Postings by Einstein

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cat Health > chronic bladder cystitis
Einstein

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 6:22am PST 
i don't know if a second opinion would help much. i've done enough research, we've been through this before, and i've seen the results from the tests...i'm going to get him in for another urinalysis probably this week and perhaps more pain meds. if it is a behavioral problem, i don't know what to do for that either other than to try a calming collar, which may or may not help. the feliway plug in won't work in my house because it's a closed type floor plan and einstein doesn't spend more time in any one room.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 10 3:35 pm

Einstein

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 5:31am PST 
ok, i'm starting to be at my wit's end. einstein has been on the cosequin for a month and a half now. i thought he might be feeling better because i hadn't caught him peeing anywhere abnormal yet, but i just caught him peeing in my dog's crate and now my whole room smells like cat pee. i don't know what else to do for him. if i can't get this resolved soon, he might have to be euthanized... frown i can't deal with him peeing places other than the litterbox. i live in a house with roommates, not all are super fond or forgiving of cats. does anyone have any suggestions of other things to try?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 10 3:35 pm

Einstein

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 7:40am PST 
he had his teeth cleaned in march and they did bloodwork before that to make sure he was okay for the anethesia. that all came back normal. granted, that was awhile ago, but the problems started to show up again not too long after that. also, when he had his last flare up, they did the same bloodwork before they did the biopsy on he inflammation and that was fine. the vet didn't seem to concerned about the kidney function. i just don't know what else to do. he's on pain meds, but he's still peeing places that aren't the litter box.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 10 3:35 pm

Einstein

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '12 3:37pm PST 
we did an ultrasound on both the bladder and the kidneys mostly because there was a chance that he had a stone. his urine ph was about 6.5. no stones at all. everything looked great except his bladder wall was a bit thicker than it should have been because it's inflammed. we haven't done bloodwork though. what would you look for with the bloodwork?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 10 3:35 pm

Einstein

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '12 12:36pm PST 
2 years ago, einstein had his first flare up of cystitis. he was peeing blood and went to the bathroom often. well, we got that under control with an anti-iflammatory and pain medication along with a diet change to watered down canned food. a couple weeks ago, i noticed him peeing on stuff in my house other than the litter box and beating up on my other cat. after a urinalysis at the vet, we discovered he was having another flare up. we tried pain meds and a couple rounds of laser therapy, but he's still having issues. i ran out of pain meds for like a day and caught him peeing on my dog's bed and he attacked lexi again. my question is: what else can i do? he's already getting lots of water in his diet. i will get my hands on a calming collar this week and i have begun supplementing his diet with a capsule of glucosimine every day.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 10 3:35 pm

Cat Health > two cats with bladder issues
Einstein

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '12 8:01pm PST 
einstein was at the vet today. he has been peeing places other than his litter box and acting agitated. we did a urinalysis and found lots of blood yet if the again. now, the vet said that his ph was a 6.5, so there is a possibility, which we think is small, that there could be a stone in there. so, we're treating him for the cystitis flare up and we're going to do another urinalysis in two weeks. if there is still blood there, we'll do an ultrasound to see if there's a stone.

the vet mentioned that doing a glucosamine supplement might help with inflammation. has anyone tried this?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Einstein, Sep 12 8:01 pm

Cat Health > two cats with bladder issues

Einstein

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 4:05pm PST 
both of my cats have had their respective bladder issues.

eintstein had some sort of thickening of his bladder wall which caused bleeding and inflammation of his bladder. we biopsied it and it simply came back as an inflammation. the vet was confused and we put him on some anti-inflammatories and it seemed to clear up. at the last ultrasound that he had, the inflammation was still there, although much smaller. so, i'm thinking he still deals with some level of discomfort.

lexi blocked up as a two year old. i think due to the stress of einstein feeling better and trying to hassel her. she didn't block up because of stones, nope, it was a whiteish sludge that the vets couldn't test.

as a result, they are both on grain free canned food only diets with added water. they both pee several times a day.

the last couple weeks, however, i've noticed that someone's urine smells stronger than normal and someone, pretty sure it's lexi (she's been a stand-while-i-pee cat for awhile), is really standing higher than normal when she pees.

i don't know what to do. i spend so much energy worrying about their bladders. i already feed them an a appropriate diet. i keep their litter box clean and deep. ahh, i'm stressed.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Einstein, Sep 12 8:01 pm

Cat Health > seasonal allergies

Einstein

Purred: Mon May 7, '12 8:59pm PST 
einstein has always had seasonal allergies. every spring, his ears get waxy and itchy and at some point, he scratches so much that he scratches the skin in front of one or both ears raw. the sores always seem to just appear out of nowhere one day. i don't know that his ears are bothering him that bad until i see the sores frown

this year, they seem to be worse for him- and me! the day before yesterday, i noticed a pretty decent sized sore in front of one of his ears...he's a long hair, so his hair helps to hide the sores too. i put the cone on him and put some antibiotic cream on it bc it looked a little gross. he's been wearing the cone ever since except for mealtime. the sores are healing. the gross one is scabbed over and looks to be fine. i've also been cleaning his ears out a couple times a day with an ear cleaner to try to dry some of the extra wax. no earmites and neither ear smells stinky, just smell like ears...

question is: is there anything else i can do to soothe his ears?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, May 26 8:25 pm

Food & Nutrition > not all grain free is created equal

Einstein

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '12 8:33pm PST 
watch out for sorghum as well. it is similar to corn. i know eukanuba uses it in their dog foods to try to fool people because they probably don't know what it is.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 2:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > not all grain free is created equal
Einstein

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '12 9:30am PST 
I work at a pet supplies store, so I spend a lot of time dealing with questions about pet food. I just wanted to point out that I've noticed something about grain free dry foods. The latest trend in cat food is grain free (which is good!) however, not all grain free foods are created equally. For example, Science Diet recently came out with a new grain free food. I was intrigued so I picked up a bag and looked at the ingredients. Yes, chicken was the first ingredient, BUT there was not chicken meal and there were plenty of the same carb loaded, cost efficient ingredients that are in their normal Science Diet foods. Just beware of grain free foods. This new Science Diet food claims to be grain free and yes, it seems to be, but there's not much meat in it at all and there can still be lots of carbs and crap without the grains. Buyer beware!!
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 2:28 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.