GO!

Senior Cats > Hot temps outside for my outdoor stray/feral cat

Sugar Mae

Black- Pearl,

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 9:11am PST 
relieved My Nommie was in same purrdic-ament with me , I was declawed, lived outside under a R.V. trailer for about 4-5 yrs. it took noms awhile of bringing me in and not letting me out until she wanted too or I got ready to eat noms before she would let me out, I bellowed alot and she would hold me & tell me it was O.k.When I did go outside with my feral defender Morso he was 14 & I was 8, she made an insulated cat house with a bed & would put a wet towel in our bed, we were hot & we really liked it in. She put ice cubes & some gatorade in our water.(Don't know how she got the gators in there shrug And she also would bring us in and wipe us down with a wet cloth. WE cats do not pant to keep cool like a dog, we sweat through our feet we don't have some kind of regulator Noms says. I no longer want anything to do with outside it took her about 4 mos. straight of bringing me in but I would not go outside now for anything cuz someone cut my toes off & I can't climb or defend myself & my feet hurt a lot outside it's much softer inside.BE VIGILANT & you can make this cat an inside cat were it belongs.If you need any pointers on how to deal with declawed cats & how to make life easier inside, Noms says let her know & she will give you some pointers what ever they are.Purrs to you.kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 9:11 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.