...don't know....and he cowers and cringes in fear....and I cry a bit and try to cuddle him....

If he was a human, he would be 'the boy next door'...he would wear glasses and he would, perhaps, stammer a little....but he would be Oh, so dependable...and so loving and so giving.....Mind you, he does jump on me at about 6.00am every morning...too much...just too much.....

Dear Kimba's (and THE SHMEG'S) Meouwmy....if you send me your email address via pawmail, I could send you a picture of something really funny that THE SHMEG might like (for when she goes clubbing)....!!

Piccie of Jim coming up...but the post is from me - Jan, Tambolina and Jimmy Riddle....

Best wishes to all....but mainly to Kimba...

Jan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kimba, Mar 28 2:03 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Fri Mar 15, '13 8:31am PST 
Dear All Catster Folk...hope you enjoyed the story......!! Jimmy is sitting outside my little room...dreaming....I think....dreaming of his....his....tools?partyparty
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!
Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Fri Mar 15, '13 8:01am PST 
Hi Jan here again.....I have NEVER understood how anyone can think, believe or feel that THINGS are most important in their lives.....those that do are missing out on so much of love and of interest and of joy.....Truly, I don't understand it....

Some 12 years ago, my husband and I had the money to have our whole house decorated and all new furniture....and it looked lovely.....and, gawd, did I enjoy buying all the new stuff....oohhhhh, it was good...!! and we showed off a bit....yes, we did...!! BUT we had four cats even then....(one of them being the 'Dreaded Joseph Conrad' who spent his whole life peeing wherever he could find an un-pee'd-on space...!!)....and what with that and the puke stains and the squitty-poo stains and the climbing up the walls and the curtains and the furniture (WITH CLAWS) by a vast number of cats and kittens (we looked after the cats of a relative for a while and also had some foster kittens, as well as our own).....

Well.... party

Anyway....you can either guess about, or you have experience of, the 'on-going dereliction' of our house....!!! And we (me AND my husband both) would have had it no other way....for we both have had so much joy and love and laughter from all the kitties that have passed through our house and passed through our lives.....

Final thing....Jimmy....Jimmy Riddle....the stray cat we saved from dying in the terrible weather of December 2010.....Jimmy...Jimmy Riddle.....he must have been brought up in a good home, for he is so WELL-MANNERED.....he is a model pussy-cat...a model kitty....kind, gentle, delicate, pees only where he should and poos outside...BUT.....

And, this is my own fault....I bought him (in Toys R Us) a child's toy set of 'Painter's and Decorator's tools' (thinking that he should learn a proper trade before he grows up)....AND NOW....whenever we are not looking, he brings out his tools and a tin of the 'Nitromores' and STARTS ON THE WALLPAPER...!!

shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Cat Health > Is This True?

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '12 4:20am PST 
Hi...!! It's Jan here....Meouwmy of Jimmy Riddle and three other kitties (also of Joseph Conrad - but he has gone to Rainbow Bridge and his is another story...!!)

Anyway...I wanted to write to you yesterday, but I felt I had to wait and see what others said...especially regarding the rabies jab....I live in England and we do not have the rabies jab for our kitties (unless they are going abroad and coming back again)....but it seems to me that in a place where there is rabies, even if only potentially, then indoor and outdoor cats SHOULD all have the jab....

However, as far as the other jabs are concerned....this is where I am interested in what other people have to say.....

We have always had our cats given whatever injections are available...(our cats are always indoor/outdoor cats) and we have always got them when they were young and immediately had them given the injections....BUT we found Jimmy when he was about 5 years old....and he was big, beautiful and sparklingly clean....

Sorry for the long lead-up to the main point....!! But here we go.....We have had him for nearly two years now and we have never had him given any injections for anything....SHOULD WE? We just feel that if he was going to catch anything he would have done so by the time we found him...the other cats always have their injections every year so we feel that they are safe from anything they could catch from him....and if there is anything that they are not vaccinated against that he could give them...well...he's been with us for nearly two years now, so it is in 'the lap of the Gods'.....

As to the possible sarcoma at the injection site....yes, that has worried me....AND I have heard of it happening....but it has never happened to any of our cats over a....what? nearly 40 year period...although when Joseph Conrad was nearing his time for the Rainbow Bridge he lost all the fur around the injection site.....

Colin and Miss Lillie go to the Vets in August for their yearly overhaul and injections.....Tambolina goes to the Vets in December for hers....SHOULD I TAKE JIM as well when the Tambi goes?....should I start having him given all the injections? My gut feeling is that there is really no point....thoughts, please?

I am so sorry, if I seem to be 'muscling in' on this thread, but it IS relevant and, I suppose, more or less the same question....

Any thoughts?

Jan (and the Jimmy Riddle)
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Oct 15 1:18 pm

Cat Health > My Cat Can't Pee.....

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 3:43am PST 
Dear Mercy's Meouwmy.....I have been following this thread, as I also, have a cat with the tendency to get struvite crystals in his urine....

I haven't really had anything to add to the conversation up to now....but I just wanted to say that, although I am sure that BK is probably right about any dry food....my vet put Jim on Royal Canin Urinary S/O wet and dry which seem to suit him (touch wood) and I too would feel weird going against my vet's advice....

Jim seems to like the Royal Canin food very much, but I am daily expecting him to look up at me and say: 'Meouwmy, what is this crap? Isn't there anything else?'
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Sep 16 7:07 am

Cat Health > How Cold is Too Cold, Indoors?

Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Sun Dec 18, '11 3:59am PST 
Dear Mya and Meouwmy......it sounds like you have been given really good advice about keeping your cats warm in the Winter.....

The only thing I can add is that this time last December we had terrible, terrible weather - way below freezing for about 3 - 4 weeks.....and Jim was living as a stray in our neighbour's garage.....it was so cold that the food we took down to him froze almost as soon as we put it out......he was living in the roof area of the garage.....we eventually managed to catch him and he is now (more or less) an indoor cat....BUT HE LIVED AS A STRAY THROUGH THAT FREEZING WEATHER FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS.....(I think the 19th December is his 'Gotcha Day'......)

I think the main thing, as others here have said, is for the kitties not to be wet and cold at the same time.....and the young ones and the old ones need to be given enough warmth....but it seems to me that adult, healthy cats are very hardy and don't need to be mollycoddled.....

Just my opinion.....

Hugs and Headbonks

Jan (and Jim)
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mya, Dec 28 5:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best food for cat who has had lower urinary tract disease/feline cystitis
Jimmy Riddle

Purred: Wed Aug 3, '11 8:49am PST 
Dear Harley........It's Jimmy Riddle's Meouwmy here....Hi...!!!

I KNOW there are better things to eat to give to a cat who has the potential to form struvite crystals in their urine.....BUT Jim's vet told me to feed Jim Royal Canin Urinary S/O....and I am afraid to go against what he recommended.....if I don't trust my vet about Jim I feel I would end up in a deep, dark hole, grubbing around, not knowing where to go for the best.......

Jim has been on Royal Canin Urinary S/O for about 6 months now, I think.....and (touch wood) has had no recurrence of the problem.....so I am taking it a day at a time with him......

Poor Jimmy is only (about) 4 years old and, surely, will rebel eventually....I keep expecting him to look up at me one time when I feed him and say: 'Oh, no, Meouwmy....not this crap AGAIN....!!!

When that day comes I will HAVE TO re-think......!!!

He has both wet food and dry food S/O stuff.....

Please don't tell me off good people and pussycats....I do what I can for him, but I HAVE to trust my vet at present, or I would be lost....

Dear Harley.....better for you to listen to those who know better what they are talking about.....

All good thoughts to you and your Meouwmy.....it is SUCH a worry having a cat with this problem.....

Jan and Jim
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 4 9:10 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.