Postings by Emma

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Raw Food Diet > Supplements and raw food diet
Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Fri Aug 9, '13 2:29am PST 
I grind and freeze and use the missing link supplement which has all the taurine, omega 3's and everything else they could need. Although Im not 100% on raw yet because they aren't to thrilled with it yet. So we still feed TOTW until we get there.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 8 6:28 am

Raw Food Diet > Is it safe to feed only fish?
Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Thu Aug 8, '13 2:27am PST 
My kitties have no desire for any chicken pork hamburger turkey etc. Would it hurt if I just switched off fish types? Are there any fish they shouldn't have? shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Aug 8 4:57 am

Raw Food Diet > Newbie to raw feeding. Help?!

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:57pm PST 
Oh and I read dogs should eat 3% of their body weight where as cats should eat 6-8% of their body weight. Is that true?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:54pm PST 
I actually did buy a grinder I just don't mention it because I know some people are TOTALLY against it. Especially on the Dogster forums. I'm still waiting for it to get here, it should be here sometime next week. I did also read about the turine and bought a turine supplement. Because I was told if you grind meat it takes a lot of the turine out of it.

I do have one more question, our mouser mostly outdoor kitty Tigger LOVES to cautch and eat anything he can mice squirrels baby rabbits. BUT inside he doesnt want canned or tuna, he only likes dry kibble. Im afraid he wont take to raw? suggestions? Also I was told with my dogs to fast them for a day and then start them cold turkey. No slow introduction, is it the same with cats?

Thanks for the links guys! hail
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 3:01pm PST 
Well my brother Tigger and I share our home with 8 canine siblings. We love them all and they are great fun! They can be weird sometimes, like doing WHATEVER mom tell them. SMH!

Anywho momma has been researching and researching on starting the furry barkers on raw food. And we're like hey mom what about us? And mom realized she knows nothing about raw feeding kitties. She's spent weeks researching for the dogs but what about us? She says she cant seem to find much information on it for kitties. Would you guys be so kind as to fill her in. She says she would be forever grateful! thinking hail wave
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jul 16 4:00 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Feral cat with great potential! PLEASE HELP!!
Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Nov 29, '10 7:57pm PST 
Ok hey cat people I need your help!! My husband went to the gas station the other night and saw a momma cat and a litter of kittens. We set humane traps and caught 2 of the kittens. One is about 2-3 mths old and is very terrified but tame. The other one is about 5 mths old and is feral but not completley feral. He's scared of us but seems to have GREAT potential. He lets us change the litter box food water etc and even pet him just will not let us pick him up.

I think he's young enough to be rehabilated and become a loving pet. But I cant find any feral cat programs. We were going to have them both fixed and then release them. BUT one is human friendly and the other has great potential. I live in Acampo, California. If anyone knows of any programs within like an hour I'd take him there.

But with my own dogs and cats I really can NOT keep a feral cat. We are going to keep the friendly kitten until we find it a home. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tabitha, Dec 9 3:11 pm

Behavior & Training > Take pitty on me I really need help! Declawing?

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Thu Sep 23, '10 12:45am PST 
Ok Guys I really need some advice. I have an appointment next friday to have Emma spayed! I also requested info on declawing. Now before you through the book at me hear me out.

We simply adore Emma she is sweet, cuddly, beautfiul and very very playful! But at the same time she is VERY tenacious, destructive and hyper hyper. I know its a part of the breed. Well I do now honestly I didnt know much about her when I got her and the rescue was kind enough to tell me background story but not about her breed.

Anyway when she is not destroying my furniture and bedding she is shredding anything she can get her claws on. INCLUDING MY WALLS! We tried trimming them as far back as we could safley and it didnt help she still destroyed everything. We bought soft claws and it didnt even take two days for her to figure out how to rip them off. I even tried soaking them in "bitter apple" and it didnt help but the first 5 minutes!

We play with her snuggle with her she has HUNDRENDS of toys and about 10 stratching posts/boards/poles/door hangers. We take her outside on her harness and long training lead everyday fully supervised. Tigger our other cat is terrified of her because she is really rough with him and he is a very mellow easy going cat. He runs if she comes anywhere near him.

The dogs all adore her and play with her. But still she is so hyper and destructive. She never goes outside unsupervised. And my husband and I have discussed maybe she is just not the right cat for us. But my 5 year old daughter is absolutley in love with her. And I really dont believe in "getting rid of" an animal. Until all other options are gone through. My husband keeps saying "why havent you gotten rid of her yet." And I keep putting it off, I really dont want to.

Do you guys think declawing her (front paws only) would be a good idea. Id really rather not its expensive AND I really dont want to do it to her. But Im not rich and she is destroying everything in our home. What do I do?
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Sep 24 4:12 pm

Cat Health > How old are cats when they go into heat?

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Mon Aug 30, '10 1:32am PST 
Thank you guys so much. So basically asap right? Tigger is neutered and she doesn't go outside so I know she'll be fine. NO KITTIES here!! We have enough lol

She hasn't gotten her rabies shot yet you think she'll be ok to spay now? I had a dog years ago spayed with one of those vouchers I'll have to look into that. Thanks so much again everyone.

One more question guys? Do you think it will calm her down she's driving me a little bonkers recently! big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 6:16 pm

Cat Health > How old are cats when they go into heat?

Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Sat Aug 28, '10 3:45am PST 
Hey guys I've always been a dog person. Know almost everything there is know about them. But when it comes to cats I'm a complete ditz.

I want to have her spayed but have been a little short on fundage recently. When do females go into heat for the first time? Is it like dogs at 6 months and then every six months after that? She just turned six months and want to have

her spayed before she goes into heat. Thanks guys.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 6:16 pm

Kitten Corner > How to keep an indoor cat inside with a dog door?
Emma

The Energizer- Kitty

Purred: Sun Aug 1, '10 12:45am PST 
Thanks so much guys! I did know about the auto dog doors with the collar attachments. BUT I have 6 dogs and most only work with up to 4 or 5 collar attachments. She is pretty tiny. And not only is it not safe because she'd get lost but we have coyotes, hawks, feral cats, neighbors large gaurd dogs so its not safe for her outside. She only weighs about 5 lbs. But the litter box we have for her is the inclosed box with the flap so she knows how to operate the flap. Otherwise the dogs would get into it. I'll look into all the suggestions. And I can NOT get rid of the dog door. I would go back to being a slave of the door. I was up and down every 5 minutes before to let them in and out. Thanks again guys!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Emma, Aug 1 12:45 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.