Postings by Nandi

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Senior Cats > Kuma-Neko turned 20 last month
Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:53pm PST 
That is awesome! Happy birthday Kuma-Neko! May your years be full, happy and carefree! Much
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jacks, Jul 1 9:15 pm

Behavior & Training > How to stop paper shredding
Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:48pm PST 
My two little kitten demons checked out the TP a few times and were having fun with it as well. I was able to deter them by chasing them out of the bathroom and making sure that the roll never hung down to attract their attention. Otherwise, they have fallen in love with a cardboard scratcher and are content to take their frustrations out on it. Squirt bottles and redirection are key, at least in my experience. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nandi, Jun 29 9:48 pm

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 10:01pm PST 
We named ours after a few days to a week of observation after we adopted them from the local humane society. My Nandi.....we ended up settling on that because she was a bit of a bull and stubborn (still is) and she had the dot as if she was Indian or Hindu...and our Miss Isabelle....she's definitely our little princess and Miss Priss....It just took us a couple days to a week of observation and interaction to determine what fit them just right....
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Poop Spreading?!

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 1:25pm PST 
My guess also would be that he had a "hanger" as we tend to call them at my house. Every now and again Nandi will get one and I've found little poop smears on my floors and a little turd (thank god for hardwood floors being easy to clean!) Moe probably just wanted to get it off of himself. I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes a recurring thing.

Mol at Hunter- indeed, poop does happen! laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 21 6:11 pm

Grooming > Cat Dandruff

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Tue Jan 17, '12 1:31pm PST 
Mine get the occasional dandruff too but mostly only in the winter months. It's not really too noticeable until I brush or scratch their "butts" (I call it their butt- the lower back right before their tail). I've been thinking about turning up the humidifier to see if that helps any (it helps dry human skin so I don't think it can hurt).
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 12:06 am

Cat Health > Black whisker?
Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 1:58pm PST 
Nandi has big white whiskers but if you look at her eyebrow whiskers from the top, you can see one or two black ones. If you look at her straight on though you'd never notice it. I think it's just a fun quirk. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nandi, Jan 13 1:58 pm

Behavior & Training > cats being able to love?

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 12:09pm PST 
I completely disagree with your husband. Of course cats can love. Why else would they be so happy to see us when we come home each day? I have two cats so they have companionship during the daytime but they're still happy when we come home (and not hungry yet mol!) Why else would they come to us when we're sad for comfort or come to us for comfort if they are sick? My kitties follow us around the house and oftentimes want to be in the same room as one of us, even if it's just hanging out on their cat house or by the heater. They give kisses, cuddles and legs rubs to my bf and me but not to other friends or family that come over. Once that bond is created, it's unconditional. They love us fat or thin, rich or poor, sick or ill.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nuk Anuk, Jan 11 9:06 pm

Cat Health > Recurring Upper Respiratory Infection?

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 11:28am PST 
Ah so they are more prone to get them again once they have it once? I wasn't sure if that was the case. It is odd that only poor Nandi gets them and not Izzy but I guess one sick cat is better than two.

Nandi's sneezing a little but not really congested from what I can tell- I can hear her breathing and it's normal. She's a bit of a chub and she's still trying to steal her sister's food like usual...mol!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 3:08 pm

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 10:39am PST 
It was over a year ago so right off the bat I can't remember what the vet had prescribed. When I was looking at posts yesterday, something with a "T" sounded familiar but I may well be wrong. I wasn't super surprised when she caught something as a kitten since it could have been a holdover from either her or her sister being at the shelter but now she's not outdoors or around any other cats to catch anything- unless we have germy hitchhikers.

I also wondered if maybe she just doesn't have as good of an immune system just like some of us humans. I don't get sick easily at all and tend to be a carrier but pass the germs off to my bf...oops! Maybe it works the same with cats. I wasn't aware though that there were regular vitamins that I could give her.

When I went home last night she looked a bit better and even better this morning- her eye stopped watering and gooping (that's a technical term I'm sure) and was much wider and brighter. I just needed to wipe her fur clean with a cotton ball and saline. Go figure, I start to worry if she's ok and then she starts to kick it.

I'll definitely keep the other ideas in mind as well when I see the vet. Thanks for the advice! I've always grown up with cats, as has my bf, but this is the first that we've on our own had kittens grow into adults and be the sole deciders on when/if they need to go to the vet, etc so it leaves us both sometimes with questions.smile
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 3:08 pm

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Tue Jan 10, '12 11:37am PST 
I'm wondering if my Nandi has another upper respiratory infection. Just over a year ago, when she was only a few months old, Nandi got an URI- she was congested and sneezing (you could hear the stuffiness as she breathed) and both of her eyes were getting goopy. The vet gave her an oral antibiotic, an eye ointment and some Viralys. She cleared up well and all seemed great.

Well this weekend her one eye started getting watery and kind of goopy. Sometimes in the mornings she looks a bit better but later in the day it seems more apparent again. I've made her an appt to see the vet on Thursday (2 days from now). That's my best guess as to what it is, but I'm not a Dr.

Have any of you had issues with recurring URI's in your cats? I had been giving them the Viralys until I ran out of it a few months ago and just hadn't gotten more. Do you just always give it to them as a preventative from getting another URI/help them fight it off on their own? Do they still occasionally get them and have to see the vet?

Nandi and her sister Izzy (not littermates but are only a day apart in age and raised together since 11wks) are both indoor cats and only poor Nandi seems to get the colds. Or is this virus one of those annoying things that always stay in their system and can just periodically crop up- almost like a herpes virus? She's acting fine- playing and happy like normal and I'm not too worried since she'll see the doc in a few days but I was just wondering what your experiences with this are.

I saw a cat up for adoption at the local Petco and he was blind in one eye and had a permanently watery one from a wicked URI when he was younger. I know that's extreme but it scares me to think about that happening to my baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 3:08 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.