GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Wed Mar 27, '13 7:10pm PST 
hughugPurrs for allhughug

Also wanted to update you all on my condition. It has almost been two months since my surgery & I am recovering very well. I still need to regain muscle mass on the side that I had my surgery (mostly my leg) and get my strength 100% back to normal. I am starting to run again big grin. Still keeping our fingers crossed that my other hip remains unbroken. Thanks everyone for sending me your positive thoughts during my difficult time. hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19848.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Thu Feb 14, '13 10:36am PST 
hugPurrs to allhug

Also thank you all for sending purrs my way. It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and I am doing great. Went for a check up the other day and the vet says everything looks really good but I still have quite a bit of recovery left. There is also a good chance I will always have a limp but if things keep up the way they are it should only be a small one. The biggest worry right now is that I have a 38% chance of breaking the other hip, and if that does happen it will most likely go in the next 6 to 12 months. We are keeping our fingers crossed that does not happen!

wishes
[notify]

» There has since been -19779.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '13 7:21pm PST 
hugPurrs for allhug

Could I have some purrs too? I recently broke my hip and will be having surgery tomorrow morning to repair it. Hopefully after this surgery I will regain all mobility and no longer be in pain.
[notify]

» There has since been -19748.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Kitten Corner > How were you named?

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:05am PST 
What a fun thread! Very interesting to see how every cat got their name. smile

Charlie's name is inspired by 2 people. When Charlie found us we weren't even going to name him (because he was suposed to only be a foster)but then we decided what the heck lets just name him.After going through a bunch of random names I decided he needed to be named after a Lost character (the show had just ended & I was really missing it), & so he was named Sawyer for about a week. But some of my family members didn't love the name so we tossed around a few more & then I suggested Charlie and argued that with the name not only could he be named after the best (and my favorite) Lost character but also Charlie Chaplin which worked for him because Chaplin was a black & white movie actor and the cat is black & white. The name fit him well & the everyone liked it.

Dora was named because when she was very young & still on the bottle and trying to get a hang of the whole walking and balance thing, she would always surprise us by how much she would want to explore things. She was this itty bitty runty kitten who was a slow & wobbly when walking, but here she was trying to climb our couch or attempt to hike up our arms so she could perch ontop of our heads. We would call her our little explorer & so when we decided she needed a name Dora (the explorer) seemed very fitting. We did name her when she was only a foster & we had no plans of adopting her and to be honest if we knew we were going to keep her we probably would have named her something else but the name really does suit her & I don't know if I could see her with any other name.
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Mordecai Sabestain, Jul 8 4:29 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Tue Oct 2, '12 9:13pm PST 
hugPurrs for everyonehug
[notify]

» There has since been -19448.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Kitten Corner > I\'m Jacob!!!
Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Thu Mar 10, '11 1:42pm PST 
Hi Jacob!

You sure are a handsome tuxedo guy! And we kinda have the same facial markings! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Mar 28 6:13 pm

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Mon Feb 28, '11 7:09pm PST 
Purrring for allhug Especially our pal Ollie, get well soon bud! Try to keep the bandage on this time, too!wink
[notify]

» There has since been -16865.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Sat Feb 5, '11 1:57pm PST 
Thanks again everyone for all the purrrs! Boxie B you can take me off the list now. My lip has gotten a lot better! Especially since the peeps changed out our plastic food dishes for ceramic ones & have been keeping a closer eye on me when I go on the back porch so I don't chew
on the plants. Thanks again pals!hug

hugPurrrrrrrring for allhug
[notify]

» There has since been -16634.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:02pm PST 
Thanks for all the purrs pals, they are working! My swelling went down a little today! And sadly the snow storm got so bad the vet closed today & possibly tomorrow so we will have to continue to wait to see his opinion.

hugPurrring for allhug
[notify]

» There has since been -16599.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:28pm PST 
hugThank you allhug

Purrrrring for all in need.wishes
[notify]

» There has since been -16591.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.