Postings by Sebastyan

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Articles and Books?

Sebastyan

Purred: Sat Mar 8, '14 8:32pm PST 
Hi I have been considering feeding the raw diet to my cat but he only likes pate I can almost never get him on eating meat bits, and he likes dry food. I figured if I did ever get him on raw diet I would have to work with that.

I was hoping for some book recommendation and to articles and/or books. I own a kindle so any kindle books are good too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 9 2:29 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Potential New Cat Adopter Here -- Needs Advice
Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:36pm PST 
Oh I use to think of myself as a dog person up until I ran into a friend who had like 6-10 cats? some were indoors others outdoors, it was a family that pretty much couldn't say no to a cute face. I realize there are toys for cats to play with and that a cat is nothing like a dog. (that is a huge step in my 12 year old mind)

One toys, rabit fur mice good, feather toys good. They do play with pipecleaners and hairbands. My cat personally loves pens and straws.

Litterboxes and dogs< Oh boy I would suggest getting a large plastic rubbermaid but doggies love kitty poo, and will try to eat it. So some people just make holes in the box so they can see out and get in and out without dogs coming in.
If you have small dogs, this will be a challenge, we have had ways to set up a cat door to the litter box in the garage but sometimes that isn't easy. Just find out what works for you. Autmated litter box will cut down on that issue too.

Cats take time to adapt to surrondings so it can take a month for her to settle in, give them a place to escape. (like the cat tree) the cat should have multiple high places to hang out on.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 8:49 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Introducing new kitten to older cat, wanting both to be happy and comfortable!

Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:12pm PST 
=_= I'm not trying to say that to be mean, but on the bright side at least she isn't 10 or more.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 7:19 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Introducing new kitten to older cat, wanting both to be happy and comfortable!

Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:00pm PST 
Hey, I would suggest reading Cat vs. Cat.

One get a towel and let the kitten get it's scent especially that facial smell (behind the cheeks) on the towel. Then bring the towel out for the older kitty to check out. As do visa versa for the other adult for the kitten.

Your cat isn't old but 7 is begining of senior years, so probably a bad choice getting a single kitten instead it is reccommended to get a pair so they can keep each other entertained.

Adding an extra ingredient can change things but it really depends on the situation.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 7:19 pm

Siamese > I have a new Meezer mix!

Sebastyan

Purred: Thu Sep 16, '10 11:24pm PST 
Sebby was listed as Siamese mix, though truthfully I questioning if it could be a Snowshoe, or Ragdoll mix. Since I know we do have at least one backyard breeder who does Ragdolls. Yes he talkative, its perfect balance of it too. Say hello when I come home and during feedings, sometimes for the heck of it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sebastyan, Sep 16 11:24 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > One cat or two?
Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Sep 15, '10 11:09pm PST 
Oh well if your friends have kittens, though I think maybe checking out a shelter or rescue. Its good to look around before deciding on your future cat. Two means twice the vet bills, but less worry when your away like overnight. I only have one kitty but he is very bossy and dominant. Though if you do have outdoor cat visitors be careful. In Cat vs. Cat I read the scent of outdoor rivals does add stress to indoor hierachy.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Persephone Alice Bomballerina, Sep 16 10:05 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.