Postings by Pickles & Cinders

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cats and a Clean Home > nervous about house developing "cat smell"
Pickles &- Cinders

Look at me! - Look at me!

Purred: Sat Sep 14, '13 2:52pm PST 
"Cat smell" is definitely due to not scooping litter each time they poop and pee, and if your cat is having urinary problems and not using the box. The first is easy to do, and the other is just about paying attention to your cat. If he/she is having litter issues, it's usually do to an underlying health problem. Not that I want to scare you, but it can happen. That being said, don't worry and just love your kitties. We've lived in many an apartment with two cats and a dog, and have never had a smell. kissing
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Oct 3 5:07 pm

Senior Cats > Shadow crossed the bridge today......
Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Tue Aug 27, '13 11:25am PST 
Mom of Pickles and Cinders here. Sooo sorry for your losses! We recently lost our dear Cinders to cancer in May.....You are in my thoughts and prayers. little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Aug 27 11:25 am

Kitten Corner > Kitten Pooping Everywhere. Help!!

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 11:24am PST 
I hope it was clear that when I said "locked them in with the box," I meant in a room! Not IN the box, lol.big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 28 10:42 pm

Kitten Corner > Kitten Pooping Everywhere. Help!!

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 8:15am PST 
Hi there!

Sometimes kittens need more time to learn the ropes....I know with our cats, which were kittens when we got them, we closed them in with the box for a long while. Just so they know that THIS is where we go potty. Kittens being babies, have shorter attention spans, and smaller bowels, so it can be hard for them to hold and know where to go when they are small and have a whole house to take in. Just re-teach them. Good luck! kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Aug 28 10:42 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > littler types you like

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 9:55am PST 
I used to use Feline Pine Pellets, but my Pickles wasn't very enthusiastic about it. She would carefully step in it, and then book her butt right out of there before finishing! eek So I found Feline Fresh scoopable/clumping, and they love it. It is a pine litter, but it's fine texture is so appealing to the girls. They love to scratch around in it, and it smells fresh. I can't smell any pee. Natural, safe to inhale and ingest, and biodegradable!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tabitha, May 9 9:36 pm

Cat Health > Natural Flea Prevention...Ideas?
Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 10:29am PST 
I've definitely heard of this diatomaceaous earth. The only concern I have about it, is that silica, which is in it, can be a issue when inhaled in the lungs. It never goes away....Any other thoughts? Does anyone know of any herbal remedies that can be sprinkled or rubbed on?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Apr 28 10:29 am

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 5:20pm PST 
Wow, I must have say that my brain-to-typing skills were obsolete for this thread!eek Usually I make more sense than that I swear....Let me rephrase that.

My cats have had fleas in the past, having caught them from human-cat contact because my neighbor's cats had them....This only happened one time many years ago. Fleas are not a typical issue for us, but I'd like to find a natural method that would deter fleas from my home and kitty girls. Any suggestions? Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Apr 28 10:29 am

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 11:31am PST 
Hi All,

My cats are strictly indoors, but they do travel by car with us many times a year. Neither of my girls have fleas, but I've always used Frontline or Advantage II because my neighbor's cats had fleas and my guys caught them just from human-cat contact. I want to change that, and use a natural method since fleas are not an issue for us. I keep a very clean and tidy house. Any good ideas?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pickles & Cinders, Apr 28 10:29 am

Senior Cats > Senility

Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Tue Oct 4, '11 3:13pm PST 
My girls aren't there yet, but are 12 years old. Aww poor aging kitties....All I can say is be there to comfort them in their old age little angel . Gotta love cats, young and old!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jun 17 1:15 pm

Grooming > OMG - Furminator - endless process or what???
Pickles &- Cinders

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 11:32am PST 
I love my Furminator, but yes you can overdo it! I found some thin patches on Pickles flanks from brushing too often. But I will say that it has decreased shedding, and my cats love it! They come when they see the brush, and will let me brush for 5 minutes or so before getting restless. Cinders doesn't shed quite as much, but it has decreased the hairballs I usually find a few days a week.

Also, if you're looking for own check Amazon. I found mine for $20, and it was worth every penny!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Aug 22 5:37 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.