GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cats and a Clean Home > Working with rescues with Giardia
Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '12 6:42pm PST 
Hey all,

I'm trying to avoid cat #3, so I'm helping out with Animal Allies of Texas and the local Petco to get my 'kitten fix.' mol

We just found out that the babies have giardia. I have been changing in the bathroom, leaving my shoes in there, and taking a shower when I come home from visiting the kittens. Is that enough to keep from transmitting giardia to my two grown cats?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Larry, Aug 4 8:07 am

Food & Nutrition > by nature Organics grain - free canned cat food, anyone knows about this?
Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Thu Jun 7, '12 10:42am PST 
Does Petco/Petsmart do free shipping where you live, if you spend $49 (or whatever the threshold is)? I tend to buy two to three months of food in one shot, since my girls are now on a pretty stable diet. Check the websites and see.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tenny, Jun 7 10:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Core has new flavors.

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Thu Jun 7, '12 10:33am PST 
I think Soulistic is coming out with some flavors too. I inquired awhile back, and the president said they were -- that would probably explain the massive sale on Soulistic in stores!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Jun 8 11:26 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Fort Worth, TX needs help!

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 4:57pm PST 
Update: All the pets have been adopted! Believe it or not, Fort Worthians came out en masse and adopted all available pets. The crisis is resolved. Yay!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, May 25 8:01 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Fort Worth, TX needs help!

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Tue May 22, '12 5:10pm PST 
The city's animal shelter has reached crisis capacity. If the numbers don't go down soon, they will begin to euthanize healthy cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies. They started a program with Petsmart two years ago, and since then, not one animal has been killed! It would be dreadful if they had to start again.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/05/21/3976097/animal-she lter-overwhelmed-with.html

Tenny was adopted from the Petsmart at Hulen and I-20. She is such a sweet cat -- she was a great addition to my fuzzy family. I'm in a teeny apartment right now, so I can't take any more. If you know anyone who can help, please pass this on.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, May 25 8:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness sale @ Petco this weekend
Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Sun May 13, '12 12:37am PST 
And the sale applies to Wellness Core too!! I totally picked up two 24-pack cases from Petco.com for $10 cheaper for each one, which brought the price under $1.50 a can. ^^
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brownie, May 13 8:32 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 3:19pm PST 
We will miss Bumpurr, but thanks to you being the mommy that you are, you gave him a good life and helped a lot of other kitties out. You did the right thing -- you let him go so he wouldn't live in pain.

I think everyone else got what I would say. Hang in there - it will hurt, but know you did the best thing for him and he knows it. flowers
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Baron, Jul 1 6:27 pm

Cat Health > Outdoor Cats? Why?

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Sat Apr 21, '12 7:15pm PST 
This has been bothering me for awhile. Over the last year or so, I have had three friends lose their indoor/outdoor cats. Two of them found a dead body, the third just poofed into thin air.

They argue that it would be cruel to cat's inner nature to hunt and prowl if they kept them indoors. I'm of the mindset that we've domesticated cats so much that while that desire is there, they may not be able fulfill it successfully on their own or they may encounter some danger - like a car - that was never a natural part of the food chain.

In short -- I'm pretty horrified that they keep putting their cats out even though they lost a furbaby in a horrible way. For obvious reasons, I keep Tenny indoors, and Memphis, her two-eyed sibling, in also.

Can someone explain it to me why people have indoor/outdoor cats? I can't imagine doing this. I'm sorry if this post sounds narrow-minded, but I really get heartsick at continuing this practice despite a clear fatality rate.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Maple, Jul 11 10:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Core

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 11:35pm PST 
I would point out that people that do feed Core are more health conscious about their pet and are probably more vocal -- like us! As a result, they are more likely to be up in arms about any health issues as compared to the average Joe or Josephine that just feed kitty a bag that's on sale every week. So I think part of the Wellness Core reports are due to the fact that a more observant, educated, and vocal pet owner population buys it.

That all said, I feed the kitties Wellness Core Dry when I have to; I prefer wet, but if I go away for a few days, I don't want to make my pet sitter think as much as I do about it! However, in the future, I'll probably have to go away for about a month for research purposes, so I'll probably stock up on wet and just tell them to dole out the cans
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tenny, Mar 21 11:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > not all grain free is created equal
Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 11:30pm PST 
I've only fed science diet on a short term, and only the wet stuff to get a certain fuzzy eating again. That stuff can be pungent! My vet compared it to the saltines and ginger ale you ate when you were sick as a kid; not something you do as a regular diet choice, but you have to get SOMETHING in there. Granted, my vets have been more enlightened than others.

I agree with the OP. There are a few other brands that are still junky despite the label.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 2:28 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.