(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Chango has passed away
Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 4:43pm PST 
So sorry, will keep you in thoughts and prayers
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Turbo - In Loving Memory, Aug 8 8:56 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Blazer's sister Tootsie has joined her at the Rainbow Bridge
Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Fri Jul 22, '11 7:05pm PST 
So sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
"If there ever comes a time when we can't be together, keep me in your heart & I'll stay there forever" Winnie the Pooh
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tootsie (Bravest angel of all), Jul 22 6:48 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Miss Charlotte, we let you down, I am so sorry...we loved you so.

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 2:11pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss but you did not let Miss Charlotte down, you did what was right but something happened which you had no control over. She knew that you loved her very much and she loved you in return. She is now over the bridge with many of our loving kitties and out of pain, feeling like a kitten again. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Claire, Rupert, Katie, Zira and Angel Callie(who we just lost on Monday)
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Psycho 5/2010 - 07/18/2011, Jul 23 11:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Cat throws up higher grade canned food

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Thu Jul 7, '11 10:25am PST 
Thank you so much for your imput. In my research I did wonder about the Wellness buyout and that info I have read and must say that I have to agree with you on that brand.A lot say they are having problems now that they did not have before. Do you have a brand that your kitties love? I did find that 3 or mine really like the Soulistic from Petco(made by Wervua) Halo was a no go with all of them, BG was a hit one day and miss the next... You know how that goes!! Just bought some Innova, but that was another not so good buyout I think, with P&G with the EVO and Nutura brands.I guess I will just have to try one or two cans at a time and make note of the ones they like. Thanks again
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Aug 17 3:06 pm

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Wed Jul 6, '11 6:25pm PST 
Thank you all for the great tips. I will have to take more notice to see if it one thing in the list that may be a factor, but it is mostly all higher grain free I have tried. None of mine can handle anything with beef, so I pretty much stay away from that. No problems with FF classics or some Friskies. If I try to add a little more of the "better" foods should I stay with adding one brand like Wellness until we get that to stay down and then just add more Wellness slowly until she can handle all Wellness and then try another brand. I have tried so many and what is good is that she is pretty willing to eat any wet, only 1 or 2 brands she would not even touch.I also use a stick mixer to blend the chunky or sliced flavors into pate, as my other cat Rupert gets Miralax mixed in for constipation/early megacolon problems. And I know that my last holdout kitty Zira will be an ongoing project with switching to wet, she has always been a kibble only girl and will take longer/slower than all the rest who are pretty much ready for all wet now.Thanks again for all the advice.
Claire & kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Aug 17 3:06 pm

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 2:05pm PST 
I am trying to switch to all canned food for my 4 cats. But I have a question about my 14 year old who loves canned foods. Having been doing some fancy feas classics along with some higher grade grain free brands, Katie has no problem with FF but if I give her Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Halo etc, she throws it up. I have even tried to do 1/2 and 1/2 and up it comes. She has always had a somewhat sensitive stomach so I always switch very slowly with anything. Can the higher protein cause bouts of IBS? @ others are doing well with switch and overweight Zira just wants no part of canned. I know I cannot let her go without food for too long, but how long until she gets hungry is safe...24hrs? Thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Aug 17 3:06 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > BooBoo has left the Shanty...

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 20, '11 2:42pm PST 
So sorry for your loss. BooBoo is feeling no pain now and is with our other Angel Kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Jul 30 8:22 pm

Cat Health > Scratched Eye for kitten

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Sun Jun 12, '11 5:28pm PST 
Yes there is, when my kitty had a eyelid/corner of eye scratch the vet checked and all was OK but told me to soak a cotton ball/pad in some milk and try to just hold it on the eye for a little. Milk is soothing for eye problems. Maybe this will ease it up until you can see or talk to the vet. Hope this helps!
Claire & Rupert
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kloey, Jun 13 6:33 am

Cat Health > Probiotics and constipation

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Sat Jun 11, '11 7:36pm PST 
I give my Rupert 1/8 tsp of Miralax 2x a day in some wet food as he suffers from constipation/early megacolon. It depends on if Furman just suffers from just regular constipation at times or is this an ongoing problem? A mobility issue is a whole other story.Vet told us that Rupert had megacolon and was days away from having his colon removed when we read on the yahoo megacolon forum to try miralax and that was almost 1 year ago, pooping daily with no problems. I did change him to eating more wet food and some low fiber dry. Pumpkin can add fiber which will bulk up his stool and make it hard to pass, the miralax is a stool softener. Are Furman's stools hard? large? or just tiny nuggets here and there? I would suggest you try the miralax for a few weeks and see if that helps, it does take a few day to a week or so for it to take effect and start working but the sooner the better so it does not lead into megacolon.Hope this helps!
Claire & Rupert
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hazel Lucy, Charles Dorney, Ma, Jun 13 3:45 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Hi there!
Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Mon Jun 6, '11 3:32pm PST 
Hello and Welcome Cora!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tink the Cat, Jun 7 8:54 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.